Promotion or Tories Out? | Page 9 | Vital Football

Promotion or Tories Out?

As already stated ....I don't give a fuck.
When i buy a paper i read the football , horse racing , occassionally attempt the crossword , look for scantily clad females and i'm happy with that.
Politics never gets a look in.
I couldn't tell you if a newspaper is right wing , left wing or goalkeeper .
As already stated ....I don't give a fuck.
When i buy a paper i read the football , horse racing , occassionally attempt the crossword , look for scantily clad females and i'm happy with that.
Politics never gets a look in.
I couldn't tell you if a newspaper is right wing , left wing or goalkeeper .

I bet you listen to the headlines on the TV & the radio. The BBC is now worse than sky news with their reporting of Corbyn & Labour.

For me, Boris is a liar and Corbyn is an idiot.

Plenty of literature about them both but just listening to them for five minutes will tell you that.

Unfortunately they are the only viable choices so what to do?

I am sticking with my policy of voting for the person I want as my local MP. Think that’s all you can do when the choice is between eating shit or drinking piss...

Can you please explain why Corbyn is a idiot? He can't do right from wrong. But the facts are he's done more than any other leader around racism. It's all on record. He's been given two peace prizes. & played a major part of bringing peace in northern Ireland.

The issue inside the Labour Party is mostly the Labour friends of Israel, (LFI). There's a few Labour MPs that are funded by them. So they've to earn that money by trying to get rid of Corbyn. Because Corbyn is a man of peace & is very vocal against apartheid. And the killings of Palestinians. Which then those members throw accusations of him being anti semitism. When Corbyn is clearly not.

On Brexit if it wasn't for Corbyn we would already have a hard Brexit. He also worked harder than any other Libdem for remain. By staying neutral now is important because he's trying to bring people together on another vote. Where we will then have all the facts. And where hopefully less BS from both sides of the argument.

The Tories ideology hasn't changed. They've always been the nasty party that causes divisions in society so they get away with looking after their own. If we were all in this together why have the rich trebled their wealth? Why are there more food banks & homeless on our streets? Why is the NHS failing? Why are schools running out of funding? Why are the sick & the disabled being marginalised?

This will be the most important election in years yet less people are set to vote. That's what the Tories want.

Can you please explain why Corbyn is a idiot? He can't do right from wrong. But the facts are he's done more than any other leader around racism. It's all on record. He's been given two peace prizes. & played a major part of bringing peace in northern Ireland.

The issue inside the Labour Party is mostly the Labour friends of Israel, (LFI). There's a few Labour MPs that are funded by them. So they've to earn that money by trying to get rid of Corbyn. Because Corbyn is a man of peace & is very vocal against apartheid. And the killings of Palestinians. Which then those members throw accusations of him being anti semitism. When Corbyn is clearly not.

On Brexit if it wasn't for Corbyn we would already have a hard Brexit. He also worked harder than any other Libdem for remain. By staying neutral now is important because he's trying to bring people together on another vote. Where we will then have all the facts. And where hopefully less BS from both sides of the argument.

The Tories ideology hasn't changed. They've always been the nasty party that causes divisions in society so they get away with looking after their own. If we were all in this together why have the rich trebled their wealth? Why are there more food banks & homeless on our streets? Why is the NHS failing? Why are schools running out of funding? Why are the sick & the disabled being marginalised?

This will be the most important election in years yet less people are set to vote. That's what the Tories want.
I thought I had been quite clear as to my reasons in my original post.

Look at some of the things he has done, some of the things he has said. The hallmarks of an idiot and someone who people just won’t vote for.

I have zero interest in political debate beyond understanding what somebody is offering and what they stand for. I just care about who is most likely to do the best by me and mine. Unfortunately I can’t trust either of the two main candidates to be of any use whatsoever and I think that view reflects most of the electorate at this moment in time.

Corbyn's actual policies are very popular with the electorate;

Screenshot_20191111-104938_Twitter.jpg

But then you have Corbyn's approval ratings and you see where the problem lies;

Screenshot_20191111-184526_Samsung Internet.jpg
(Red is disapproval)

The electorate like the message. But they hate the messenger.

