Rangers (away) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Rangers (away)

Yeh both sets of fans covered themselves in glory after the game fkn embarrassment.
Just a thought Dave........ if the hight was outside Central Station, though it's understandable why the Tics fans would be there...... I wonder the motivation of the Rangers fans to be n that location.

I didn't go by the way......and I generally agree with your sentiments re the trouble.

Rangers casuals chased a Wigan fan into denholms pub then Wigan fans waded in then everyone smashed up 3 pubs .

Yeh both sets of fans covered themselves in glory after the game fkn embarrassment.

Why have you come on to this thread to talk about trouble when you created a thread specifically about the fighting? Could it be that you were not getting the reaction you wanted on that thread thus moving it to this thread? Pretty sad attention seeking i an afraid!!

And you are ???

The person that asked a simple question about why you saw the need to use two threads to push your point about violence when no one was responding to your thread! Should be easy for you to answer

Why have you come on to this thread to talk about trouble when you created a thread specifically about the fighting? Could it be that you were not getting the reaction you wanted on that thread thus moving it to this thread? Pretty sad attention seeking i an afraid!!

Pretty sure if I'd described someone's post as pretty sad attention seeking there'd be uproar on here. No need for it really.

Many of us supporters travelling on the 10:03 TPE from Preston stood all the way to Glasgow.... including the Chief Exec.
Not a great deal to add after KDZ & C_Latic's posts (Agree with a lot of what was written).
The game did remind me of the Blackburn pre season game back in 2015/2016. Anyone else recall that one ? Blackburn allowed Wigan to move the ball around the pitch with no end result. They took over in the second half and stepped up a gear.
No sign of Shaun MacDonald.
Will add a few more comments tomorrow on bits and bobs that have not been mentioned.

Because he has a not very hidden agenda against all things Rangers and against 99% of all things English. This must have been like manna from heaven and much too good an opportunity to miss.....sad really innit?

Many of us supporters travelling on the 10:03 TPE from Preston stood all the way to Glasgow.... including the Chief Exec.
Not a great deal to add after KDZ & C_Latic's posts (Agree with a lot of what was written).
The game did remind me of the Blackburn pre season game back in 2015/2016. Anyone else recall that one ? Blackburn allowed Wigan to move the ball around the pitch with no end result. They took over in the second half and stepped up a gear.
No sign of Shaun MacDonald.
Will add a few more comments tomorrow on bits and bobs that have not been mentioned.

I remember that game it was awful and it's a good comparison. First impression of Grigg was very poor coming away from that game.

28 thousand people at Ibrox ? Did sound like the DW in winter at times with some surprisingly quiet Rangers supporters. The home support kicked into life when Sam Morsy clattered into one of the rangers players though.
Very friendly home supporters (that we came across) and a really good away day.

Obviously pre season is the time to iron out mistakes ... quite a few misplace passes along with some players that looked like they needed an extra week or two of pre season.
Kal Naismith making his first error inside 2 minutes. He initially looked like the child bunged at left back because all the better players were being used up front. He did much better when further up the field mind you. Darron Gibson following suit with a number of misplaced passes gratefully collected by the opposition.

I thought Michael Jacobs looked the sharpest of the attacking players with Jamie Walker taking the honours later in the 2nd half. He did take an age to collect one ball coming out of the Rangers area ... only for their tall striker (I think it was him) to get to the ball first and then go tearing off down the other end of the pitch .... whoops. Jamie Walker has a nice little touch with his right foot too.

Rangers were better at the back and looked comfortable containing James Vaughan. The long balls being thumped up in his general direction and were fairly easily dealt with.
Quite frustrating to see some good interplay ending up going nowhere. James Vaughan had the ball out on the left, gets a cross over over to the middle and not one Wigan player is in the area.
Had our team been a tad more joined up, we could have really troubled the Ranger defence.

Sam Morsy seemed to come alive after his late challenge. Looking forward to our Captain having a full championship season with us.
Nick Powell looked like he would have a straight red if his late sliding challenge had connected. Nick Powell was also wearing a thigh bandage.

Rangers Number 10 Ovie Ejaria caught my eye and I thought he looked like he had something about him. . He got the better of Nick Powell on a number of occasions too.
Nice to see Jordan Flores getting some game time.

Post match, Chey Dunkley came over to clap the away supporters. Nick Powell then walks over to him, puts his arm round his shoulder and looked like he was consoling Mr Dunkley (his gestures appeared to suggest a disappointed player).

Hopefully all the pre season planning will have all of the jisgaw pieces in the right place come Saturday.

Last edited:
Few things to pick up on

Naismith isn't a left back, looks alright on the ball but evidently not got the positional sense to play there.
Gibson probably worth a punt, decent range of passing and looks to be working hard, will only get better with game time.
Crying out for some pace, especially up front, if Cole is off then that has to be an area we look at
lack of depth in defence showing with injuries to Byrne and Burn. Alternatives in James and Bruce don't look up to it.
Vaughan been very poor in pre season, not sure what he's got that Cole hasn't.

Alternatives in James and Bruce don't look up to it.
Vaughan been very poor in pre season, not sure what he's got that Cole hasn't.

James doesn't look up to it? Are you serious?

Its argued that Vaughan has the physicality needed against some teams, but for a striker his goal return at Sunderland and Wigan has been mediocre. We probably won't ever know why Cole has been sidelined but the player has pace and that's never comfortable for defenders, especially later on in a game. It's a pity he looks like he's going, so I reckon we need to find a striker now because we're weak in this area in my opinin.