RIP | Page 7 | Vital Football

RIP

Being old is rubbish. That and hearing about the death that comes to us all.
Everyone dies too young.

RIP
My Wendy supporting brother in law is now in his 80’s and for years he’s been telling me that it’s no fun getting old. I just laughed it off with him and told him he was fit as a fiddle, but I really get what he meant now.

He‘s had heart valve and serious eye surgery. He’s had to stop driving, he’s too frail to go to games anymore and had to stop the love of his life which was keeping racing pigeons because his brother who used to do it with him developed dementia. And now the final blow is that he’s getting rid of his fishing gear because he doesn't think he’ll ever get to go again. Lockdown seems to have knocked his confidence.

He’s a decade older than me and was driving and enjoying all his hobbies up to his late 70’s. Not a lot to look forward to is there? 😕

Was a great player and a good presenter too they made a good pair him and greavsie
bill shankly in reply to the liverpool boards query as to whether it was wise to spend so much money on one player before they bought him said
you can’t afford not to

RIP Ian

My Wendy supporting brother in law is now in his 80’s and for years he’s been telling me that it’s no fun getting old. I just laughed it off with him and told him he was fit as a fiddle, but I really get what he meant now.

He‘s had heart valve and serious eye surgery. He’s had to stop driving, he’s too frail to go to games anymore and had to stop the love of his life which was keeping racing pigeons because his brother who used to do it with him developed dementia. And now the final blow is that he’s getting rid of his fishing gear because he doesn't think he’ll ever get to go again. Lockdown seems to have knocked his confidence.

He’s a decade older than me and was driving and enjoying all his hobbies up to his late 70’s. Not a lot to look forward to is there? 😕
Shock him aya and give him my regards.

RIP Pete. It is an absolute shocker, so sad.

It’s an accident waiting to happen every time people get a bit giddy after a few pints, you’ll have seen that as much as anybody mate and I suppose we’ve all had close calls that could have gone wrong at some time or another in our lives. One of my grandsons is at university and we got a late night call saying that he’d been larking around with his mates on his way back from the pub and taken to hospital after being dropped on his head and knocked unconscious. Fortunately he recovered with no lasting damage but it scared the crap out of us. Such fine margins.

It’s a thing very close to home for some on this board and you don’t always have to be pissed as Scunny found out unfortunately