Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 4 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

The COVID impact should be quite easy to work out - have attendances at other clubs in the league (all of whom will have gone through exactly the same) been similarly affected?

The "more people would go if we were doing better, so it isn't the chairman's fault...." argument is a bit chicken and egg. Who is responsible for a teams performance and the product that is being provided?

Good point. There are a lot of clubs riding a wave of positivity after COVID, and getting very good crowds. We aren’t one of them.

But we are not alone in that.

Pompey have gone from 18.2 k and 17.9k pre COVID to 15k this season.

Donny 8k down to 6k
MK Dons 9.2k down to 8.8k (and were 10.3k 4 years ago when they first dropped back to L1).

And there appear to be numerous clubs more our size in L2 (funny that) that have crowd numbers and falls similar to ours. But then some doing great.

So, lot of clubs doing better. But also quite a few “struggling”.

Last edited:
I don't expect many to demonstrate tonight. Most keyboard warriors prefer a warm room rather than a cold and windy night on Redfern Avenue. A relatively small number in the Rainham End caused minimal trouble, I'd be surprised if more than fifty turn up before the gates open. Unless someone is financing the demo.

Were those helicopters circling or just passing over Gillingham?

I don't expect many to demonstrate tonight. Most keyboard warriors prefer a warm room rather than a cold and windy night on Redfern Avenue. A relatively small number in the Rainham End caused minimal trouble, I'd be surprised if more than fifty turn up before the gates open. Unless someone is financing the demo.

Were those helicopters circling or just passing over Gillingham?
Some will be surprised if more than 50 (non-demonstrators) go in the ground.

I’ve always said if you’re boycotting then at least show you’re protesting by showing up to any protest. Otherwise it’s just apathy. Show the club you still care otherwise where’s the justification in the argument that people weren’t going only because of Scally? I was actually hoping to see a number of people there (and not just G13), to give me a bit of hope that our crowds would Increase again should anything happen.

Or very clever to throw the snatch squads off the scent ;-)

I heard they’re taking a new approach: take GFC down from the inside.

Fred Perry, in disguise, applied for sous chef and is serving Scally’s half time Bovril at room temperature.

Binman got the gig as club Harpist and is playing F# In place of every Gb.

Mark In Kent is working in the ticket office now to validate that the attendance figures are correct to the HMRC VAT returns.

Scally will be gone before Christmas.

PS. MiK - I know you’re not one of them really. I just don’t know any of names of the scumbag SOB. You’re comments are always sensible and thought out!

Is Fred Babycham there? Can't believe I'm missing the opportunity to meet the Messiah in the flesh.

I heard they’re taking a new approach: take GFC down from the inside.

Fred Perry, in disguise, applied for sous chef and is serving Scally’s half time Bovril at room temperature.

Binman got the gig as club Harpist and is playing F# In place of every Gb.

Mark In Kent is working in the ticket office now to validate that the attendance figures are correct to the HMRC VAT returns.

Scally will be gone before Christmas.

PS. MiK - I know you’re not one of them really. I just don’t know any of names of the scumbag SOB. You’re comments are always sensible and thought out!

😀

I can't count the crowd by hand tonight mate. 15 mind to go and there aren't a 1000 in here. Factory must be rammed