Saving Money & Tips | Page 2 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Got a renewal come through from Barclays for my house and contents insurance. Thought it was a bit steep and did a search online. Saved £350. I should check these more often. :wack:

Yes, never auto-renew is the mantra. Insurance companies are thieving bastards and the way they rely on people auto-renewing, while offering huge discounts to new customers, really is a disgrace. Fair play to you Cheshire, that's a decent saving.

Anyone use any cash back sites like top cashback? My old boss who’s one of those savvy types uses a cashback type site (not sure which). Are they any good?

Everyone should Cheshire.

Martin Lewis site has a great energy club as well, you register who you are with for power, they let you know when you can get a better deal and how much you'll save.

Anyone use any cash back sites like top cashback? My old boss who’s one of those savvy types uses a cashback type site (not sure which). Are they any good?

Think I've linked to it in this thread haven't I? Or somewhere this week anyway. Yes, you get money for shopping where you'd shop anyway.

Earned hundreds on there.

If you join, use this link mate (please)

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/jonathanfear

Cashback sites are brilliant. Anyone who doesn't use them is stupid it really is as simple as that.

IF you are already buying stuff online, then its just 3 extra clicks and you get some money back.

You can still do all your normal searches first to find where the product is cheapest, and then just go to the retailer via top cashback.

You can usually also use all your normal discount and promo codes on top.

I've had over a grand back in 3 years by using topcashback every time I buy stuff but also every time I switch utilities, insurance etc...

On the phone to Three trying to get PAC codes.

It's upgrade time, so promised the girls shiny (newish) iPhones for xmas. Figured I'd stretch to a 7+ or an 8.

Three want over £40 per month for either and only get 4GB-8GB of data.

Carphone Warehouse have a deal on the XR (newest model) for just £36 per month with 100GB data on Vodafone.

Amazing. Same deal with Three is over £65 per month.

And the added bonus..... if I go through Topcashback I get £50 cashback per phone!

Love me a bit of Topcashback...

As explained this was something I was doing anyway, so by simply clicking to Carphone Warehouse via the link on Topcashback I get £100 back.

You'd be an idiot not to sign up. Especially around xmas when we're all buying stuff online.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/deanovilla

On the phone to Three trying to get PAC codes.

It's upgrade time, so promised the girls shiny (newish) iPhones for xmas. Figured I'd stretch to a 7+ or an 8.

Three want over £40 per month for either and only get 4GB-8GB of data.

Carphone Warehouse have a deal on the XR (newest model) for just £36 per month with 100GB data on Vodafone.

Amazing. Same deal with Three is over £65 per month.

And the added bonus..... if I go through Topcashback I get £50 cashback per phone!

Love me a bit of Topcashback...

As explained this was something I was doing anyway, so by simply clicking to Carphone Warehouse via the link on Topcashback I get £100 back.

You'd be an idiot not to sign up. Especially around xmas when we're all buying stuff online.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/deanovilla

cheers Deano, I'm looking for an upgrade at the moment and 3 never offer me anything great

To be fair to Three when I got through to their retentions team they did offer me the same phone with no upfront cost for £45 per month, so a decent deal... but still nowhere near the CW one, especially when you take the cashback into account.

That's a bit of a stunner of a deal... as you say, then you get cashback on top, it's a no brainer isn't it? Especially as they point out the best deals.

I recommend the NatWest reward account, it doesn’t pay interest and has a small fee (£2 I think per month) but I’ve earned £120 in rewards in a year through direct debits I would’ve paid anyway. Hardly a ground breaking post, sort of thing you read all day long on Martin lewis but those pennies add up especially when I bank them at Xmas.

I have a similar one, Santander, £5 a month, get paid good cashback on (as you say) direct debits I'd be paying for anyway, plus decent interest as well

Made nearly £2000 out of it (money for nothing) since moving to it (good few years now I guess, 5 or so)

Yeah had the Santander one for a few years, made about £1500 in cashback. Interest decent, used to be better but still more than most.

If anyone spots any good wine deals over Xmas post it in here.

There's always one supermarket who does some super mental deal. i remember one year Morrisons did something that meant you could get Chateau Neuf Du Pape for around £6 a bottle.

Thought Deano's post from another thread on Aldi would be good in here.

I went to see what the fuss was about the other day and today, being the brave sort, I went and did a shop.

Going to do a few comparisons but I reckon my £26 shop would have been around £40 in Sainsbury. Will be testing the products over the next few days, the fruit tea, bleach, vinegar (!) and kitchen spray all appear exactly the same quality as the more expensive shops stuff so far.

Steak is excellent.

Lamb mince and steaks are excellent.

Salmon fillets are excellent.

Fruit is just fine. Never had any issues.

Same with the veg, except they did go through a phase of bad pototoes but I think that was down to the weather an other supermarkets were suffering the same.

Their Butterfly chickens are good.

Milk... well milk is milk only theirs is half the price.

Wine. VERY good and cheap.

Crisps, biscuits, snacks etc..... all very good imitations of branded products and all very cheap.

Things to avoid......

Their dishwasher tablets are shit.

Their chicken breasts are very hit and miss.... more miss.

Actually can't think of anything else I've ever been disappointed with from there.

The only thing the 'big' supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsburys etc.) have over Aldi is the range of stuff available - there are some things you just can't get in Aldi.

But the quality is outstanding and the price differences are huge. Well worth the effort imho.

Mind you, I am quite lazy and still prefer Tesco delivery because I can't face the trip up the Birmingham Road (Stratford's biggest car park with more sets of traffic lights than you have ever seen) and also the fact I can't scan and shop in Aldi.

I have to actually interact with the cashiers and it is a battle of speed, skill and will to win to get the shopping through without it flying off the end of till. Sometimes, I am just not up for the battle.