Sick of karanka? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Sick of karanka?

I like karanka and think he knows his stuff. For him (compared to boro) we have been expansive but at home we have to be a bit more patient as his type of football is about control hence the set plays through defence and use of safer balls backwards. This has been our undoing at home and when crowds become impatient. Take Guedioura who last night shone for me. At home when he has played he has been jeered when attempting forward balls that don’t come off and then gone into safe mode.

We prob have some repsonsibility as fans to ensure we drown out any bad noise after a poor game if it gets dicey and if Marianakis is anywhere within earshot. We suspect he can be trigger happy and that will be far easier of the disgruntled few are noisier than the majority. Mariankis has to keep the fans happy after all. So sometimes the contented ones need to be a bit louder about it.. poss in many 'niches' nowadays

Time to revive this thread. Rumours are that maranakis told Karanka after the money spent and the backing he's had, we must be in the playoff positions going into the New Year. Well....

Jokanovoic being mentioned as a replacement should maranakis pull the trigger. I'd be absolutely over the moon with that appointment.

Do you mean Fat Tony CP? Or have I missed the joke, as Marinakis looks nowt like comic book guy.

Dougie did what he was tasked to do but it was such dour, negative football that it was never going to get the fans inside. Telling that he is another ex-manager who hasn’t worked at any meaningful level since.

You can tell AK is a pragmatic manager in the Mourinho mould but he at least tries to give us some decent football which is why the fans are predominantly backing him to stay.

Just seen the 49 game stat comparison with Dougie Freeman's tenure .....unbelievable but Dougie comes out on top ?

Interesting considering that Dougie was a poor manager with virtually no pedigree with much worse players and turmoil behind the scenes and no money to play with, but I guess you might be able to put that down to pretty much a whole new squad of players bedding in?

The maths is generally pretty clear that there is no such thing as a new manager bump when you sack one during a bad run at best you get a regression to the mean. Persist with him and the 'bounce' tends to be higher.

The maths is generally pretty clear that there is no such thing as a new manager bump when you sack one during a bad run at best you get a regression to the mean. Persist with him and the 'bounce' tends to be higher.
We've seen a 'new manager bounce' at least 4 times in the last ten years. 5 if you include O'Driscol coming in as assistant

Don't think AK should be sacked, but whatever his pedigree his performance here has been decidedly average. We aren't playing a formation that makes the best use of our players, we generally play with 7 players behind the ball, and we have signed numerous players who are having no impact (Tachtsidis, Goncalves, Dias, Ansarifard, Watson) and Carvalho has had less impact than Dowell. I suppose he has been unlucky that other signings have had little impact due to injury (Byram, Soudani, Dawson, Figuerido) . We also seem to be getting worse rather than better.

Would give him till the end of the season to see how things go, but it's no good sacking him at the end of January, when the window closes.

Theres about 1% not happy with the boss looking at every avenue. Why are we even having this debate with retards? That's half the problem with the world, is that normal people keep responding to them rather than ignoring them