Saving Money & Tips | Page 5 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Cheers Dan, will take a look, I've been with a smaller firm since I last "compared the market" , been fine . Simples .

I changed to 'So energy' about 6 months ago.

Apparently all electricity is from renewables, which was a big selling point for me. They are cheaper than the rate I was on with BG but they do keep emailing me asking me to read the meter myself.

Did a moneysupermarket and comparethemarket. The latter were cheaper.

Then did aviva direct (they aren't on comparison sites) and got 20% doing car and house insurance. Just saved myself nearly £200 a year

Aviva have a multi product discount sirdennis. 20%. Made a massive difference to the prices I was getting quoted. Really pleased with the saving.

I switched to Bristol Energy back in March. Now I do have solar panel so that does make a difference but my joint bill for gas and electricity for the first quarter with them including standing charge and VAT was just £136.34. Was very happy with that.

Ah glad to see this thread bumped. Reminds me I need to check my house insurance contents cost as it's due for renewal at the end of August. So easy with automatic renewal to forget

So easy with automatic renewal to forget

Don't get me started on auto-renewal - it boils my piss more than anything else I can think of.

The number of times I've cancelled policies because the renewal quotes were horrendous compared with the offers to attract newbies. Total disgrace, should be outlawed.

Fuck the lot of them.

Sorry for the industrial language KK, just gets me so angry.

Tesco have a half price toy sale. Best to get in early, finishes early Nov I think.

Some awesome presents bought for Xmas!