RIP | Page 9 | Vital Football

RIP

A fantastic player, a joy to watch, one of many gifted players back then wasted on the English national team. A different manager to Revie would have had his work cut out deciding who to play.

RIP Frank

Very sad news, although he was in his 90’s. Speedy winger, though also played centre forward at times. Played 286 games for us, and scored 103 goals.
I remember him most for scoring our third in a 3-0 FA Cup 4th. round “shock” massacre v Spurs in January 1958. One of my greatest ever away days!
Thanks for the memories, Derek. R.I.P.

Former player derek hawkesworth has sadly passed away

any memories from the seniors on here ?

My first game at The Lane was in 1952 against Notts County from that day became a regular if father would take me; he was a pig. When I was old enough to go on my own, aged 10 I think, Derek Hawkswoth was one of my favourites along with Alf Ringstead and Ted Burgin. I can only remember him playing down the left wing but he had some serious pace. He would do well for us now. RIP Derek.

Met him and the queen at st Jame's palace during a presentation ceremony, we were in the afternoon slot, in the morning one, he just whizzed round everyonee without saying owt.
He got a bollocking from one of the ushers and told him to make at effort during the dinner interval, in our session he chatted and talked to everyone.
Condolences to the Royal family,
another of the brave ones gone (whatever you think of them, he served and fought) .

"Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark was born on the island of Corfu in 1921. At the age of 18, the prince joined the Royal Navy as a cadet. He saw active service during the Second World War, serving in the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean, and was mentioned in despatches for his bravery."

RIP Phillip

RIP the Duke of Edinburgh. A man who has given decades of service to the country and been a loyal companion to the Monarch. Boris summed it up nicely.

Prince Phillip fought real Nazis. Something for the pea brained pond life, who attack the monarchy and do their fighting on twitter often calling people Nazis, to think about.

RIP the Duke of Edinburgh. A man who has given decades of service to the country and been a loyal companion to the Monarch. Boris summed it up nicely.

Prince Phillip fought real Nazis. Something for the pea brained pond life, who attack the monarchy and do their fighting on twitter often calling people Nazis, to think about.
He disowned his sisters who sided with the nazis during the war

Same here rod they bring more money in than they cost countries would give their eye teeth for our history and pageant and the royal family is prominent in all of that
I agree mate,i wouldn't go and stand for hours to see them if they came to our area but as i said i'd sooner have the Royal Family than not.Hark at thee and me agreeing on summat.:eek::giggle:UTB