Spurs v Cardiff | Page 3 | Vital Football

Spurs v Cardiff

This is the emptiest, lamest, PL match thread I remember. I wonder whether it's because some posters left, some dont care, or a combination.

What was there to comment on?

Its our best ever PL start, imagine if we strengthened....

Pretty abysmal today, we need to up our game or we will get spanked in the next three league games.

Thats good. I wasnt expecting much from us today as the midfield lacked any creativity whatsoever. Winks needs to do more than have a good 10-15 mins a game if he is serious about being a good player.

2 clean sheets in a row in the PL also a positive,

Luckily I had to make do with radio coverage. We are missing Verts, Dembele, Eriksen and Alli who are all starters . We squandered some good chances I gathered and Lloris looked nervy from what the commentators said. We are in third and in touch with the 2 title contenders. So despite our dodgy form and injuries we are doing ok.

Sometimes winning ugly is a good sign.

I am pleased for Dier, he needed a boost.

This is the emptiest, lamest, PL match thread I remember. I wonder whether it's because some posters left, some dont care, or a combination.

If it's not on Sky or BT I don't bother trying to find some shitty online stream anymore, we're too boring to watch to be bothered.

Reports on the game praised Toby and Winks, Rose and surprisingly Sissoko who did a job . I guess he was giving Lamela a rest which was prudent. Moura and Son still not firing on all cylinders and Lloris nervy. Tripps so, so but good balls in. Kane playing out of position again to accommodate an out of form Moura ?

I couldn’t be bothered to watch...glad we got 3 points...but this club is going nowhere, just like the last 16 years of ENIC...BUT, we do have excellent training facilities, players hotel and, eventually, a new stadium...shame about the football.

Our energy level is so low and our football except Moura, Rose and Son was so slow, it is worrying. U see the energy of the rest of the teams, even the supposed lower teams, were much higher. Something is not right. It is worrying if we play with this kind of energy when we meet the likes of Citeh soon. U can see the gloom face of Poch on the sidelines and that is the only game rating that u need to know.

Watched the 1st half at home on me dodgy box, went to the pub then as I couldn't be arsed watching the 2nd half, judging by our 1st half performance. 3 points but not Impressed.

I only saw the highlights but we sure missed some good chances. Son now gone 18 games for us with no goal. Moura should have had 2 really. With the battering Sissoko gets on here it's disappointing nobody has given him credit for today. Once again when we are down to the bones he does a job. Brave of Poch to pick him over Lamela but I can understand why.

Last edited:
Not interested in some dodgy streaming.
Not interested in commenting on pathetic performances by players being paid absurd amounts of money by my Club.

I’m Paying over $300 per month but Foxtel only have the rights to one game per week in Aust, and Optus want me to sign up yet another phone to get what I’ve had for years, so f##k them.

Besides, our defacto position in the PL flatters us.
I’d probably make more of an effort if we played half decent football.

We’re reaping what we’ve sowed, which is not a pretty or fruitful crop.

We are 3rd whilst not playing well and with 4 first teamers out (physio room say Verts out until 20th November by the way) so its not all doom and gloom.
If the top 2 draw later them we are 2 points behind going into the international break.
Yes I agree it hasn't been good to watch but these are the same players that destroyed teams including Real Madrid last season. They will come good and I am sure we will soon batter someone

After the most blatant red card I have seem for a while...cycnical deliberate and intentional to hit the player....ball was gone and his inly intention was to slice Moura down ...which angered Kane so much he ran over and confronted the perp ,,,then on MOTD that prat manager Warnock had the check to blame our players for crowding the ref to change a yellow to red!!!!!!!!!!...and then the ref booking Kane was ludicrous....he is our captain and surely has a right to protect his team.. His onfrontation was not violent in anywayl

When we played with Lucas and Kane as a 2 it seemed to stifle Kane. Since Son's return when we play a 3 Kane looks a bit better but Son seems out of sorts.

If we get those 3 clicking together it could be one of the most exciting attacking forces in Europe, but fatigue and a lack of chemistry haven't seen that happen so far. Really hope it clicks soon and we give someone a pasting.

We are 3rd whilst not playing well and with 4 first teamers out (physio room say Verts out until 20th November by the way) so its not all doom and gloom.
If the top 2 draw later them we are 2 points behind going into the international break.
Yes I agree it hasn't been good to watch but these are the same players that destroyed teams including Real Madrid last season. They will come good and I am sure we will soon batter someone
It is definitely not all doom and gloom but i guess the respondents here are just raising some major concerns. After 4 yrs, it looks like we no longer hv any Poch philosophy. What is our style? High press? Counter attack? Possession?
Energy? Where is it? It is getting real low?
Defence? Where is it? Toby is back but not the Toby of 3 yrs ago. We had conceded so many clear cut opportunities that it is so scary. Lousier teams let us off the hook, Barca, Liverfools and Watford killed us.
Attack? Why put Moura higher up and Kane dropping closer to center circle? Moura with the speed and mobility should b the one bringing the ball up and building the chances for Kane.
It is quite muddled thinking by Poch at the moment and it is showing in the performanes. Of course he is not helped by so many players out of form. Son seemed more concerned with avoiding military draft than playing for us.