Saving Money & Tips | Page 20 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

The energy increases are scary. Last week, I had a decent pay rise which equates to around £100 per month net of tax and NI.

Now E.on have today emailed me to say that my direct debit will increase from £95 per month to… wait for it…. £248!

I suspect a bit of underpayment currently as that doesn’t seem proportional but that is huge.

Anyone else had similar?

Yeah, pretty much everyone is going to face that sort of hike.

Mine was £75 ish a month after I had new windows and got the insulation (that the builder had forgotten) now nearly double. Although yours does look above and beyond so what you say re underpayment has no doubt figured - mine was in credit.

Yeah, pretty much everyone is going to face that sort of hike.

Mine was £75 ish a month after I had new windows and got the insulation (that the builder had forgotten) now nearly double. Although yours does look above and beyond so what you say re underpayment has no doubt figured - mine was in credit.

I should’ve worked out what the increase in NI is actually, as that probably nets my wage increase back down to nil :LOL::surrender:

Never heat an empty house — so turn off the heat half an hour before you are due to go out.
Don’t light rooms unless you are in them.
Don’t be wandering around your house in shorts and t-shirts in the dead of winter - stick on an extra jumper.
Wash your clothes at 30 degrees most of the time instead of the default.
Don’t leave anything electrical on standby.
Spend just a minute less in the shower every morning.

Not money saving as such but a shock.

Went to get more dog food yesterday. We buy a probably mid range product. 15kg bag gone from £44 quid to £59 in one hit. I didn't even look at the price just took it to the till as she has had it since a pup and the one time we changed food it disagreed with her big time . I actually said 'shittin hell' out loud when the cashier said the price much to the amusement of the lady behind me. Shop just passing on the brands price increase. Ouch.

If you like to feed birds or have a bird feeder like me just buy sunflower hearts and kernels. The usual "wild bird mix" is full of filler they don't even eat and usually will just attract rodents. I have a two-port entry feeder because the lads here fly thru the food (pun not intended) so I have to slow them down.

We also have an indoor cat and following the litter instruction to the tee usually makes it last longer. Additionally, dont just give your cat dry food eventually they'll get a tract infection and it'll cost a fortune. I also learned from my vet nobody should feel pressure to give the cat or dogs "premium food". You just need to make sure its good food and then its okay, the ultra-expensive stuff adds every little to their diet.

For what i buy now - i actually find Sainsburys cheaper than Asda for many items.

They have a great range now of economy products. For example their milk chocolate digestives are 55p compared to Asda 85p.

Sainsburys own brand milk chocolate is also very very nice.

They have a new range of cheaper products. you can get 8 sausage rolls (good size) for 95p.

Fruit and veg is now the same price or less than Asda apart from the tomatoes that seem to be more.

For what i buy now - i actually find Sainsburys cheaper than Asda for many items.

They have a great range now of economy products. For example their milk chocolate digestives are 55p compared to Asda 85p.

Sainsburys own brand milk chocolate is also very very nice.

They have a new range of cheaper products. you can get 8 sausage rolls (good size) for 95p.

Fruit and veg is now the same price or less than Asda apart from the tomatoes that seem to be more.

Strangely cheaper for a lot of things than Aldi at the moment. Their chairman has obviously got the message as to how much people are struggling.

When we had the new boiler installed the guys who did it fitted a device that takes all the crap out of the water. I'm pretty sure it's magnetic.

Yes, and sometimes they flush them with a doo dah as well.

This is cleaning the middle bits with a hair dryer - not something I have to be fair!

With all due respect to our American friends, don't visit the USA at the moment. Both the pound and the euro are through the floor and, apart from "gas", prices of everyday grocery items are eye-wateringly expensive.
But, if you end up in Edgmont in Utah, Day's supermarket does sell off its very tasty doughnuts at two for a dollar after 7pm.

With all due respect to our American friends, don't visit the USA at the moment. Both the pound and the euro are through the floor and, apart from "gas", prices of everyday grocery items are eye-wateringly expensive.
But, if you end up in Edgmont in Utah, Day's supermarket does sell off its very tasty doughnuts at two for a dollar after 7pm.

You had me at donuts mate!

I've just cancelled our holiday to the USA for next year due to the value of the pound vs the dollar.

Reactions: BBJ