Pope Resigns ! | Page 5 | Vital Football

Pope Resigns !

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 18:52

Skeggy, I wasn't asking why you hate Catholicism. I was simply asking why it is ok for self-described Christians to hate Catholicism and mock it as a religion while it is considered part of their own religion.

I am not defending the church on any of those reasons, so don't think that I am. As I said I was raised Catholic and am no longer Catholic.

I was simply questioning the hatred of a branch of Christianity by people who call themselves Christians.

This Christian doesn't Siggy. I know and fully accept Catholism is part of Christianity and look at people daft if they separate it.

The Church (as people not the building which is what the Church is the people) was built on from Peter The Rock. Jesus gave him the ministry of what his Church would be built on

Matthew 16:18
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

To continue reading the site interpretation

http://www.wordofhisgrace.org/rock.htm

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 21:26

Then why were you posting pictures mocking the whole Pope situation?

Why not? They'd mock, and have mocked, just about anything else, so why should this be exempt? It's not like it's that important in the UK any more, anyway.

I am not a Catholic. I know many and included have extended family that are good decent Catholics.

This is just 1 of the thousands of links in virtual world who is a member of The Catholic safeguarding commission set up in the wake of the child abuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDVqmG7CK0

The guy speaking on here Bill Kilgallon is our extended family member. Better more decent God fearing Christians who have devoted there lives to the good of others along with his wife and our extended family you could wish to meet.

So whilst I am not defending atrocities committed by people who are Catholics. Like with anyone/anything I will defend people who are Catholics as they aren't all bad.

Good and bad in every race

I am not mocking! I am sorry you see it like that Siggy. They are just fun pictures to me and my humour is dry and satirical.

I take the mickey out of alot of things

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 12/2/2013 21:28

Why not? They'd mock, and have mocked, just about anything else, so why should this be exempt? It's not like it's that important in the UK any more, anyway.

It is to alot of Christians. They are 100's of thousands Catholics in The U.K. Some of these pics have been put up by Catholics just cos they are funny.

The main pics are from the comedy Siggy Father Ted (I don't know if you have seen it) which is an Irish comedy on the Catholic church.

We go in for alot of satirical humour here

I am aware of dry and satirical humor, I am just wondering if you would feel the same way of someone posting images mocking your particular denomination of Christianity.

Just an observation. Seems a bit hypocritical to me is all.

In regards to saying you have Catholic friends who posted those images, I guess it goes back to what Skeggy said "I can say my wife is fat, you can't."

kefkat - 12/2/2013 21:31

I am not mocking! I am sorry you see it like that Siggy. They are just fun pictures to me and my humour is dry and satirical.

Yup KK does have a laff a lot on here and i am happy she does tbh :139:

ClivetheVillan - 12/2/2013 21:54

kefkat - 12/2/2013 21:31

Yup KK does have a laff a lot on here and i am happy she does tbh :139:

It doesn't matter to me if it was my ''denomination'' of Christianity. I see all denominations as Christianity including Catholism to ensure everyone knows as Christianity.

I don't separate off denominations. It doesn't matter to me. If it is funny, it's funny. Go and have a look through the pages of The fun pictures Siggy: you will see that I have put loads of pictures that are funny to do with Jesus/The Bible etc.

We Christians do have a sense of humour too. Oh some won't but that is because people are people whomever they are

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 21:42

In regards to saying you have Catholic friends who posted those images, I guess it goes back to what Skeggy said "I can say my wife is fat, you can't."

Just to respond to this bit: Not really. They have been posted to them by folks who maybe Christian or not. They are ''loose jacket'' with their humour. We are all different Siggy.

Even Christians have humour. You heard some of the jokes our pastor cracks even when talking on a Sunday you would probably be surprised.

I think the media can portray people has not having as sense of humour about somethings when they are generalizing.

I was raised Catholic but have several issues with the church and ultimately is why I stopped going to mass.

I haven't found another church that I like so I don't know if I still consider myself a Christian or just a spiritual person.

I do pray but do not go to services as I would like to find a church that does not judge people based on color or sexual preference.

Let's just all agree that, at best, Jesus was a rebellious political activist and nothing more, and move on. :35:

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 22:18

I was raised Catholic but have several issues with the church and ultimately is why I stopped going to mass.

I haven't found another church that I like so I don't know if I still consider myself a Christian or just a spiritual person.

I do pray but do not go to services as I would like to find a church that does not judge people based on color or sexual preference.

I think that is kinda hard cos human beings are human beings whatever church you are in. People will always be imperfect. What I have learnt over the years through me fellowship with my church is God has led me to away to respond to any prejudices I here that I need to respond to appropriately. It has been growing relationship of my skills with people as there's with me. I know God put there for a reason. I have come to love my church people with all the imperfectness just as they me

Yeah they call Catholics 'non-practicing Catholics' or in some cases recovering Catholics. Or you can just say your a non denomination believer

I belong to a church which was started 20 years ago as a Christian independent based on starting a church to serve the community, away from gold money and man made traditions etc.

My Church became part of a fairly new Christian fellowship called New Frontiers. Terry Virgo set it up 30 years ago now as he wanted to get back to the core of Christ's message which is turn to God repent and serve.

We are now part of a denomination, though we prefer to call it a Christian fellowship as we believe whatever 'denomination' we are still all part of the same body of Christ.

Our Church is very high profile part of the community here and we are basically a 1 stop emotional/spiritual shop for everything be at church or ancillary.

Truly what Christ was and is about. No we aren't perfect. No one is however why I was led to the church was become it is everything I believe a church should be about.

It sounds like our church is the type you need too. Indeed we have many in our church who were in the Catholic church.

I think for me I was led to discover what was and is right for me. I think if you want a church fellowship to try different churches and find what works for you, as it is about your relationship and fellowship with God which is personal to you, if that makes sense.

Our church fellowship now has way over 500 plants in The U.K and about a 1000 abroad.

Inbox anytime if you want any guidance around. You don't have to take anything I say. I am happy to help if I can just like I was guided and helped.

I am not in a church of my childhood and I am still recovering from the God I was bought up with as it was very much that time. The God I know and have come to know now is nothing like the God put on me by imperfect humans as a child. Times have moved on thank goodness