should we appeal | Page 9 | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
So we still cant introduce that GAP stuff you told us all we could rely on that doesn't appear to have even been mentioned in our defence.

Tbh I wasn't getting at new stuff I was getting at stuff that's clearly included but we havent seemed to push the issue on, like the COVID allowances and promotion stuff they have disagreed with EFL. That's all referenced but it doesn't seem like we have really argued the case on it.
Well, the first thing is, we do not know the format of the Commission, or how it works in practice.

Do we put forward evidence and then the Commission makes their decision, or is it like a Court were there is evidence given and then questions asked, and so on.

If its the latter, its going to be difficult, although a lot will hinge on Leicester's claims.

If Leicester succeed with their argument that the PL have no jurisdiction on what happens in the EFL, the case is blown out of the water.

The way things are going with legal challenges, I can see ours being scrapped and Evertons reduced further.

The EPL is a bigger basket case than our club.

I would think Maranakis had the ear of Sunak too.

Who’s gone pay there massif wages?

Only Forest, that’s who.
Where do you get this fallacy that Forest are paying these huge wages?
If you study the accounts - you will see that Forests wage bill in lower than most of the EPL clubs.

That would be a right fucking laugh.

Imagine the PL contacting us to let us know one of their officials will be attending the game, and we insist on sending out a bullet proof vehicle to collect them, complete with armed guards.

We could do the same for the SKY team and their match pundits.

🤩

I don't agree that we cannot get a system that works for all clubs. the argument that we knew the rules doesn't trump the the argument that the rules are not fit for purpose.

one cannot agree to follows rules that aren't fit for purpose.
you change unfit rules in a fit n proper manner tho not by flouncing them.

we found out 4 weeks before the deadline that the PL were not accepting our finances already accepted by the EFL.

hardly flouncing is it.
well, we broke the limits for those last 2 seasons in the championship and would have been facing the same situation in that league if we hadnt got promoted so I think it is

Problem with
Again this is legal jargon.
We cannot introduce new evidence per say, however we can introduce new supporting evidence as mitigation to the existing submission

I don’t fully understand - this comes from Everton’s appeal
Problem with independent commissions is none of the members know bugger all about football. We all know how difficult it is selling players in the first 6 to 8 weeks from the beginning of the summer transfer window as clubs are on holiday mode as are players! Why on earth the cut off point was set to the end of June rather than the 1st day the window closes I just cannot understand.

Problem with

Problem with independent commissions is none of the members know bugger all about football. We all know how difficult it is selling players in the first 6 to 8 weeks from the beginning of the summer transfer window as clubs are on holiday mode as are players! Why on earth the cut off point was set to the end of June rather than the 1st day the window closes I just cannot understand.
Probably to protect the 'big 6' so no team can challenge them.

we found out 4 weeks before the deadline that the PL were not accepting our finances already accepted by the EFL.

hardly flouncing is it.
That, to me, seems the best point. A club that has conducted its financial affairs in accordance with the rules pertaining to the league/ competition in which it is participating, and has had confirmation of that from that League, should not be penalised when a different league applies different rules to its disadvantage. That is basic fairness. The fact that the club has been told that its accounts comply is what's called a legitimate expectation.

Having said that, I don't, from what has been said on here, see all of that as extinguishing the entire amount of breach, I.e. Forest would still be in breach, but it should reduce the amount and this the penalty.