They are decidedly lukewarm on the Tory message, which is a farcical one; vote Tory to reverse 10 years of bad Tory policies.

They don't like Johnson that much either.

But the electorate's hatred of Corbyn means that they will disregard the message.

The gap will close up during purdah when people actually hear Corbyn speak and there is equal coverage of what he says. But the right wing press are rabidly anti Corbyn because their owners stand to lose so much money from him. That isn't the killer blow it once was, but you have a huge proportion of (mainly male) boomers and Xers who won't listen to anything he has to say and will happily flood Facebook with anti labour memes

I don’t trust either party to do right by me or to deliver on the promises that actually mean anything to me.

There were other reasons but it was one of the reasons I voted remain. I couldn’t trust the people in charge not to fuck it up and lo and behold...

I have never voted Tory in my life but each time I want to vote labour they seem determined to give me reasons not to.

If it wasnt for Corbyn being pro Brexit we wouldn't actually have Brexit...

Generally its bad to throw a baby out with the bathwater- corbyn is rubbish at his job but not a reason to not vote labour imo (unless you live in his constituency)

I notice the brexit party chickened out of taking on the tories with a spectacular u-turn.

If you want hope, here is some; Tory and Labour polling in comparison to 2017
Screenshot_20191111-201121_Twitter.jpg

And this poll, which finally hints the huge gap might be closing

Screenshot_20191111-202703_Twitter.jpg

Can’t believe people reference ‘hope’ because the gap is closing. If you’re not a conservative supporter, fair enough - but please don’t suggest the Labour government offers hope. They offer the recession they put us in the last time they were in power with their overspend and utopian promises.

they’re the most disjointed, segregated, inept party and the thought of Diana Abbott in a position of such power frightens the life out of me far more than any conservative MP.

Can’t believe people reference ‘hope’ because the gap is closing. If you’re not a conservative supporter, fair enough - but please don’t suggest the Labour government offers hope. They offer the recession they put us in the last time they were in power with their overspend and utopian promises.

they’re the most disjointed, segregated, inept party and the thought of Diana Abbott in a position of such power frightens the life out of me far more than any conservative MP.

Er you think Labour put us in recession? I'm not a labour voter but that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the global economic conditions that caused the recession, and for that matter the leadership shown minimising it's damage.

Er you think Labour put us in recession? I'm not a labour voter but that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the global economic conditions that caused the recession, and for that matter the leadership shown minimising it's damage.

I completely understand the US housing market crashed but surely it can’t be argued that there was a significant overspend at the wrong time?

Also, might have egg on my face if this is wrong but didn’t the coalition government set up some budgetary responsibility policy to combat it going forward?

How's Charles chap?

I completely understand the US housing market crashed but surely it can’t be argued that there was a significant overspend at the wrong time?

Also, might have egg on my face if this is wrong but didn’t the coalition government set up some budgetary responsibility policy to combat it going forward?
Not really a massive overspend.

Labour were considering cutting down the managed deficit at the exact point where things crashed. There had been a deficit for years before Labour. It wasn't a massive problem.

People forget that a significant part of the "devastating deficit" was
a) massively reduced tax revenue due to recession and
B) Brown bailing out the banks so we didn't all lose everything.

If anything, history will thank the Labour party for its role in averting what should have been a much bigger crisis.

There are things to criticise new Labour for, but not the economy.

I'm no economist but the way to stop a recession isn't austerity, because it kills demand. You more or less need to spend your way out of recession and make that back when the economy has recovered.

Look at the figures and you'll see this is exactly what was happening under Alastair Darling. Osborn came in, launched austerity and out us in a double dip recession (I seem to remember then being saved from a triple dip by the Olympics) and then quietly changed course to almost exactly what Labour had been doing to end the crisis.

Cameron won over millions of voters by simplifying economics to absurdity; he pretended that the a major wester power's economy was like a credit card that was maxed out. It was a very effective lie, praying on something that made sense to the electorate. Anyone who tried to explain that a country is nothing like that simple just lost the voters

Labour's major crime was utterly failing to refute these lies over the deficite, nor to defend their economic record under Milliband

Be better off with Russ Abbott.
At least the atmosphere would be better.