Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic | Page 5 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic

For me anyone that is is the public limelight on a quarter of a million a week can raise/ask other people who earn a fraction of that, can ask others to contribute, while not contributing from themselves and one of the highest earning clubs in the world.

Not looking for an argument with you RasenImp as life is to short, everyone has different opinions just offering mine,for what it is worth.
Or he could choose to do nothing at all - as many others in a similar position have chosen - at least he's spotted some issues and is using his prominent position to have a positive effect.

He has made a difference - and some kids have felt the benefit of that. Well done to him.

Or he could choose to do nothing at all - as many others in a similar position have chosen - at least he's spotted some issues and is using his prominent position to have a positive effect.

He has made a difference - and some kids have felt the benefit of that. Well done to him.

I am not decrying him for raising the issue, but how does he get an MBE ahead of Chris Whitty and JVT and all the other people who have been on the ICU units and wards and porters and paramedics and and police officers who have been up close and personal with people with covid.

I can sit at home and tell the government what they ought to be spending there money on, though I am not on 250 k a week for kicking a ball around.

I am not decrying him for raising the issue, but how does he get an MBE ahead of Chris Whitty and JVT and all the other people who have been on the ICU units and wards and porters and paramedics and and police officers who have been up close and personal with people with covid.

I can sit at home and tell the government what they ought to be spending there money on, though I am not on 250 k a week.

I don't know why you're obsessed with mbes or Chris Whitty but the news at the time was that it wasn't the time to give out honours for the pandemic response, as 1)three figures are still doing it and 2) especially after some recent inquiries have brought a few things out in the wash over other sirs, as you must agree? Makes more sense to let the dust settle a bit.

Regardless, a number of people were and have been honoured for services to health both in the past and the last list, its not that Rashford got an mbe so Chris Whitty can never get one. Bizarre.

Anyway that's me out before jules moves the thread...

I can sit at home and tell the government what they ought to be spending there money on, though I am not on 250 k a week for kicking a ball around.
In fairness, the last 18 months he has been miskicking a ball around, or generally not bothering.

I don't know why you're obsessed with mbes or Chris Whitty but the news at the time was that it wasn't the time to give out honours for the pandemic response, as 1)three figures are still doing it and 2) especially after some recent inquiries have brought a few things out in the wash over other sirs, as you must agree? Makes more sense to let the dust settle a bit.

Regardless, a number of people were and have been honoured for services to health both in the past and the last list, its not that Rashford got an mbe so Chris Whitty can never get one. Bizarre.

To be honest it’s probably more to do with the fact that after a couple of Wolf Blass red label, I see footballers on a huge amount of money presented with MBE’s above thousands of people who cared for and respected and treated people with covid and risked there lives, who aren’t recognised.

For me anyone that is is the public limelight on a quarter of a million a week can raise/ask other people who earn a fraction of that, can ask others to contribute, while not contributing from themselves and one of the highest earning clubs in the world.

Not looking for an argument with you RasenImp as life is to short, everyone has different opinions just offering mine,for what it is worth.
Problem with opinions is that they're like arseholes - everyone has one, and some - like yours - stink.

I also cannot fathom why you're so wound up about badges given out by a woman who's had the good fortune to be born to tow posh german folks. Apart from your admission to having consumed two bottles of strong Australian wine.

I also cannot fathom why you're so wound up about badges given out by a woman who's had the good fortune to be born to tow posh german folks. Apart from your admission to having consumed two bottles of strong Australian wine.

You are probably right. I should calm down, just saying what I think, at the end of the day I thought this was the point of the forum. I will stay off the Wolf Blass during the ashes.

Hopefully Jules won’t move this thread, it is not political, just people with different opinions.

Hopefully Jules won’t move this thread, it is not political, just people with different opinions.

I'd be intrigued to know who you support politically, though. I wonder, was it the party that offered nurses a 1% pay-rise by way of "thanks" for their work during the pandemic?

But that's for another thread in anither forum.

I'd be intrigued to know who you support politically, though. I wonder, was it the party that offered nurses a 1% pay-rise by way of "thanks" for their work during the pandemic?

But that's for another thread in anither forum.
Still not had our half the rate of inflation generous payrise.
I'm told by some I should be a , I'm getting a rise b, I have a job and c stop making tiktok videos!

As for England their tactics of boring teams to death is working a treat.
Apparently the last time we didn't concede in the group stage ...... 1966
France Germany or Portugal next , got to beat the good teams if they're going to win it.

Decent first 45, after that we were boringly poor. Incredibly the Czechs didn't seem to have any ambition either even when they dropped to third in the group. It was a pitiful spectacle.

Decent first half, much better with Grealish and Saka running and trying to commit opposition players. Bigger threat on the counter attack that way.

Comfortable second half, not a lot happened.

I think most of us knew how Southgate would approach the tournament. He's trying a France-lite way of winning but whilst France are absolutely packed with quality and have the ability to step it up when needed, I'm not sure we'd be able to do the same.

Decent first half, much better with Grealish and Saka running and trying to commit opposition players. Bigger threat on the counter attack that way.

I think most of us knew how Southgate would approach the tournament. He's trying a France-lite way of winning but whilst France are absolutely packed with quality and have the ability to step it up when needed, I'm not sure we'd be able to do the same.
Find out next week

Yeah I'm at the "worried if we go 1-0 down" stage. Not sure if there's a plan b as we've been so turgid and Kane looks so out of nick

Kane even after injury looked good in a poor Tottenham side, granted he did have Bale and Son around him.
Is it Southgate's ultra cautious approach that's making him look bad?
He has 221 for Tottenham and 34 in 55 games for England prior to the tournament.
Jimmy Greaves was dropped and hardly ever played England again at the peak of his powers when England won the World Cup in 1966, could the same thing happen to Harry?
Ollie Watkins plays for a club side who wear claret and blue...