should we appeal | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
It depends on this rumour of an additional 2 points deduction if the appeal fails. If we're relegated, by even a point, an appeal won't matter. There is categorically not a hope in hell our deduction is reduced in that circumstance. They won't change the relegation picture because it gets too messy.

So we have no choice. We've got to survive with the 4 deduction in place. If we don't, we're down and the appeal means jack shit.

The more info that comes out, the more my anger to the league is replaced by that to the hierarchy at the club.
If anything the league may have been lenient with us.
Really can’t see the point in appealing.
This is really Fawaz levels of incompetence, which I find staggering to be honest.
I really didn’t think it was this bad.

I'm not sure.
The 4 points alerady includes a reduction which is basically to avoid an appeal (they use a starting point of 3 points instead of 6, because on appeal Everton's starting point was reduced to 3 points).

Having skimmed the document and read about half of it properly, it looks like our confidence was false, and the Premier League was much more antagonistic about charging us than they needed to be, but I doubt anyone making decisions would care or take that into account.

I'm furious about how the club have gone about this tbh. We fucked up really badly, ignored several warnings that we were going to be in breach, and just assumed that our mitigations would be taken on board when in fact the Premier League disputed 4 out of our 6 mitigation points, and the commission agreed with them.

The more info that comes out, the more my anger to the league is replaced by that to the hierarchy at the club.
If anything the league may have been lenient with us.
Really can’t see the point in appealing.
This is really Fawaz levels of incompetence, which I find staggering to be honest.
I really didn’t think it was this bad.
I was just about to put something similar, but yours is more eloquent. Both what the club witnesses said, and what Da Marco was submitting, is just rubbish. Essentially, Forest took a decision not to comply with the rules, and their complaint is that they think the rules are unfair. That is like someone I met who was intending to plead not guilty to drugs charges on the basis that he thought drugs should be legal.

If we don't appeal we're admitting guilt and rolling over to the big boys who intend to stay at the top at whatever cost. We need to appeal just like Everton did and stand up to these corrupt bastards.

If we don't appeal we're admitting guilt and rolling over to the big boys who intend to stay at the top at whatever cost. We need to appeal just like Everton did and stand up to these corrupt bastards.
What about we breached the rules by 35m (and accordingly significantly) do you not understand ? No Shelvey, no Wood and maybe no Lingard and we may have just been ok.

There's a bit in the report where our own financial guy emails someone to say we will be in serious breach without doing something

And then the panel says we still did nothing or very little to avoid the breach

I don't think we've got much of an argument tbh

I think we should be happy it's just 4 points, learn from it and move on

Of course we should appeal & continue appealing until we run out of people to appeal to
Having whizzed though the report I've changed my mind I think the 4 points is more than fair, we knew what we were doing, tried to fiddle the old covid allowances etc. We too k a gamble we'll see if it's a winning bet later

If there is no penalty for appealing then we appeal.

however £35m is a really big technicality. We have been deducted1.3. Points for each month in breach. This is the kind off message we need to be sending out and be heard.

We need to see the PL bring charges against others.

I assume DdiMarco has kept something back for the appeal.