RIP | Vital Football

RIP

Well before my time, I'm sorry to say, but I have heard people speak very highly of him.

Sad to see a hero passing. RIP

Sad news indeed RIP Brian.I saw him play i'm sure i would've cos first game i remember goin to was Spurs in 64 a 3-3 draw after bein 3-1 up at H/T(but i probs went before that) and i'm sure Brian was part of the side playin along side JOE SHAW.UTMPB

Sad news indeed RIP Brian.I saw him play i'm sure i would've cos first game i remember goin to was Spurs in 64 a 3-3 draw after bein 3-1 up at H/T(but i probs went before that) and i'm sure Brian was part of the side playin along side JOE SHAW.UTMPB

You’ll be pleased to know Rod, that Brian did indeed play in your first game - as did Len Badger, Woody and Mick Jones.
He was a hard working, hard tackling, right half.
RIP Brian - and thanks for the memories.

RIP Brian. You were in my first ever Blades team as a lad alongside Hodgy, Joe Shaw, Doc Pace and Len Allchurch etc.

Brian was our midfield enforcer, tough as teak number 4 in the Trevor Hockey mould. Loved the bloke

I came across them a few times “back in the day”. I can remember Pete Springett producing a fabulous tip over the bar from one rocketing into the top corner - to be told in no uncertain terms, that he should have caught it. Great set of lads, from all the local clubs, who did so much good.
Thanks for the memories Johnny. R.I.P.

RIP frank bough the face of bbc sport in 70s and 80s and the early days of breakfast news if my memory serves, had a spectacular fall from grace but was good broadcaster

Are you sure he's passed away mate?
Not the slightest mention on the Paedophile Protecting Broadcasting Corporation.
Pathetic cowards that they are.

Just found their piece tucked away in entertainment. Must have hurt to tip the hat to his brilliance.

Last edited: