Sick of karanka? | Vital Football

Sick of karanka?

payola1980

Vital Football Hero
I don't post much these days but i have watched every match this season via the wonder of technology and I have been lurking around reading the comments.

Im absolutely sick of karanka, his tactics, boring negative and dull. Theres a man called Steve Bruce who's just been sacked after getting his side within a whisker of promotion last season and had some of his best players taken away i.e grabban, terry, johnstone, because the club were in the shit financially.

We are going NOWHERE under karanka.
I'd honestly get rid of him tonight and give the job to Steve Bruce in time to take training tomorrow. He would get us into the playoffs minimum this season i 100% believe this.

Jesus no to Bruce.

As for Karanka, I was far more optimistic early in the season with the style we played. He's subsequently attempted to tighten us up, which to be fair has worked somewhat but as a consequence we've sacrificed a little of the creative freedom. It's not my cup of tea but I understand why he's doing it.

I'm happy to be patient still, there's a number of players still acclimatising and building a style of play doesn't happen over night, even if it's a touch dour.

Last edited:
The case for not changing the manager is that it doesn't work though. Either at Forest or in this league.

Statistically if you bring a manager in mid season in The Championship, you are writing the rest of it off.

I wrote an article about it a year or two back, I found that history has shown that statistically it takes 15 months (can't remember exactly sorry) or so to build a team to get out of this league. There are obviously exceptions but it generally ruins your season - you're basically starting again from scratch.

And in my experience these statistics make sense - when your coach changes you are starting fresh and it takes months to be able to work efficiently as a team.

We're only a few points off the top of the league, lets give Karanka a chance to fail instead of bottling it every year.

We bottle it, as a club, as players and as fans every year as soon as adversity shows it's head. We've not allowed a manager to see out a season since 2010/11.

Only on 4 occasions have we managed not to panic - we've finished 6th, 3rd, 2nd & 4th.

How are we meant to build for the future if we're changing the whole ethos of the club mid way through every season? Unless we're bottom of the league these guys should be doing 18 months minimum.

We need to take some responsibility for the atmoshpere of quick fix ourselves and get behind the managers.

We've had several occasions in our recent history where we've had the chance to build something special atthis club - had managers who have cared about the club and were building for the future, while at the same time although not at the top of the league we were competative in the division.

SOD - 5 months in the job - 8th.
Davies II - 13 months - 7th.
Pearce - 8 months - 12th.
Warburton - 10 months - 14th.

All of the above had something to offer, along with their drawbacks, but the oth thing in common was that by sacking them mid season our season was derailed, and with SOD, Pearce and Warburton their plans for the club long term were ruined too. Davies was not building for the futurein the same manner but was the better coach with the better chance of all to get us promoted, and was only just outside the play-offs, but we couldn't even hang on a couple of months before presing the panic button then.

Lets face it, nobody knows where any of the above would have finished in those seasons in this crazy division. What we do know is that we forfeited the chance to find out.

Now we've got another one, Karanka, lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater again. Lets not bottle it again. Lets see what he can do.

I can't understand wanting Karanka gone for playing dull, negative football and wanting Bruce as his replacement. Did you watch us against his Villa teams over the last couple of years?

Karanka's track record suggests he will get us into the play offs minimum just as much as Bruce's does.

We should go for an unproven manager like Lampard or Gerrard

They have come in with no experience and are doing better

The whole some players are bedding in is a load of bollox when you have managers taking on a group of players with new signings and they've never managed a club before

Predictable really - three home wins in a row, a battling draw at Blackburn...then a poor performance against Millwall and people call for Karanka to be sacked.

We were held to a draw. It was very disappointing. Dias for Osborn didn't work (might have done if Pants hadn't gifted them a goal, with Dias and Cash on we could have kept them on the back foot). Most of us would have brought Murphy on.

But we've lost once this season and we're a point outside the playoffs. Not sure what's so bad about that.

Predictable really - three home wins in a row, a battling draw at Blackburn...then a poor performance against Millwall and people call for Karanka to be sacked.

