Saving Money & Tips | Page 19 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Yep. Never a question of me fixing . Knew i wasn't going to get anything else but needed to check. I knew it was going to go up alot but not by double i have to say .

Sky just gone up today and council tax last week.

Not a happy bunny tonight.

Surely the minimum these despicable out of touch cretins who lead the Tory party can do is scrap the 5% VAT on energy bills. It’s not a huge amount granted but every pound will count for some households.

Last edited:
Must have really impacted on the youngsters going door to door, trying to get you to change service providers. Now, fair enough, I don't like door to door sales BUT at least these youngsters are trying to do work!

And the price comparison sites must be being badly hit as well.

Ok, so here goes!

All about boxing clever when buying things these days isn't it?

Wanted a new tv.

Had a look, the one I really liked was £3500

Too much.

Had £200 off.

Still too much.

Oh and then Samsung were offering £500 cashback...

Looking more tempting.

Looked on top cashback and bought through the site, £380 cashback (for just going through them, to exactly the same place... samsung.com {curry's also had a deal through top cashback} ) Oh and when I can take that cash, I can transfer to a wallet on their site and get 5% extra if I convert to Sainsbury vouchers, or 2% to convert to Amazon vouchers. So more money.

Sold my tv on ebay, accepted a private offer for £750 (so only the listing fee, as I ended the listing)

So all good.

Then went onto the Samsung site to check when and how I claimed the £500 cashback and noticed they had reduced my new tv by another £500. Got in contact with them and they said they had a 7 day price guarantee. So applied and got that as well.

Then bought the tv on tesco credit card. I'll get points that I can convert to vouchers, those vouchers I can then treble for certain offers.

So basically, a Samsung TV worth £3500 originally, for around £1000

Just took a bit of time, thought and stacking up the deals.

Thursday will be the last day for many of us on cheaper tariffs for electricity and gas.

If you don't have a smart meter remember to take and submit meter readings on 31st so you don't pay the new tariff on March's bills!

Thursday will be the last day for many of us on cheaper tariffs for electricity and gas.

If you don't have a smart meter remember to take and submit meter readings on 31st so you don't pay the new tariff on March's bills!

Good advice mate.

Santander have upped the rate on their ISA. You can get 0.7 if you are not 1.-2-3 and 0.8 if you are. If you already have an ISA with them paying .01 you will need to log in and upgrade to get the 0.8.

Website keeps crashing can't submit readings

Anyone know if topcashback would have to honour this?

Tempted to buy a Grands worth and flog it on ebay.

1649095328430.jpg

Anyone know if topcashback would have to honour this?

Tempted to buy a Grands worth and flog it on ebay.

View attachment 56831

11. Voucher codes
11.1 Where a voucher code (also known as a discount code or coupon code) is advertised on our Site, we give no guarantee that it is valid and we shall not be held liable in any way whatsoever if a voucher code fails to apply a discount. Furthermore, you acknowledge that use of a voucher code from our Site and used in conjunction with a cashback offer may result in you failing to receive Cashback in accordance with the terms of the offer as stipulated on the Site from time to time.

22. We are not responsible for websites we link to
22.1 Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information and as service to you. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.

22.2 We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. By listing or linking to another site, we are not making any kind of endorsement and we accept no liability in respect of content. We do not guarantee that links will work all of the time and cannot control the availability of the linked pages.

So would be directly with Wharehouse, but I'm sure there would be get outs on that as well, incorrectly inputted etc

Not sure how they could blame warehouse though as its topcashback that have advertised it as 100% cashback.

The voucher code thing doesn't apply. Not using any voucher codes. Just normal cashback bring advertised as 100%.

From what I can gather, without putting too much brain power into it, they are basically an affiliate, sending you off to those sites, earning some revenue for sending the traffic to the shops and passing some on to us the consumers.

I think there is a defence, I forget how it is worded/called ( @mike_field ) where a mistake on the price is obvious.

Lurking somewhere in the dark recesses of my noggin.

Theyve fixed it now. Says 15%.

Ill get Nat to raise a case though. She screenshotted the 100% offer.

Clear and obvious error, they don't have to honour it. Not Warehouse's offer so they certainly don't have to honour it, and on the clear and obvious element cashback wouldn't legally have to honour either - this has already been through Court but the case reference escapes me.

Think of it as the difference as a shop undermarking a £1/2/3 product by 50p - a decent shop for PR would honour it and quickly correct the mistake. If it had been labelled as £0 no one in their right mind would honour it, and in fairness, no one in their right mind would expect them to because simply put 'you know' that price has to be wrong so there's no expectation of thoughtful consideration in the process - on either the buyer or sellers part - because it's so obviously wrong.

Ergo, it's not a legal transaction. The element of 'consideration' is what swings miss-selling/pressure selling etc deals in the favour of the buyer (and the reason for cooling off periods) whereas caveat emptor normally rules in most circumstances where you've done your homework but still got it wrong.

The energy increases are scary. Last week, I had a decent pay rise which equates to around £100 per month net of tax and NI.

Now E.on have today emailed me to say that my direct debit will increase from £95 per month to… wait for it…. £248!

I suspect a bit of underpayment currently as that doesn’t seem proportional but that is huge.

Anyone else had similar?