Saving Money & Tips | Page 17 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Yes but I was prepared to just have Now TV ( which is owned by sky) but the deal that sky offered was just to good to turn down.
yeah, they say sometimes they call your bluff and let you leave as well, but I've always found them very keen to keep me when I have bartered. I wouldn't leave because I do spend a lot of time needing to sit down watching tv (which is a shame but there you go!) ...

The Fear

Mixed bag this then!

People renewing their home or motor insurance will pay no more than they would as a new customer from January.

The new rules have been confirmed by the City regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), following years of complaints.

But it admitted it could spell the end of the cheapest deals for new customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57270415

Melon Donkey

Vital Football Legend
Yes. Just read that.
Overall a good thing. And about time.
Highly irritating that any insurance you have goes up and you haven't claimed, there is no more risk etc. But as the article says the cheap 1st year deals will go. However over time we will save is the main point i think.

The Fear

Yes. Just read that.
Overall a good thing. And about time.
Highly irritating that any insurance you have goes up and you haven't claimed, there is no more risk etc. But as the article says the cheap 1st year deals will go. However over time we will save is the main point i think.
Can never understand why your car insurance goes up (when you stick with the same provider) it should go down, as the value of the car does every year!

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Just as an observation for those of you involved in the weekly supermarket shopping have you noticed how much its gone up since the B word,?

wittonite

I speak from a point of total ignorance
I have to laugh at the comments section where some people who are obviously from the posh parts of Cheshire call Aldi customers vermin. They just sum up why I hate the people from that neck of the woods.
Im not well off, and I am not skint, but I love going into Waitrose in my scruffy shorts tee shirt and old boat shoes looking like noboby owns me, and seeing the disapproving looks from the tossers who inhabit Waitrose.