Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic | Page 6 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic

Kane even after injury looked good in a poor Tottenham side, granted he did have Bale and Son around him.
Is it Southgate's ultra cautious approach that's making him look bad?
He has 221 for Tottenham and 34 in 55 games for England prior to the tournament.
Jimmy Greaves was dropped and hardly ever played England again at the peak of his powers when England won the World Cup in 1966, could the same thing happen to Harry?
Ollie Watkins plays for a club side who wear claret and blue...

I'm really not sure, I was lucky enough to be at Wembley for the Scotland game (some might dispute the luck there but I enjoyed it!) and he just looked so unbelievably leggy.

I did think sometimes players were too far away from him, Grealish maybe got a bit closer last night but he was getting it into feet against Scotland and Foden and Sterling were both 30 yards away either side. So taking a touch and popping it off was impossible and he just got swarmed.

But the whole thing for me was that he just looked like an articulated lorry or something. I guess historically he starts things slowly (like how he never scored in August before) so maybe he'll improve?? Definitely think Southgate will stick with him for better or for worse.

Watkins got cut out the squad btw, and if Calvert-Lewin hasn't got so much of a sniff yet I think we're going down the Kane track!

I'm really not sure, I was lucky enough to be at Wembley for the Scotland game (some might dispute the luck there but I enjoyed it!) and he just looked so unbelievably leggy.

I did think sometimes players were too far away from him, Grealish maybe got a bit closer last night but he was getting it into feet against Scotland and Foden and Sterling were both 30 yards away either side. So taking a touch and popping it off was impossible and he just got swarmed.

But the whole thing for me was that he just looked like an articulated lorry or something. I guess historically he starts things slowly (like how he never scored in August before) so maybe he'll improve?? Definitely think Southgate will stick with him for better or for worse.

Watkins got cut out the squad btw, and if Calvert-Lewin hasn't got so much of a sniff yet I think we're going down the Kane track!
He's scored in the opening game of the 19/20 season twice, he scored 6 in the first 4 games of the 2018 World Cup.
I don't rate Watkins or DCL, I've picked Patrick Bamford

Last edited:
Kane even after injury looked good in a poor Tottenham side, granted he did have Bale and Son around him.
Is it Southgate's ultra cautious approach that's making him look bad?
He has 221 for Tottenham and 34 in 55 games for England prior to the tournament.
Jimmy Greaves was dropped and hardly ever played England again at the peak of his powers when England won the World Cup in 1966, could the same thing happen to Harry?
Ollie Watkins plays for a club side who wear claret and blue...

Greaves was injured wasn't he in '66 not dropped?

He's scored in the opening game of the 19/20 season twice, he scored 6 in the first 4 games of the 2018 World Cup.
I don't rate Watkins or DCL, I've picked Patrick Bamford

Not going to play Panama and Tunisia in the euros though, and although he did score in the opening game of 19/20 he has that record going back a whole bunch of seasons

According to some he's better than Harry Kane, end of 🙄

Well obviously he isn't, but something isn't right with Kane at the moment. He looks very lethargic. I know he isn't the fastest, but at time it was like he was running through custard last night!

DCL is a useful Plan B if we need to start launching balls in the box.

And he has a bit more pace to go over the top. Hopefully Kane comes good but I think DCL can be disappointed not to have even got 20 minutes and seen rashford come on as an out and out striker last Friday too.

He was initially injured in the group stage.

Greaves did get injured in the final group match in 1966, but there's some speculation that he might have been dropped for the quarter final anyway. Once Hurst scored in that quarter final game he wasn't going to be left out after that - and Roger Hunt certainly wasn't after three goals in two games.