Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic | Page 3 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic

A draw would be fine because the next round of opponents are likely to be harder if we top the group.
But if we top the group, we will be in the weaker side of the knockouts. Yes, the next round might be harder but after that it's probably someone like Sweden, Denmark or Spain, I think. Plus, we will play mostly at Wembley of we top the group (and get through the knockouts), with I think one game in Rome.

Maguire in for Mings. For me Mings has been the best player in the first two games.
Maguire probably a better chance of scoring at set pieces, but having seen a lot of players come into group games after 6 weeks etc.out, it is very hard to get straight up to speed.

Maguire in for Mings. For me Mings has been the best player in the first two games.
Maguire probably a better chance of scoring at set pieces, but having seen a lot of players come into group games after 6 weeks etc.out, it is very hard to get straight up to speed.

I think Mings is on a yellow and if Maguire is going to break down it'd be better for him to do it tonight rather than trying to keep up with Mbappe or Ronaldo next week

Foden not even listed with subs. Injury? or another reason?
I was going to ask the same question… seems odd to go from first 11 to not even in the 23. Although foden is the only england player on a yellow card, maybe that is the reason

Foden not even listed with subs. Injury? or another reason?

3 outfield players can't be named. Mount and Chilwell are the other two. If he's not going to be used because of the yellow card situation might as well fill the bench with those who might get on the pitch

Much better 1st half, England deservedly ahead, the front 4 looking much livelier than previously. I’m still not sure what the Rice/Philips combination brings as neither demand the ball off the defenders when playing out from the back?