should we appeal | Page 6 | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
Everton take their case to IC next week. The IC will deliberate and give ruling one week later, taking us very close to April 8th deadline. They are likely to get another 6 points.

By then Forest will have played a further two home games. The table could look very different.

We appeal, in case of worse scenario and in the knowledge that should further info come from IC Everton case that alters our stance. We hope for best case scenario of positive on field points haul and Everton points reduction means we can withdraw appeal.

Next season will look after itself. Everyone knows any overspend is 6 points. We will be clearer on double jeopardy and repeat offences. Everton will be in equal problematic S&P jeopardy as will Leics. Ipswich Matty gain promotion with no opportunity to strengthen. Other teams may overspend. All teams will struggle. Chelsea will probably be hit with 8 minus two for cooperation. Man City are untouchable.

Let’s get this season out f the way before worrying about next.

We appeal, hopefully it’s drawing appeal as on field we play like a team. Ever hopeful.
Polly dont we only have 7 days from the date of our decision to appeal in which case strategically we may have to place hold an appeal (and withdraw-not sure if we can do this without sanction)

Polly dont we only have 7 days from the date of our decision to appeal in which case strategically we may have to place hold an appeal (and withdraw-not sure if we can do this without sanction)
Under sectionW we can withdraw the appeal up to the commencement of the appeal. We will have to cover costs of appeal, thus if we withdraw before the date the costs will be less than waiting till day of appeal. We can withdraw after last game of season with costs to be set by IC being the only penalty. What’s to lose?

Under sectionW we can withdraw the appeal up to the commencement of the appeal. We will have to cover costs of appeal, thus if we withdraw before the date the costs will be less than waiting till day of appeal. We can withdraw after last game of season with costs to be set by IC being the only penalty. What’s to lose?
Nothing on that basis. We should appeal

such a wannabe over inflated ego of a club, like the wimp who shouts lately.

we had no players when promoted cos we were ran like a shambles and even breaking the rules in that league. we did not have to spend to stay up either ,half the league have been relegated and rebuilt and managed to then stay up and continue building.

bemoaning the big clubs then voting against the small clubs.

kinda embarassed tbh at the thought of an appeal

You are being staggeringly kind to yourself here Chandos

I have no skin in the game when it comes to DeMarco one way or another, having never made any statements either in support or criticism of him.

However, given you tell me at the end of this post to think more and speak less, perhaps you might take your own advice?

The club appear to have admitted the charge immediately and pursued a strategy of cooperation which has won 2 precious points back. Who are you or I to say that another strategy would have won more, having neither legal training nor been there?

I mean, every point of our mitigation has been dismissed by the premier league and then the commission. Neither of us has the legal training to be able to say what alternative points of mitigation should have been put forward? I personally cannot think of anything else we could have argued in mitigation beyond what was put forward. Can you? And do you have the legal expertise to know if that would fly?

I don't know what the balance of unsolicited posts starting with me or you is. Certainly I've responded recently to a fair few where you have referenced me in a negative way out of the blue or quoted something else I've said. When I had a scan through your posts I was quite surprised by how many recently had been about me or aimed at me. Not sure I really understand the obsession.

I might be guilty of occasionally conflating the commission and the Premier League, but my suspicions are very much about the Premier League. I have no idea how Independent the Commission really is. If it is as independent as our governmental regulators such as Ofsted, not very.

The fact is, the club have released a statement clearly saying more or less everything I have suspected on here; that they feel the Premier League have prosecuted this case with undue prejudice. They have detailed some of the evidence that makes them think so, and alluded to the tone and content of their submission, which neither of us has seen.

Clearly the club have long suspected the same thing that I have long suspected.

The fact is also that they have breached their own rules in terms of when these findings are released, unless this was given to the club on Friday. That may be the case.

Oh, and I personally wouldn't normally do this but the next time you decide to respond to me by pointing out a spelling mistake I've made, have a look at your own posts and remember how easy it is to make a mistake typing quickly on a phone with autocorrect not always giving you what you want

I would say a far higher proportion of your posts are instigating petty arguments than mine are in participating in them. I am far from the only poster on here who as called you out on your nasty, bitter sniping at other posters.
lol i think that was bit unfair to pull you out on de marco. The conspiracy prem league stuff tho is a bit funny

interesting that he thinks we could get up to 2pts back. obviously 2pts could be massive and closer to what imo would be fair given the penalty Everton received.

oh and they can take the reckless argument and stuff it up their arse. wasting money i can accept but our squad position and the massive disadvantage meant we had no choice.

not sure how we can be considered to have had a sporting advantage when our starting position is so disadvantaged.

anyway it's all been said. fuck em all.
Absolutely bang on. And we should appeal this decision 100%. There isn't a cat in hells chance the points are increased, that is just fear-mongering and total BS. Appeal, and keep on appealing

Is it R for Rules chap? i.e Rules Radford

If we followed every fucking stupid rule ever made in this country we would still be in the fooking dark ages. its a weak and pathetic argument. you agreed to screw yourself and you should do it. we don't accept this bullshit in any other area of life. the rules said you could rape your wife until they were changed cos they were not fit for purpose.

Also playing BJ in this seasons matches bears no sporting advantage on the previous season that we were being judged on.

the very idea that newly promoted teams are in a position to generate an unfair sporting advantage is simply for the fooking birds. if we were held against the same standards fine. if we were we wouldn't even be fooking talking about ffp. we have one arm tied behind our back.

Sporting advantage? Just show the " independent " commission a video of our total annihilation at Newcastle on our premiere league debut with our hastily and expensively put together squad. I think that alone would blow that particular charge out of the water. I genuinely feared for our players mental well being after that.