RIP | Page 6 | Vital Football

RIP

You old smoothly, I took the Mrs to see The Who at the City Hall in October 67 on our first date. Still got the tickets. I’m not sure it did me any favours though but I made up for it by taking her to the Lane a couple of weeks later when we beat Leeds. It was the game we’ve recently been discussing when Mick Hill scored the winner. I knew how to treat a laydeee. 😉
I remember the Kop singing to Leeds fans you bought the wrong one after they nicked MICK JONES off us.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB

My MUM was a big fan of Julie Andrews,she made me go to watch Thoroughly Modern Millie with her in Sheffield on the same day BLADES drew 1-1 at Swine cottage,she wouldn't let go cos she said it would be dangerous,i was fuming.When we got on the bus to come home after the film finished a fella who we knew told us that mi future Brother in law had been hit on the head by a bottle at the Derby game but he was ok and mi MUM looked at mi and said i told you it would be dangerous and gave me a slap for wanting to go.:LOL: I quite enjoyed the film but i never admitted to mi MUM.UTMPB
My Mum would only watch musicals so as a kid I saw them all. I think Jail House Rock was the first. When the Mrs came along they used to go together cus she like musicals as well. The only non musical film that I can recall Mum seeing was Battle of Britain. I grew up thinking that people just burst into song and started dancing at the drop of a hat. Thinking about it after a night out on West Street they usually did. 😂

You old smoothly, I took the Mrs to see The Who at the City Hall in October 67 on our first date. Still got the tickets. I’m not sure it did me any favours though but I made up for it by taking her to the Lane a couple of weeks later when we beat Leeds. It was the game we’ve recently been discussing when Mick Hill scored the winner. I knew how to treat a laydeee. 😉
My lass told me you loved football and she did go with me to the Lane many a time. Once engaged she told me that she'd rather not go and would meet me at the Wimpey bar at 6pm (on the Moor) then we'd go to the pictures.

Last edited:
Leon Spinks who famously beat Muhammad ALI in 1978 has died.He had advanced staged Prostate Cancer,which he was diagnosed with in 2019.RIP Leon.UTMPB

My lass told me you loved football and she did go with me to the Lane many a time. Once engaged she told me that she'd rather not go and would meet me at the Wimpey bar at 6pm (on the Moor) then we go to the pictures.
That sounds like entrapment to me Chippy. 😂 The Mrs had always liked football, she still does. She used to watch Rotherham before I converted her, Ralph Lyons on the wing was her favourite.

That sounds like entrapment to me Chippy. 😂 The Mrs had always liked football, she still does. She used to watch Rotherham before I converted her, Ralph Lyons on the wing was her favourite.
Didn't Barry Lyons go to Scabby Forest from Rovrum and had a good career with them if i recall correctly Gray. I still like the Millers(except when we play em obvs)and i enjoy watching them at NYS when times are more normal. They're playing well just now and i hope they stay up.UTMPB

Didn't Barry Lyons go to Scabby Forest from Rovrum and had a good career with them if i recall correctly Gray. I still like the Millers(except when we play em obvs)and i enjoy watching them at NYS when times are more normal. They're playing well just now and i hope they stay up.UTMPB
DOH! Sorry Rod it was Barry Lyons and yes he did go to the Scabs. Ralph Lyons was a schoolmate of mine, a decent footballer, he played for Sheffield Boys.

Her Dad was a Blade and when we sold Mick Jones he burned his season ticket and never set foot in the Lane again.

Breaking - glen roeder has passed away aged only 65
wasnt he on the pig recruitment committee not so long ago

anyway no reason not to wish rip to him

edit - died after a long battle with a brain tumour apparently

So sad to hear. RIP Glen

RIP Glen Roeder,he was a good player for QPR.RIP also to Johnny Briggs who played Mike Baldwin on Corrie for about 30years has died after a long illness.UTMPB

Ian St John has died after a long illness aged 82.I used to like him&Greavsie on Saint&Greavsie,it's a funny old game.RIP Ian.UTMPB