Season Tickets 2021/22 | Page 27 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2021/22

If you've had two jabs, it'll be the most immune you'll be. If you don't feel safe by the time the season kicks off, when you've been jabbed (presumably you're having/have had the vaccine) and when another few hundred thousand will have had jabs, then I'm not sure when you will.

It's not to do with own vaccine status. If cases are soon over 100,000 per day (as "Health" Secretary admitted today) and climbing even higher(?) then chances are greatly increased of still catching covid even when vaccinated. If vaccine gives protection of 90%, do I still want to risk that 10% chance?
Only when cases have tumbled down will I feel safe enough.

And I had been feeling safe enough in recent weeks (we'd been for a meal etc) but that safety got completely totally taken away yesterday.

I now won't go anywhere where there's a lot of people until safety returns.

Had a ticket for Lords yesterday, got our paper Covid Pass beforehand which we showed to a steward outside the Ground, who then gave us a wrist band to prove I had my two jabs, usual bag check at the turnstile and into the Ground. Worked really smoothly, 18,000 crowd , felt very comfortable and no problems. Good to see people enjoying themselves at last . No going back imo.
UTI.

I'm obviously losing the ability to count in my old age.

In case anyone is waiting, season tickets have been on general sale since last Monday.

Had a ticket for Lords yesterday, got our paper Covid Pass beforehand which we showed to a steward outside the Ground, who then gave us a wrist band to prove I had my two jabs, usual bag check at the turnstile and into the Ground. Worked really smoothly, 18,000 crowd , felt very comfortable and no problems. Good to see people enjoying themselves at last . No going back imo.
UTI.

Sadly I think there will be "going back" and before the autumn.

It's not to do with own vaccine status. If cases are soon over 100,000 per day (as "Health" Secretary admitted today) and climbing even higher(?) then chances are greatly increased of still catching covid even when vaccinated. If vaccine gives protection of 90%, do I still want to risk that 10% chance?
Only when cases have tumbled down will I feel safe enough.

And I had been feeling safe enough in recent weeks (we'd been for a meal etc) but that safety got completely totally taken away yesterday.

I now won't go anywhere where there's a lot of people until safety returns.

Unfortunately then you won't be going anywhere with lots of people for a very very long time if ever at all because there will always be thousands of cases just like there are thousands of cases of flu.

Safety will never return as it did before the pandemic and COVID-19 is here to stay. It will never go away it will rise and fall as do the myriad of other viruses and diseases around the world but the vaccines have given us a fantastic chance of fighting it off if we get it just like our natural immunity to influenza does but it still gets thousands of us every year.

The point is if you keep restrictions after most people have been vaccinated then the other diseases that we have built up natural immunity to will come to the fore again. Apparently here were very few flu deaths last year compared to other years because people weren't mixing and spreading it around. This year it will likely rocket because it will come back with a vengeance because our natural immunity will diminish.

As a society we have to accept that viruses and diseases will get some of us that is just the way of the world but if you keep restrictions and lock downs and that causes more deaths from other flu variants, depression, cancelled treatments, domestic violence etc then the cure becomes more deadly than the disease.

Oh and 489 tickets left now and there were 584 when the club tweeted they had sold over 6,000 on Friday.