Rolling Specubollox Thread | Page 89 | Vital Football

Rolling Specubollox Thread

Still slightly too excitable for me - sees the open flank and wants to revel in it. Think Sane/Mendy combo still requires tweaking. But a good player nonetheless.

Guardiola....

"We protect him, before we arrive in this period - it was the same with Jadon and Phil. But he has to decide and it's no more than that," added the Spaniard.

"It's what it is, the market is the market. They cannot say we didn't do absolutely everything to take care of them, him and his families - like a human being, like a person, like a football player.

"It's incredible how the academy works with these guys - taking care of them, teaching them what they need to be a high standard for a long time, but at the end they decide."

Not about us being petty but if his head is already full of big nights at the Bernabau playing in their equivalent of the Carabao Cup...?

Then if Diaz is selected to play, he would want to impress his future bosses. The lad is just exercising his right to choose and it would be petty not to include him in the squad if he merited the selection.

Then if Diaz is selected to play, he would want to impress his future bosses. The lad is just exercising his right to choose and it would be petty not to include him in the squad if he merited the selection.

I'm sure Pep will be able to judge where his head is at but in the same way that you don't keep an unhappy player I'm not sure playing one is that good an idea either. I can't imagine he'll get too many opportunities although I wouldn't be surprised to see him running out at Watford on Tuesday - unless Mahrez needs to stretch his legs before the Xmas rush.

The fact remains that Pep picked Sterling as right mid in the midweek match. Foden and Diaz were not selected to start. Pep has to win matches and picks accordingly, if they both stay their time will come.

It begs the question - is Diaz actually any good? Has anyone seen him play for longer than a five minute cameo (other than the two League Cup goals?) Maybe he isn't that great but Real have seen what has happened with Sancho and fancy the opportunity to put one over on us - it's win win for them, doesn't cost anything/much and if he's pants then everyone will have forgotten who he is anyway.

It begs the question - is Diaz actually any good? Has anyone seen him play for longer than a five minute cameo (other than the two League Cup goals?)

It is a good question, I have seen Diaz numerous times when playing for the EDS/Academy, where he is obviously a player with talent that stands out, quick feet can beat players with ease, but that is it. His main problem is not being a team player in the Pep mode. This game is not a team of individuals, but Individuals playing as a team. Diaz was asked to go out on Loan to Girona, he refused but he is simply not good enough to get into the starting side and a loan spell would have been a greater benefit to his game where he was guaranteed playing time and i think his main aim was to leave the Club, surprisingly he will sign for Real Madrid where he again will not get a start but go out on loan. Diaz has some great talent I just hope he does not waste it by not listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a few that have thought they were a whole lot better than they actually were.
Ireland, Sinclair and whatshisname that went toSunderland but is now having a bit of a holiday.