Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

Maybe but they seem to be increasing in numbers. All season ticket holders around me. Loads not here tonight. That is a worrying prospect for next seasons renewals.

Fully agree mark. Not good and something needs to be done.

But we are losing games of football and are near the bottom of the league.

We got sub 3k crowds in the late 80’s early 90’s. We got sub 3k crowds in the early 70’s. Why? Because we were losing games.

I could almost guarantee we’d be getting 5k plus if we were currently mid table (maybe not midweek v Cheltenham tho).

But if we’d had a new owner from the start of this season and were currently bottom 6, we’d have pretty much the same crowd as tonight.

So I still maintain, if we could start winning and move up, the crowds would return.

I'm not sure it's that clear cut OSK. Without doubt losing is a factor but it's not the only one.

I suspect that scallys lack of communication / attitude on season ticket during covid is also a factor. For some the arrogance struck a nerve. I fully accept that many of the exiles on here that doesn't seem that relevant but it is/was to those I speak to.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you or I debate as the cause of 3000 gates.

If those gates doesn't balance the books then the inevitable result is we go full circle with scally.

If we are in league 2 when that happens then that could be potentially disastrous

Sad times whatever your thoughts on the cause.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's that clear cut OSK. Without doubt losing is a factor but it's not the only one.

I suspect that scallys lack of communication / attitude on season ticket during covid is also a factor. For some the arrogance struck a nerve. I fully accept that many of the exiles on here that doesn't seem that relevant but it is/was to those I speak to.

I agree that there would be multiple factors for lower crowds.

No doubt PS is to blame for some of the apathy and negativity. Agree his PR is shocking and advertising is poor.

But most is because we are losing.

As I pointed out previously the crowds actually rose from Lovell to Evans because we started winning. And that’s despite many people said they’d stay away simply because of Evans.

Some people need something else, anything else to blame rather than their own apathy.