Rangers (away) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rangers (away)

Same here Jimmy. My first game of the season and the players will be taking it very seriously as it’s at Ibrox. So no one can pull the it’s only pre season they weren’t trying guff.

Prob one for Jazz, but I think rangers had some sort of hissy fit and have decreed they are reducing away supporter allocations to about 800 (cups excluded) for the foreseeable future, which would actually make sunday one of the highest. Not sure they could do so in England as I think it has to be a certain percentage of capacity, guess there is no such rule in the spl.
Whittle just received an email from Celtic basically there is no set % for away fans only clubs need to make reasonable provision for away fans . Frankly rangers decision has tarnished the game the atmosphere and Scottish football by doing this. Pretty petty I’m afraid and without any dialogue between the clubs .

Have to agree with that. I read they were upset as basically Celtic took over an end and created too much noise. I can sort of understand that. However whenever I watch these derbies on tv the atmosphere is part and parcel of the occasion so it seems ridiculous that basically there'll only be 800 away fans at each fixture, which may ultimately affect the appeal of the fixture from a broadcaster perspective. I don't think 800 could be classed as reasonable either so I'm guessing it may get overturned.

Have to agree with that. I read they were upset as basically Celtic took over an end and created too much noise. I can sort of understand that. However whenever I watch these derbies on tv the atmosphere is part and parcel of the occasion so it seems ridiculous that basically there'll only be 800 away fans at each fixture, which may ultimately affect the appeal of the fixture from a broadcaster perspective. I don't think 800 could be classed as reasonable either so I'm guessing it may get overturned.

That sounds like a Celtic leaning piece and therefore probably not true. I'm not sure you remember the derbys from the 70s MIW ...now that was atmosphere from a mostly standing audience...happy days.

Football watching in the 70s was before my time Hindley! I do recall some of terrace days and atmosphere at burden park in the late 80s for example, cracking stuff. Seems to be suggestions its coming back in a sanitised form, so I'm sure it'll go down a treat in ES2.

Early predictions? ............................

3-1 Tics .............. Grigg, Powell and Callum ................. their goal is a penalty.

UTFT.

Given rangers will make wholesale changes if Wigan don’t win then I’m lumping on us to go down at 13/2
Why do you think they'll make wholesale changes Dave? Don't they have a season about to start too? Good to see you have such faith in last year's Champions mind. ;)

They have a Europa game next week then Aberdeen at the weekend moonay added Sg has hinted at changes that’s why.