Pre match protest on Tuesday | Page 6 | Vital Football

Pre match protest on Tuesday

Another protest planned for before the Pompey game apparently. All those taking part in the protest tonight were banned from entering the stadium.

Well we strolled down to the ground around 7:30 and there was no sign of any protests. I can't understand why if they were protesting at 6pm, they didn't they hang around until just before kick off when most of the fans were going into the ground to make their point. I was told there were only about 15 of them anyway so even these muppets are losing interest in bothering to make a case.
There were no 'Scally Out' chants in the ground either btw.

There were Scally Out chants but at the end of the game and there were probably double that 15 outside ground. That said all very low key in keeping with a very poor attendance. Much better game than expected in contrast.

Bobby has been at it on the L1 Facebook forum again. Asking for Pompey fans to support their cause of getting rid of our owner. Obviously by “not buying pies so Scally can’t put the money in his pocket.”

A lot of other fans wondering why all the fuss, we still have a club, lot of clubs worse off etc.

So he took the post down (saying f/b flagged some posts? But there was nothing bad in the thread, apart from his own libellous comments about PS).

Anyway, he puts the post up again and first poster to reply had some valid points. Don’t think any SOB will understand or want to hear.

(Btw I think his quote of £1mill losses is predicting a fair loss this season)
—————-/———————————-
L1 fan - ok - so my point was you’ve lost well over million quid over the last 3 seasons - so that raises a number of issues

1. whatever you are currently paying for players is more than you can afford

2. someone must be supporting those losses - wether it be directors loans - increased bank borrowings etc supported by PG’s - so who is doing this

3. the impact of covid on clubs is massive

Last edited:
Anyone remember what YE 18 was in terms of profit/loss ?

YE 19 and YE20 combined were approx. 750K loss I believe so any loss in YE 18 would take it close to the 1M for three years.

Whatever your views on the debate do you think scally would allow an out flag to be displayed in the ground ?

I'm reading that those involved in the legal protest outside were banned from entry to the stadium.

More like a dictatorship every day.

On a path to everyone losing I fear.

Whatever your views on the debate do you think scally would allow an out flag to be displayed in the ground ?

I'm reading that those involved in the legal protest outside were banned from entry to the stadium.

More like a dictatorship every day.

On a path to everyone losing I fear.
I’d ban them.
It’s not good for the atmosphere and for the vast majority who don’t agree with them.
They live in a tiny echo chamber where the leaders appear to think that they are speaking for the fans.
They are not.
They are speaking for about thirty people.

Guilty of what though ? I thought he was OK with peaceful protest ? In reality toe the party line or your banned.

Still as we've always said his house, his rules on who comes in. Bit like the local pub shutting though due to lack of customers. It's a real shame for the locals who used it.

I’d ban them.
It’s not good for the atmosphere and for the vast majority who don’t agree with them.

The vast majority arent bothering attending games any more. That should be the focus. It really doesn't matter why. It only matters whether the club is sustainable.

I don't think banning those who protested was the right decision.

I can see why he did it but it just gives that group ammunition and distract from the terrible turnout of the protest or how quiet it apparently was for the vast majority.

If people are boycotting because of Scally they need to be going to those protests so the club know it's a boycott rather than the many other reasons to not go to football. Too many keyboard protesters me thinks.

I’d ban them.
They live in a tiny echo chamber where the leaders appear to think that they are speaking for the fans.
They are not.

That's your view shotshy but one of those banned is a long time supporter, who had't joined earlier protests and wasn't chanting. That's not proportionate, sensible, or likely to diminish support for the outers.

I think the bloke wants the club to fall into administration so he can attempt to buy it .I believe he is totally self motivated and would be worse than Scally ever has been .There is always going to be those at any club who will buy into a hate campaign against the chairman almost regardless of who he is and how much money he has spent or not spent.I have no facts only gut feeling but he reminds me a bit of a cult leader leading a group of extremist.

I’d ban them.
They are not.

Trust me there is only one person who lives in an echo chamber. Yes Mr Scally, yes Mr Scally.

The guys ego is unbelievable. Yes ban people for being abusive or violent, but for standing on a street corner? Get a fucking grip you insecure **** (PS not you Shoty). He said he welcomed opinions and free speech, clearly unless it agrees with him, that's BS.

Are we saying that PS banned those standing on the corner last night?
Or are these the same people previously banned?
If PS banned them last night on there stand point outside the ground then that is bang out of order

Are we saying that PS banned those standing on the corner last night?
Or are these the same people previously banned?
If PS banned them last night on there stand point outside the ground then that is bang out of order
I don’t believe that to be the case Sturdy.
I understand that last night’s protestors on the corner with the banner had been previously banned.
I may well be wrong.
As jogills has said, a few decent long term supporters appear to have got caught up in the game of being played by others.

Trust me there is only one person who lives in an echo chamber. Yes Mr Scally, yes Mr Scally.

The guys ego is unbelievable. Yes ban people for being abusive or violent, but for standing on a street corner? Get a fucking grip you insecure **** (PS not you Shoty). He said he welcomed opinions and free speech, clearly unless it agrees with him, that's BS.
Ok 👍
Scally out
Then what ?
You’re a reasonable bloke, as is Mark.
What’s the solution?
I’m blowed if I know.
Scally has openly said that he’d sell if anyone is interested.
What else can he do?

Fans were banned by senior head stewards for chanting Scally out on Redfern Ave. The police in the area had no issues as it wasn't abusive or violent etc. Scally is now banning people for having an opinion for fuck sake. It's turned into a dictatorship.

I don’t believe that to be the case Sturdy.
I understand that last night’s protestors on the corner with the banner had been previously banned.
I may well be wrong.
As jogills has said, a few decent long term supporters appear to have got caught up in the game of being played by others.

I know of at least one bloke who was banned last night who wasnt previously.