Saving Money & Tips | Page 18 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Just switched my car insurance and saved £58. Gone with the Co op. £256 fully comp with everything on the policy. Cheapest I have paid for years. Six weeks ago I switched my building and contents and that saved me £42. So £100 saved just by checking whats out there.

Forget the phrase I put into search, it was via a suggestion from the martin lewis show or email, on amazon (or smile as I do that way and donate % to charity)

But I bought a £60 giftcard and got a free £6. I then topped it up by £50 and got another £6 free.

Free money, if you use Amazon, sounds good to me!

Bit of a monster site isn't it? I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult to have more filters, far too much to wade through for me.
Thought the same. Need to break it down to what I might be interested.
I have ordered the stuff I was interested in. 10 Bottles of Italian dry wine, a few Italian food bits and a dozen plates(which I can hopefully sell on ebay.)

Simple ways to cut your energy bills:

Britain’s third-biggest energy supplier has apologised and said it was “embarrassed” after it advised customers to keep their heatings bills low by “having a cuddle with your pets”, eating “hearty bowls of porridge” and “doing a few star jumps”.

MPs called the guidance issued by a division of Ovo Energy on Monday “insulting” and “offensive”, as millions of UK households are facing a “cost of living catastrophe” in the spring, including a rise in energy bills to as much as £2,000 a year on 1 April for an average household on a direct debit tariff.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/jan/10/do-star-jumps-uk-energy-supplier-sse-criticised-over-keep-warm-advice

Simple ways to cut your energy bills:

Britain’s third-biggest energy supplier has apologised and said it was “embarrassed” after it advised customers to keep their heatings bills low by “having a cuddle with your pets”, eating “hearty bowls of porridge” and “doing a few star jumps”.

MPs called the guidance issued by a division of Ovo Energy on Monday “insulting” and “offensive”, as millions of UK households are facing a “cost of living catastrophe” in the spring, including a rise in energy bills to as much as £2,000 a year on 1 April for an average household on a direct debit tariff.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2022/jan/10/do-star-jumps-uk-energy-supplier-sse-criticised-over-keep-warm-advice

Surprised they didnt put buy a hot water bottle on the list

Just upgraded my broadband.

I was paying £40 to BT for 150mbps and £21 to Sky for basic SkyQ TV.

I've switched broadband to Sky, getting the same speeds as BT for £51 so a £10 saving plus they've thrown in free Netflix for 18 months.

😁

Just upgraded my broadband.

I was paying £40 to BT for 150mbps and £21 to Sky for basic SkyQ TV.

I've switched broadband to Sky, getting the same speeds as BT for £51 so a £10 saving plus they've thrown in free Netflix for 18 months.

😁
Did a home move thing with Sky a few weeks ago.

They managed to save me £6 on my existing package AND added in Netflix at no extra cost, saving me the £16.99 per month I was paying to Netflix.

Happy with that.

Not sure which thread this fits, so gone with this one!

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/russian-gas-imports-energy-demand-b2036995.html?

Rapid moves to cut energy demand could save households an average of £150 on bills and reduce Russian imports by 80 per cent this year, a report has said.

The report by climate think tank E3G urges the Government to cut VAT on insulation, launch a major public awareness campaign on saving energy, and make changes to stamp duty to boost energy efficiency work on homes.

Tbe exact opposite of the title.

Ouch.

Dual dual energy deal ends in May. Had the renewal today from British gas.

Currently £1200 fixed. Offered me fixed for £3,400 or variable for £2,300 .

Been all over the comparison sites, MSE etc. Nothing. I'm screwed . Only thing I haven't done is ring British Gas yet. I hold zero hope.

Tbe exact opposite of the title.

Ouch.

Dual dual energy deal ends in May. Had the renewal today from British gas.

Currently £1200 fixed. Offered me fixed for £3,400 or variable for £2,300 .

Been all over the comparison sites, MSE etc. Nothing. I'm screwed . Only thing I haven't done is ring British Gas yet. I hold zero hope.

Yup . I am in the same boat. More increases in October as well.

Unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do. The price cap is the lowest anyone can get, even when it sky rockets in April.

Going off what Lewis has said recently there's no point right now fixing for a far higher fee given the cap in place as the only real gain would come depending on what happens in October's hike and then a year April.