should we appeal | Page 10 | Vital Football

should we appeal

should we appeal

• Total voters
That, to me, seems the best point. A club that has conducted its financial affairs in accordance with the rules pertaining to the league/ competition in which it is participating, and has had confirmation of that from that League, should not be penalised when a different league applies different rules to its disadvantage. That is basic fairness. The fact that the club has been told that its accounts comply is what's called a legitimate expectation.

Having said that, I don't, from what has been said on here, see all of that as extinguishing the entire amount of breach, I.e. Forest would still be in breach, but it should reduce the amount and this the penalty.
It appears all these mitigating factors and n have been argued. Perhaps mitigating factors are not discussed at the original hearing only the facts. Mitigating factors and challenge of information is for the appeal. I do not know as have not seen anything about batting order.

That, to me, seems the best point. A club that has conducted its financial affairs in accordance with the rules pertaining to the league/ competition in which it is participating, and has had confirmation of that from that League, should not be penalised when a different league applies different rules to its disadvantage. That is basic fairness. The fact that the club has been told that its accounts comply is what's called a legitimate expectation.

Having said that, I don't, from what has been said on here, see all of that as extinguishing the entire amount of breach, I.e. Forest would still be in breach, but it should reduce the amount and this the penalty.

agree. I also think the pressure on the PL to produce victims meant we were always going to have to swallow at least one or two points. purely to acknowledge the (albeit unfit for purpose) rules.

the proportionality of the penalties given out don't match either so I do think there is scope in this appeal to get some pts back.

This bell end thinks we could lose the 2 points

However, i think the 2 reduction was due to us co-operating - which we still are but are appealing the 6 points we got so the 2 would still come off as this was for the whole process…

It’s completely arse about face..

This bell end thinks we could lose the 2 points

However, i think the 2 reduction was due to us co-operating - which we still are but are appealing the 6 points we got so the 2 would still come off as this was for the whole process…

It’s completely arse about face..
That Everton fan is talking utter nonsense. It would mean our right of appeal would be nullified because it’s seen as not cooperating! That is not in anyway justice. In 20 years working in the criminal court service and seeing dozens of appeals against sentence cases I never saw one where the sentence was increased. Either it stayed the same or was reduced. Many had cooperated by pleading Guilty which had reduced their sentence initially from the start but were still appealing because they thought the sentence was too harsh.

That Everton fan is talking utter nonsense. It would mean our right of appeal would be nullified because it’s seen as not cooperating! That is not in anyway justice. In 20 years working in the criminal court service and seeing dozens of appeals against sentence cases I never saw one where the sentence was increased. Either it stayed the same or was reduced. Many had cooperated by pleading Guilty which had reduced their sentence initially from the start but were still appealing because they thought the sentence was too harsh.
There isn't a slightest chance this deduction is increased. The PL would be in court for years if they did it.

The only way this doesn’t go to court is that Everton get a points deduction but both Forest and Everton despite deductions do it on the pitch and survive. Next season some amnesty comes up as new rules are agreed. If either Forest or Everton go down a two year battle in court with PL is the outcome.

The only way this doesn’t go to court is that Everton get a points deduction but both Forest and Everton despite deductions do it on the pitch and survive. Next season some amnesty comes up as new rules are agreed. If either Forest or Everton go down a two year battle in court with PL is the outcome.
Of course, this ought to have the consequence of there now being a conspiracy to favour Forest in refereeing decisions.

but its an independant 'jury' so if they decide we were lightly punished they SHOULD have the right to increase it imo

but its an independant 'jury' so if they decide we were lightly punished they SHOULD have the right to increase it imo
That’s not the issue here. We got 2 points back for early Guilty plea and co-operation. The implication was because we have appealed that co-operation could be discounted and an extra point or 2 added. My assertion is that an appeal should not be seen as not co-operating as that basically would nullify the right to appeal. also it’s the premier league who have the right to appeal for a lenient sentence and they didn’t so that should not be considered