Pre Season Friendlies 2021 | Page 13 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies 2021

That £4.49 jobbie looks like audio only so no live picture stream ? Or have I got it wrong …..

That £4.49 jobbie looks like audio only so no live picture stream ? Or have I got it wrong …..
According to their website for tonight's game:
"For supporters not able to attend this game, a live video stream will be included as part of the £4.49 monthly pass, which you can purchase here by selecting ‘Audio Monthly Pass’. "

If the contract offer is still on the table for Viv and he is thinking about staying he should probably needs to decide asap - as if we sign either or both of Jordan Jones or Blackett Taylor that contract offer will probably be gone.

I was greatful for Viv's contribution last year but I really like the look of Jones and Blackett-Taylor looked exciting in his cameos so I'd probably prefer those 2 over Viv.

Just a thought, but the club are probably looking at how he responds to the operation he had before actually signing anything and it may not be down to Viv.

I do agree though that Blackett Taylor has shown some nice touches and a willingness to run at people and his cameo the other night got people off their seats. I am still not sure Jones will make the move and that would still leave a place for Viv.

Be interesting to see who plays tonight as the u23s are in their final and the young lads will probably fancy a medal!

Be interesting to see who plays tonight as the u23s are in their final and the young lads will probably fancy a medal!

It's a shame both games are on the same night but with it being our last preseason game we probably want most of our likely first team to be playing 90 mins, so i don't think we'd have been looking to use as many subs anyway. So it might not make a big difference to our approach.

I imagine the majority of young lads who've made cameos but have no realistic chance of starting against Sunderland will probably be playing a full competitive game against Blackburn rather than being a late or unused sub against Preston. I think that works better for everyone.

Latics: Amos; Darikwa, Whatmough, Long, Robinson; Power, Naylor; Trialist, Keane, Humphrys; Wyke

Subs: Jones, Carragher, Trialist, Smith, McHugh, Massey, Aasgaard, Lang, Lloyd, Costello

Excellent coverage tonight on I follow from Guy Clark and Brett Ormrod
We desperately need a right back Darikwa is still dreadful Charlie Wyke noware to be seen again seen him 4 times now very worrying just cant get into the games

Excellent coverage tonight on I follow from Guy Clark and Brett Ormrod
We desperately need a right back Darikwa is still dreadful Charlie Wyke noware to be seen again seen him 4 times now very worrying just cant get into the games
We're still winning though, just wait till he is scoring!

Another good performance tonight. Still need a right back though still not happy with Darickwa as first choice

Overall another cracking game and a lot of good performances ….I’m not Darikwa’s biggest fan but I thought he was excellent 1st half defensively and he crossed for the opening goal ….think the quality of the cross ‘forced’ the o.g. .if he hadn’t hit it the Preston player probably had a tap in.

I have to say I was in the “Max Power …100% effort player …but not good enough” camp…but I thought he was a revelation tonight driving the team on and playing some cracking balls forward….He looks super fit and based on the admittedly limited evidence of a couple of friendlies…it seems as if his game has matured a lot. Keane if he stays fit is also class fir this division ….Humphrys looks right at home ….and Wyke may have to go through what Kieffer Moore did in terms of taking him till half way through the season to properly bed in …..not getting much to feed on so far but they pushed the ‘wages boat’ out to get him so the Mgmnt team must have plans to suit him.
(Oh and Amos the keeper was excellent)