Saving Money & Tips | Page 4 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

No, must admit, you've converted me. Things like their sanex (£2.5) copy which is 89p is just as good. You cannot sniff at those sorts of savings. The store isn't as scruffy as it was years back when I walked in and walked back out either!

Amazing what a little googling can do. Was time to change my pillow, wanted the same one, last time it was off groupon, didn't think they'd still have an offer though. But google came to the rescue

Silentnight Luxury Collection Pocket Sprung Pillow | Robert

4.218 user reviews
Sponsored

Shop now

£14.99·Groupon UK · By Google
£23.00·Amazon.co.uk · By Google
£21.99·sleepypeople · By Google
£25.00·Mattress Online · By RedBrain
£21.99·eBay.co.uk · By McDiscount.co.uk

Ended up with two for £27.98 including postage, so basically not far off 2 for the price of one from the other places.

One money saving tip for those that get greasy hands and use Swarfega to clean up. Try a washing up liquid instead, just a cheap own brand one, it does just as good a job for one third the price of the cheapest Swarfega original. (£2.98.)
It's good for cleaning out grease blocked sinks too.

Another one is to buy such purchases as washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, comfort/lenor off eBay. It will save you a fortunate especially with the fairy liquid.#

It hasn't been watered down as it is professional/catering size, or if it has its not been anywhere near as much as what you buy in the shops.

I have been buying it like that for those three products for the last few years and it saves me a fortune.

Washing powder and toilet rolls don't save anything though as I have priced them up too. I do now buy Morrisons own toilet rolls. A pack of 9/18 is a good few pound cheaper than Andrex. The loo rolls last longer too, I have found

About the Morrisons own brand loo rolls lasting longer KK, I assume its because they are so rough, that your delicate botty can't stand the thought of their touch and so rebels.

Recommend 3 ply Loo rolls from Farmfoods , great quality and value
Lidl and Aldi are both great, tend to shop at both now and cherry pick what I like from both.
Pre xmas Tesco were doing amazing deals on veg 29p a bag - spuds, parsnips, sprouts, cauliflower, carrots

About the Morrisons own brand loo rolls lasting longer KK, I assume its because they are so rough, that your delicate botty can't stand the thought of their touch and so rebels.

Not at all 58! I don't think I will say anymore as it maybe deemed members only posting :eek!:

The Martin Lewis programme from this week was good, it was on insurance.

Said the best time to renew is 21 days before your renewal date, before that the prices are higher and those who leave it to the last minute will see the prices skyrocket because insurers have the correlation between later renewals and higher claims.

Also said try several comparison sites, do Direct Line and Aviva (as they don't go on comparison sites) and check through topcashback (or quidco?) as some get really low deals once the cashback is put in place (to the stage - rarely - where insurance has cost people nothing due to the offers and cashback)

All well worth watching.

Gas & Electric. Been with my current provider 18 months. Time to shop about.
Who does everyone currently use ?
Ditto water actually , I've never changed from Severn Trent

We joined Martin Lewis's energy club , Silhill. They sort out the best deal and do all the change stuff for you.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
Thanks SirDenn will look into that .
Ive taken my eye off the ball electric and gas wise, and water wise god knows what I've been thinking as have never reviewed that. And I'm tight as a ducks arse when it comes to looking for a bargain . Disappointed in myself .

Thanks SirDenn will look into that .
Ive taken my eye off the ball electric and gas wise, and water wise god knows what I've been thinking as have never reviewed that. And I'm tight as a ducks arse when it comes to looking for a bargain . Disappointed in myself .

Try giving Northumbria water a bell tomorrow morning, give me an update as the bastards wouldn’t quote me on my house for some reason

If you compare with electricity/gas, make sure you read the reviews as well. A few of the smaller ones have been atrocious and some have gone bust.