We were held to a draw. It was very disappointing. Dias for Osborn didn't work (might have done if Pants hadn't gifted them a goal, with Dias and Cash on we could have kept them on the back foot). Most of us would have brought Murphy on.

But we've lost once this season and we're a point outside the playoffs. Not sure what's so bad about that.
held to a draw would suggest we were unlucky not to win

we werent held to anything, we threw away 2 goal lead that arguably we didnt deserve, and we almost lost it completely

Good post Pebble.

We aren't going to keep drawing this many games over the course of the season. At some point we're going to start winning or losing a few more; from what I've seen so far I think it will be the former.

The whole some players are bedding in is a load of bollox when you have managers taking on a group of players with new signings and they've never managed a club before

Taking on squads of players that have seen consistent investment for many seasons and have played together for a long time.

Lampard is taking over a Derby team that has had far more spent on it than our squad over the last three years and has consistently been around the top six for four years.

And Derby are ONE point better off

I wasn't keen on Karnaka on his appointment mainly because of his defensive attitude and unwillingness to change.

This is being born out at present. However now we have him, he has been allowed to bring in players to suit his style and game plan, I feel we should give him the season unless relegation is a real threat. Boffin is correct.

Last night was a prime example of his style and doggedness being part of our downfall. All teams know we will play two defensive midfield players, who are slow. Thus they set themselves up to either squeeze those two with plenty of quick movement (Brentford) or by pass them all together (Millwall).

This game was made for three big men at the back, fast mobile wing forwards and two strikers. Did AK set up like this. No. Has he got the players available to play like this. Yes. Its his head that is the problem.

Lol Derby are one point ahead of us, let's not wet our panties just yet.

Bedding in isn't bollocks, there's a huge transition to make in terms of language, culture, oh and style of football for a number of our players.

Wenger said it took many players a full year to adapt and see the best of them.

Whomever started this thread is an absolute clown and obviously doesn't know anything about football.

We have been awful for decades. Awful.

At last,w e have found a way to be hard to beat and are a point off the playoffs --and people want the manager out?!

For me we can continue our learning - some good games, some bad. If we finish in the the playoffs then we've done brilliantly.

You don't turn a crap team in to a top 2 team in one season. Grow up.

I don't post much these days but i have watched every match this season via the wonder of technology and I have been lurking around reading the comments.

Im absolutely sick of karanka, his tactics, boring negative and dull. Theres a man called Steve Bruce who's just been sacked after getting his side within a whisker of promotion last season and had some of his best players taken away i.e grabban, terry, johnstone, because the club were in the shit financially.

We are going NOWHERE under karanka.
I'd honestly get rid of him tonight and give the job to Steve Bruce in time to take training tomorrow. He would get us into the playoffs minimum this season i 100% believe this.

:clown:

I wasn't keen on Karnaka on his appointment mainly because of his defensive attitude and unwillingness to change.

This is being born out at present. However now we have him, he has been allowed to bring in players to suit his style and game plan, I feel we should give him the season unless relegation is a real threat. Boffin is correct.

Last night was a prime example of his style and doggedness being part of our downfall. All teams know we will play two defensive midfield players, who are slow. Thus they set themselves up to either squeeze those two with plenty of quick movement (Brentford) or by pass them all together (Millwall).

This game was made for three big men at the back, fast mobile wing forwards and two strikers. Did AK set up like this. No. Has he got the players available to play like this. Yes. Its his head that is the problem.

it's a balance- generally I think people accept that the ideal is to impose your game on the opposition. That's not doggedness but a tactic for consistency and confidence. Having said that, teams do need to be flexible and have a plan b. I think AK has shown flexibility but is perhaps slower than the fans, no doubt because he is so focused on reaching the ideal.

AK will no doubt improve alongside his squad. the OP does nothing to support the manager.

No Reason. Did you not see the Reading, Wigan, Bury, Brum or last nights game. The only time we had control was when the lights were off.