Saving Money & Tips | Page 3 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Been impressed with the quality so far, mixed leaves, plum tomatoes, cranberry sauce, all as good as or better than what I usually get. This is cool.

Puts me in a bit of a dilemma though, because it would mean Deano was right.

:help:

We all need help, so I can't help there.

Definitely changes perceptions once you've tried them - well it did mine anyway.

Been impressed with the quality so far, mixed leaves, plum tomatoes, cranberry sauce, all as good as or better than what I usually get. This is cool.

Puts me in a bit of a dilemma though, because it would mean Deano was right.

:help:

You like cranberry sauce and you don't like cheese??!

WTF?

Still no decent wine deals. Whats going on? How will I get drunk on the cheap this year? Strongbow?

At our local Morrisons (not sure if it's nationwide though) they are doing 3 wines for £18 - the wines in the offer are all at least £7.50 upto about £11.

For instance, I got 3 bottles of Campo Viejo Reserva Rioja for £18 - normal price is £10.50. You won't get Reserva Rioja in many places for £6 a pop.

Not exactly the deal of the century, but a pretty tidy saving. Others include Mud House NZ Sauvignon Blanc as part of the deal (down from £9.50 a bottle, so still save 1/3).

Not been to the morrisons near us for years. Should go and look, Rev Pete says they are a good amount cheaper than Sainsbury.

Not been to the morrisons near us for years. Should go and look, Rev Pete says they are a good amount cheaper than Sainsbury.

Well the Stratford had a major overhaul/facelift a while back and previously, I refused to set foot in the place - it was a nightmare.

But now, it's much more user-friendly, and they have some very decent wines, often with quite generous offers. The main issue I have is their lack of choice compared with our local Tesco, for instance.

But price wise, they are very competitive, not in the Aldi/Lidl ballpark, but certainly better than Tesco and Sainsbury's.

I think it might be time for a shopping/supermarket thread!!

Got to admit I'm always surprised how high the bill is when I go to Morrisons. I'm led to believe they aim themselves at the low end but I'm pretty sure Tesco is actually cheaper.

Got to admit I'm always surprised how high the bill is when I go to Morrisons. I'm led to believe they aim themselves at the low end but I'm pretty sure Tesco is actually cheaper.

Tesco have been on a volume led recovery recently so we’re driving some good promotional deals, I do think on every day base price Morrisons is probably a bit cheaper and the price crunches they do are usually a decent saving.

I fancy Morrison’s and Tesco to do well whilst the other two try and integrate, which I think will be very, very difficult.

Just done this Naked Wines deal through MoneySavingExpert (Martin Lewis)

3 bottles of red, 3 bottles of white, 1 bottle of Prosecco and 2 wine glasses for £35.

So basically £5 a bottle and 2 free glasses worth £20.

The bottles are all normally priced at over £9 and it says that Naked Wines wine is generally of better quality than supermarket plonk, so I think it's a decent deal.

You can cancel the membership thingy at any time, so you'll never get charged any additional fee's.

Naked Wines £35 for 7 bottles & 2 glasses*
Via code for new customers. Wine alone norm £80ish

1,200 avail

We've blagged a corking deal for those who love posh wine. New Naked Wines customers can get a case of six bottles of wine, a bottle of prosecco and two Riedel white wine glasses for £30 plus £4.99 delivery (normally £81.43 for the seven bottles of wine alone for non-members).

If you order via this Naked Wines* link, a pop-up box will appear on screen and the code MSE12 should automatically be added, along with the password ASP32XYN (if not, you can enter these yourself).
The case includes three white, three red and one prosecco (see 'more info' below for the full list). There are 1,800 cases available and the offer will end when all cases have been claimed, which has happened quickly in the past so don't hang about if it's something you want.

IMPORTANT: If you buy this case, you will be added to the waiting list to become a Naked Wines 'Angel', and once joined it'll deduct £20/month from your card, and put it into your Naked Wines account to use whenever you like. If you don't want to join you can leave the waiting list anytime. If you do become an Angel - Naked Wines says this usually takes 2-3 weeks - you can still cancel your membership and get your money back.

How good is this deal?
If you're only after cheap plonk, you might be better off buying from a supermarket – see our Cheap Wine Deals page. This deal is for people who want a higher quality wine, as Naked Wines – which funds independent winemakers – is generally highly regarded and the majority of its wines aren't available elsewhere. Individual bottles range from £9-£70 for non-members.

You can get a decent discount with this offer though, as the bottles work out at £5ish each – if you don't include the wine glasses and factor in the cost of delivery. The two wine glasses are usually £18.50 (found at Amazon), so it's a good deal if you're after high-quality wine and you'll use the glasses.

Never really been a house drinker and I tend to stay away from people at Christmas, (bad time of year for memories).
New Year I always go visiting, so I have a couple of bottles of spirits, normally a bottle of Smirnoff and a bottle of Jack Daniels and a six pack of Tiger.
Morrisons do the £15 a litre bottle for the spirits but, haven't had any Tiger in store for ages.

One money saving tip for those that get greasy hands and use Swarfega to clean up. Try a washing up liquid instead, just a cheap own brand one, it does just as good a job for one third the price of the cheapest Swarfega original. (£2.98.)
It's good for cleaning out grease blocked sinks too.

Just tried Aldi baked beans at 30p and could not tell the difference between them and Heinz 75p. I've tried shops own brands before and really not liked them.

So impressed.

I still can't get over Aldi. Amazes me every time.

Went last night. Did a week's shopping for 5 people shop including luxuries like -

Smoked Salmon
Fresh Cod Fillets
8 AA batteries (Duracell)
4 C Type batteries
2 tubes of toothpaste (Colgate)
Fresh Mint
Fresh Corriander
Pommegranite
Kiwi's
Blueberries
Prunes
A dozen eggs

As well as all the usual essentials.

and it still came to less than £60. Unreal.