RL CUP FINAL | Page 4 | Vital Football

RL CUP FINAL

After what we have gone through over the last 2 years I cannot understand anybody applauding the possible demise of any other club nevermind an entire sport.

I stupidly thought this thread might be about wishing best wishes to a Wigan club who is in a major final which could promote the town and also our club.
NO Chance

Given it’s not Wembley and Spurs ground magnificent though it may be …is a pain in the rear to get there …Looks to be decent crowd on to be fair.

I’m not greatly bothered but would prefer them to win as I have a few good friends who have made the trip none of whom have ever been a tit regarding the Latics (unlike some others!)

After what we have gone through over the last 2 years I cannot understand anybody applauding the possible demise of any other club nevermind an entire sport.

I stupidly thought this thread might be about wishing best wishes to a Wigan club who is in a major final which could promote the town and also our club.
Yes, it was a stupid thought.

Congratulations to Warriors, not the best of games but they didn't give up so fair play to them.

HindleyM...hope u enjoyed the game n don't get toooo pissed 🤔😉🍻

superb stadium, and fab result…….always a Tics & Warrior till my pulse stops. Enjoy being a Wiganer & promote our sports , or do a fkn crossword for pleasure
No one cares, your sport will be dead by 2030. Council scroungers.

Right, FFS its a long boozy day when you go on a coach. 7am set off and it was almost midnight when I wafted in the house looking like an extra out of Night of the Living Dead.

I'll not bother with the match as quite frankly, it weren't upto much instead ill concentrate on the star of the show, the stadium itself. Honestly it was a thing of beauty with massive concourses jammed with every outlet imaginable to get your hard earned. It makes Wembley look 2nd class.
Only down side is that we were about 4 rows from the back of the huge terrace behind the goal and coming back from a piss was like an attempt on the North face of the Eiger....I kid you not, I'm fit but even i was blowing on return.
The area surrounding the ground was better than I expected with pubs and that but for an inner city weren't too bad.

Lastly, can I address that thread that was started by a rugby fan saying he was apprehensive about coming to Latics games in case somebody overhead he was a Warrior. Its all garbage. From the off nobody all day could be in any doubt I was a Tuc, from clothing to my tatoos on arm and leg. I received not 1 ( zero ) negative comment from any rugby lad or lass all day long....on the contrary at least 10 people said " Up the Tics" and gave me a hug. It was great so can we finally put to bed this they hate our guts bullshit as it it just isn't true.

Now you'll have to excuse me as I'm goingt have another hour in bed as i feel as rough as a bears fucking arse.

Lastly, can I address that thread that was started by a rugby fan saying he was apprehensive about coming to Latics games in case somebody overhead he was a Warrior. Its all garbage. From the off nobody all day could be in any doubt I was a Tuc, from clothing to my tatoos on arm and leg. I received not 1 ( zero ) negative comment from any rugby lad or lass all day long....on the contrary at least 10 people said " Up the Tics" and gave me a hug. It was great so can we finally put to bed this they hate our guts bullshit as it it just isn't true.

I'll echo that Hindleymon - a longstanding tic friend of mine (who is married to a rugby-loving lass) brought his well-travelled Latics flag that is years old, and nobody gave him grief, nobody tried to pull it down, nobody gave him dirty looks etc.

2 things I forgot mention....how cool are those plastic pints that fill up from the bottom in about 3 seconds. Girl being counter pissing her sides at me trying work out how it didn't come back out when I picked it up.

And if I ever needed a reminder that none of us are immune to father time I have it today. Yesterday I was bouncing around with the young uns and feeling 25. Today I feel every one of my 65 years, and then some.

Used to piss this craic off but haven't mustered the courage to look in a mirror yet for fear of what the fuck will be staring back.

Hang on, Taff doesn't need to retract anything, the chubsters haven't promoted WAFC they congratulated us on winning the league one title, Your mob finished a miserable fifth and gained promotion through the back door.
WAFC congratulated the chubsters in return end of.

If the EFL insist on play offs then it should be third and fourth place play a one off game to determine who goes up with the CHAMPIONS and Runners Up.

Winning twenty challenge cups doesn't even come close to winning one FA Cup.

Hang on, Taff doesn't need to retract anything, the chubsters haven't promoted WAFC they congratulated us on winning the league one title, Your mob finished a miserable fifth and gained promotion through the back door.

If the EFL insist on play offs then it should be third and fourth place play a one off game to determine who goes up with the CHAMPIONS and Runners Up.

Your a real saddo….iv been Tics since before David Lowe…..n left back ish Knowles , love em just as much as Warriors Central Park oh and Friday night Riverside . Proud to be a Wiganer .. n that’s plural teams!

They could win 200 Challenge Cups and it wouldn't equal the achievement of winning the FA Cup. The most famous, biggest and best domestic cup competition in world sport. And we won it, in front of 85k spectators and over 100 million viewers watching live around the world.

Still doesn't feel real to be honest.

Wigan winning the Rugby League Challenge Cup or the FA Cup wont matter to anyone who doesnt follow the sport.

I have no idea how many baseball titles have been won by the New York Yankees because I dont follow it. Nor do I know who has won the most Gaelic Football titles. I dont know who is the world champion in extreme ironing. In fact there are multiple sports that I have no idea who has won what simply because I dont follow them.

That said - it doesnt make their achievement in their chosen sport unworthy of recognition by those who do follow it.