Pope Resigns ! | Page 4 | Vital Football

Pope Resigns !

Turns out he has had a pacemaker for years!

You would think god would ensure his ONLY direct divine contact to the human race would always be in perfect health to convey his message.

Genuinely puzzled.

Nah Rosie. This is the real reason :17:

Attachments

• fcuk this shit.jpg
    fcuk this shit.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
I find it a bit hypocritical that there are some very outspoken religious people mocking the Pope. Does that mean it is ok to mock Catholics but not your own religion?

Just curious. I was raised Catholic and have always considered myself a Christian. I didn't realize the Catholic church was so hated among other Christians.

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 17:05

I find it a bit hypocritical that there are some very outspoken religious people mocking the Pope. Does that mean it is ok to mock Catholics but not your own religion?

Just curious. I was raised Catholic and have always considered myself a Christian. I didn't realize the Catholic church was so hated among other Christians.

Now you've opened a can of worms!!

Wurzel - 12/2/2013 08:15

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 17:05

Now you've opened a can of worms!!

[youtube=Ya2xifdO_l0]

Seriously, I want to know. I would think that if someone were very religious and very vocal about it they would respect other people's religion and not mock it.

I would no longer consider myself a Catholic (put me in a mass and I will know all the prayers, songs, etc.) and I am aware that the Catholic Church has done some unspeakable things and has some archaic ideas about life (a big reason why I left the church) but I would never judge someone because they were Catholic or mock them because the Pope is retiring.

Just wondering if that is just me or if that is across all religions, but again I am not very religious or vocal about religion.

The Catholic Religion is a vile institution and has caused more heartbreak than any other!

I am not questioning that it has caused its share of heartbreak, but every religion has. Is it not considered part of Christianity?

All religions cause heartbreak.

How can you separate the two? You are attacking the very religion they practice and believe in. When people on here attack Christianity, Christians get upset and take it as a personal attack.

I still don't know how Catholic Church is not considered part of Christianity.

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 17:40

I am not questioning that it has caused its share of heartbreak, but every religion has. Is it not considered part of Christianity?

It is considered under Christianity but some Christians would debate it due to their worship of Mary. It states quite clearly in the bible there is only one God.

Green Tea - 12/2/2013 09:04

SiggyBrownie - 12/2/2013 17:40

It is considered under Christianity but some Christians would debate it due to their worship of Mary. It states quite clearly in the bible there is only one God.

Ahem, Caholics do not worship Mary. They pray to Mary because she was the mother of Jesus.

Alright Siggy you want it here goes. I detest Catholics for what they've done in the name of religion in Northern Ireland. I detest Benedict because he told Africans its wrong to wear condoms even if you're HIV. I hate the Church of Roman for the way they take take take from their followers whilst they live in poverty. I find the fact that someone can murder someone then be free of sin if they confess to an ageing peadophile whilst sat in a box disgraceful. I find it revolting that a Priest can abuse young boys and be protected by their superiors. Is that enough or do you want more?

Skeggy, I wasn't asking why you hate Catholicism. I was simply asking why it is ok for self-described Christians to hate Catholicism and mock it as a religion while it is considered part of their own religion.

I am not defending the church on any of those reasons, so don't think that I am. As I said I was raised Catholic and am no longer Catholic.

I was simply questioning the hatred of a branch of Christianity by people who call themselves Christians.

I like Wagon Wheels. I have one in my lunch box most days.

And penguins, I like the little joke on the wrapper.