RL CUP FINAL | Page 2 | Vital Football

RL CUP FINAL

Doesn't mean to say they couldn't have if they wanted to.
Well you say they could …….I can only go from what I know Being involved with the Wigan Sunday league set up be it a good few years ago. They were drawn out of a hat. For the teams that. Attending every league meetings. And the people who got the tickets had to make sure that the stubs were returned. To make sure the had not been sold on. So if you had a raffle. They could finish up with any one. Unless the rules have changed that’s how it worked 100%

Well you say they could …….I can only go from what I know Being involved with the Wigan Sunday league set up be it a good few years ago. They were drawn out of a hat. For the teams that. Attending every league meetings. And the people who got the tickets had to make sure that the stubs were returned. To make sure the had not been sold on. So if you had a raffle. They could finish up with any one. Unless the rules have changed that’s how it worked 100%
If you had a raffle, you could use exactly the same stub return process.

Sport is on its arse and it’s administrators out of touch. I understand Wembley, but why the hell make thousands travel down south to play at spurs ground when there are plenty others in between. No wonder they’re having to give tickets away for nowt. Still anything that hastens it’s demise I’m all for.

Not from the Premier league, football league or FA you didn't you also didn't get them from WAFC,

Never said I did get them from there - it was through Tickets for Troops - same organisation that have been distributing tickets for the Challenge Cup Final.

Nothing to see. Fake news. But of course that doesnt suit your agenda does it?

Don't let truth or facts ever get in the way of unresearched opinion.

Shame you dont live by your words....

I'm immensely looking forward to seeing Spurs stadium. We are behind the goal high up in that huge terrace where the Spurs fans go. Apparently Leigh are there as well in the other final.

Sport is on its arse and it’s administrators out of touch. I understand Wembley, but why the hell make thousands travel down south to play at spurs ground when there are plenty others in between. No wonder they’re having to give tickets away for nowt. Still anything that hastens it’s demise I’m all for.

To be honest when I heard they were dishing them out for free, I thought it was an opportunity to get a couple so I could go and have a look at the new Spurs Stadium, which I assume was the rugby leagues rationale to get extra bums on seats, seems that their plans are wavering and as you say the "sport is on it's arse".

Never said I did get them from there - it was through Tickets for Troops - same organisation that have been distributing tickets for the Challenge Cup Final.

So why didn't you point that out in the first pace, could it be because as bicky says, you are only here to cause shit and have no affinity whatsoever with WAFC.

Are you ex forces given those tickets legitimately.

So why didn't you point that out in the first pace, could it be because as bicky says, you are only here to cause shit and have no affinity whatsoever with WAFC.

Are you ex forces given those tickets legitimately.

The football tickets were given to me as a serving member of HM Forces at that time.

And Bicky is way off the mark - I just dont hate Wigan Warriors the way he does, and find it very sad that anyone can carry so much hate and bitterness for nigh on 40 years. In that time Germany has re-unified, most of the old soviet empire has embraced democracy and joined the EU and NATO, the IRA have stopped bombing innocent families, many arab states have given women greater rights and the chinese now trade with the rest of the world - yet he continues to bear a grudge over a comment made by an official of a local club playing a sport that is not well known in an awful lot of the world. In my ex-military world, the reply to his behaviour would be

"DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS"

Sorry if that makes me an outcast on here.

The football tickets were given to me as a serving member of HM Forces at that time.

And Bicky is way off the mark - I just dont hate Wigan Warriors the way he does, and find it very sad that anyone can carry so much hate and bitterness for nigh on 40 years. In that time Germany has re-unified, most of the old soviet empire has embraced democracy and joined the EU and NATO, the IRA have stopped bombing innocent families, many arab states have given women greater rights and the chinese now trade with the rest of the world - yet he continues to bear a grudge over a comment made by an official of a local club playing a sport that is not well known in an awful lot of the world. In my ex-military world, the reply to his behaviour would be

"DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS"

Whatever, but bicky is correct and is not "way off the mark" - you don't even get the reasons for the intense dislike of egg chasers, what one gobshite said 40 years ago is a very small part of the reason for the hatred, latics and it's supporters were treated as second class citizens in this town, laughed and scoffed at by their ignorant tosser fans, treated with contempt by local media and ignored and hindered by a local authority full of the lowlife bitter fans.
Is it any wonder many of us old enough to remember carry the torch in continuing to detest them if you want to talk about conciliation take your shit to a thugs forum and argue about the anti latics posts there.
The hatred is not one-sided it is alive and well with them, including the newly acquired loathing and jealousy because the tables have turned in this town in the knowledge that they and their pathetic dying sport is now second to Wigan Athletic and has been for a number of years.

Irrespective of what you claim to be one thing is for sure you are no Wigan Athletic fan and never have been, you have not posted one thing of relevance on latics football debates, you have appeared only to defend the eggs and sunderland arguing at any criticism of either, leading me to join bickymon in believing you are that mutty prick off another site or a moronic clone, so as I said to you before, do one.

Edit
Ps I did a couple of minutes digging over on cockney latic as something popped into my head about a debate a few years ago, low and behold it's still there, I now withdraw what I said about you maybe being mutty or a clone, there is now irrefutable evidence that you are one and the same person, which I will post a little later when I get home to my laptop.
Didn't you say bicky was talking nonsense when he made the accusation at first, didn't you go into a long winded explanation proclaiming your innocence against his charge, what have you to say now.

Last edited:

Mutty, I think you may find from what I have posted in my previous reply to you that (researching) is exactly what I do and "live by"

What you are saying is correct, I was also involved with the Sunday League many years ago and won two tickets to the City v Spurs final in 1981, unfortunately the tickets were in amongst the Spurs fans.

Didn't bother with the replay.
Thanks for that. The meetings were in platt bridge. And the secretary lived around the corner. For got his name now as it was around the same time

"DRY YOUR EYES PRINCESS"

40 years? Pollards skulduggery is very recent.

Thanks for that. The meetings were in platt bridge. And the secretary lived around the corner. For got his name now as it was around the same time

The meetings were held upstairs in the Victoria Pub next to the railway bridge, sadly a dilapidated wreck nowadays, and I think the secretary lived on or near Wright Street. I forget his name but we used to telephone the results in to him after the games.

At the time that I was club secretary Tommy Smith was at the meetings as secretary of The Smithy in Billinge and also on the management committee was Graham Gorner who was a Director at the Tic's.

The meetings were held upstairs in the Victoria Pub next to the railway bridge, sadly a dilapidated wreck nowadays, and I think the secretary lived on or near Wright Street. I forget his name but we used to telephone the results in to him after the games.

At the time that I was club secretary Tommy Smith was at the meetings as secretary of The Smithy in Billinge and also on the management committee was Graham Gorner who was a Director at the Tic's.
Same time as me.

The tickets that leagues & County FA's get for the cup final aren't free although I can't say whether they were or weren't in the past
As a ref at the time, I tried to go through the Liverpool FA to get tickets for the 2013 cup final & I could have had them but they were face value
This year, as an entrant to the FA Cup my club could get 2 tickets for the FA Cup final but again that had to be bought at face value

The tickets that leagues & County FA's get for the cup final aren't free although I can't say whether they were or weren't in the past
As a ref at the time, I tried to go through the Liverpool FA to get tickets for the 2013 cup final & I could have had them but they were face value
This year, as an entrant to the FA Cup my club could get 2 tickets for the FA Cup final but again that had to be bought at face value
Correct