Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Saturday 17th July 15:00 Oldham Ath (A)
Tuesday 20th July 19:30 AFC Fylde (A)
Friday 23rd July 19:00 Bootle FC (A)
Tuesday 27th July 19:30 Stoke City (H)
Friday 30th July 19:30 Preston NE (H)

Last edited:
Decided I want my first game back to be special, so I’m skipping all friendlies and waiting for Rotherham. Hopefully Sunderland if away fans are allowed in.

Anyone heard anything about the possibility of away fans at Oldham next Saturday. I've had a hunt around but can't find any info from either Wigan or Oldham, although I have found details of Oldham's pre season friendlies with Ashton Utd (today) and Stalybridge Celtic (Tuesday) for which there are tickets available - under strict covid regs.

If they let Wiganers go to Oldham next week it would be a massive turnout.

Hope the lack of friendlies doesn't leave us a bit undercooked. Wonder if the fact we've only got 4 is due to the owners only taking over in March. Would imagine that some clubs had already started talking to each other before then about possible friendlies and we couldn;'t plan much as we didn't know if we'd have a club. Could also have been harder as I would imagine some clubs that may have gone abroad have ended up playing UK based teams

Hope the lack of friendlies doesn't leave us a bit undercooked. Wonder if the fact we've only got 4 is due to the owners only taking over in March. Would imagine that some clubs had already started talking to each other before then about possible friendlies and we couldn;'t plan much as we didn't know if we'd have a club. Could also have been harder as I would imagine some clubs that may have gone abroad have ended up playing UK based teams
They can organise some behind closed doors games I’m sure

I suspect we've got the number of public friendlies we wanted as if we wanted more I'm sure we could find a team somewhere to play.

I think generally you can always get friendlies as there are so many teams all preparing for a new season and any club below L1 would probably be interested in potentially a game with us. But it's a balancing act between game time, all the intensive coaching and fitness work and making sure you don't over work everyone so they are fresh for the opening games. As others have said there is bound to be some behind closed door games too - that we may not even hear about.

You may be right and we could end up looking back and saying we needed more game time in preseason but I imagine the lack of friendlies is probably planned rather than something we struggled to get.

That can't be right - Boris just confirmed full capacities at outdoor events
Unless that bullshitter Frampton has bought Oldham and put a roof on boundary park instead ? 😂 - "offer accepted" anyone ? 😉

That can't be right - Boris just confirmed full capacities at outdoor events
Unless that bullshitter Frampton has bought Oldham and put a roof on boundary park instead ? 😂 - "offer accepted" anyone ? 😉
Based on the rate hospital cases are increasing, I will be very surprised if full capacities are still permitted come August. There will be a Netherlands style U-Turn by the end of the month when they realise the mistake they've made.

I hate to say it because I want this over with as much as anyone else, but they should have waited until everyone was double vaccinated before opening back up.

Oldham can't afford staff,Stewards etc for the game!They are in real trouble and their fans don't expect them to start the season!Played on Saturday with 8 trialists!!