Planning for end of season | Page 6 | Vital Football

Planning for end of season

With League 2 cancelled seemingly. What does this mean for Jack Roles and George Marsh who are at Cambridge and Leyton ? . Jack had only just returned from an injury that kept him out for couple of months I think. George seemed to be playing almost every game.
Roles is an attacker and Marsh a DM or RB I think.

Two Bundesliga players from Dynamo Dresden have tested positive for Corona Virus, this is the reality facing Project Restart.

I have a feeling it won't stop the restart in the PL, the pressure being applied by Sky and BT now is very significant, with veiled threats/insight being given to key decision makers of how not finishing will affect Future finances..

Bundesliga had record (by some margin) viewership on it's return.

With League 2 cancelled seemingly. What does this mean for Jack Roles and George Marsh who are at Cambridge and Leyton ? . Jack had only just returned from an injury that kept him out for couple of months I think. George seemed to be playing almost every game.
Roles is an attacker and Marsh a DM or RB I think.

They are 'back' at the club, and will continue their lock-down routines under the clubs monitoring.

I have a feeling it won't stop the restart in the PL, the pressure being applied by Sky and BT now is very significant, with veiled threats/insight being given to key decision makers of how not finishing will affect Future finances..

Bundesliga had record (by some margin) viewership on it's return.

Finance or Death is not a pleasant equation. I am uncomfortable with it.

Premier League clubs will have to consider quarantining players for 14 days before season resumes

Clubs will also have an 'inspector' monitoring training grounds to make sure rules are being followed

By Jason Burt, Chief Football Correspondent 18 May 2020 • 5:02pm

Premier League clubs will have to consider isolating players for up to 14 days in hotels before matches resume with an “inspector” to be appointed for every training ground to make sure the strict rules are being followed.
Fans may also not be allowed to attend matches next season with Dr Mark Gillett, the Premier League’s medical adviser, claiming that whenever football returned everyone had to get used to the fact that the Government has made it clear “the public health situation is not going to change over the next six to 12 months” and so some restrictions will be in place.
The warnings comes as the 20 clubs unanimously voted through the return-to-training protocols, which are the first stage of ‘Project Restart’, and with players due back into group training from 2pm on Tuesday when coronavirus test results are expected.
The agreement which includes stringent hygiene and social distancing measures is the first step towards a return to football, with steps two – a return to contact training, which will be discussed at a meeting next week - and three – a return to play - to follow.
“Regardless of the timing of this type of conversation we are going to be looking to make the same changes, cultural changes, at training grounds into footballers behaviours now or at any point this year. So it is important that people understand that,” Dr Gillett said.
As part of that will eventually be a consultation with clubs, players and managers about going into isolation as has happened in the Bundesliga which started again at the weekend although the Premier League hope this will be avoidable if the protocols are adhered to.
TELEMMGLPICT000231131046_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqeK8ehqBZJSTiVTgumtathbH8AD1LYTdJsoz8pklmEgw.jpegimwidth=480

Borussia Moenchengladbach at their quarantine hotel Credit: Borussia Moenchengladbach
In Germany the players spent seven days before the games resumed in hotels but Dr Gillett said the current advice from Public Health England was that isolation was only effective for a two-week period and that, therefore, this may have to be followed.
“So you need to be in a hotel environment for 14 days to make it truly effective,” Dr Gillett said.
“Now that’s certainly something we are going to need to think about and consult widely with players, clubs, managers, PFA, all the stakeholders as we move through to that phase. It is certainly something that will be discussed and ultimately when we get to phase three in particular we will make a decision on that and it will be one that everybody is happy with.” A more acceptable alternative may be for players to guarantee they go into some form of isolation in their home environments in the run-up to games restarting.
The Premier League has also made it clear that it will closely monitor the clubs to make sure they are abiding by the rules. Its director of football Richard Garlick said that independent “inspectors” would be appointed. “That will enable us to give everyone confidence that the protocols are being complied with,” he said.
Dr Gillett and the Premier League’s chief executive Richard Masters allayed fears that the 40,000 tests needed to complete the season was diverting resources away from the NHS in the battle to beat COVID-19. “We are working on a frequency that is on advisement from the Government, certainly we don’t want to waste a test and we’re sourcing these tests independently of any NHS supplies, so we won’t be compromising them in any way or form,” Dr Gillett said.

Masters said that the Premier League was considering playing the ‘games in hand’ between Aston Villa and Sheffield United and Manchester City and Arsenal, crucial to both ends of the table, early if the fixtures re-start so that in the event of curtailment all the clubs are hopefully on the same number of matches. “I think it is a good idea to prioritise games to be played first, relatively early in the schedule,” Masters said.
There is also a desire to give Liverpool a trophy presentation for when they, as expected, are crowned Premier League champions. “We would like to have a trophy presentation to give the players and staff the moment they have worked so hard for,” Masters said. “We would try and do it unless it wasn’t possible because of safety concerns.”
There is encouragement from the successful re-start of the Bundesliga at the weekend and with games being played at home stadiums and without fans congregating it will, hopefully, lower the demands for Premier League matches to be played at neutral venues. “That is helpful and it does add confidence that it can be achievable in this country,” Masters said.
Masters also confirmed that, with two Premier League meetings planned for next week – on Tuesday and Thursday – Monday’s deadline to inform Uefa on plans to finish the season was flexible especially as the proposed June 12 re-start date is only a “staging post” with June 19, at the earliest, far more likely. “I never really saw that (May 25) as a hard deadline. They (Uefa) are very much aware of where we are as a League,” Masters said.
Meanwhile a survey of 138 Premier League and English Football League doctors and physiotherapists found more than half “do not fully understand their roles, responsibilities and potential liabilities” regarding the return to training. The survey was carried out by the Football Medicine and Performance Association (FMPA).

Troy Deeney ain't too happy about going back. He is refusing to based on BAME propensity and his baby son having breathing difficulties.

Last edited:
Troy Deeney ain't too happy about going back. He is refusing to based on BAME propensity and his baby daughter having breathing difficulties.

He's being paid. Assuming he is working in a safe environment then he should report for work. If he is designated "at risk" then it is a different story.

Planning for a start of a NEW season seems much more sensible
Agree entirely Greavesie that that should be the sensible thing to do. Maybe find a way to play the two matches outstanding that would level everybody up on games played, and then call it a day. There do seem however to be too many forces at play that want to see the season completed. I don't believe that that will happen.

I still think it's madness to resume, but without there are around 45% of PL clubs who are unlikely to survive, it's now crystal clear, no football, no second media payment - that said, the PL does have the capacity to borrow a significant sum that would be able to fill most, but not all of the end of season financial gap - but what it won't do is be able to fund transfer payments, so that will kill the big transfer spends stone dead in much of europe.

Still haven't heard one valid reason why the season should restart.

I hear that it's for the moral of the country or that they are getting regular tests as the valid reasons.

Well I haven't missed the game and it won't do jack for my moral, it will just wind me up they are getting special treatment.

Why should footballers get special treatment with testing when millions of businesses are going out of business? Why can't a restaurant or pub get the same treatment?

I would get more satisfaction by going to a restaurant with friends than the Premiership coming back.

Greavsie is right this is all about money and it's huge double standards from the government.

As far as I'm concerned it's fair game for mates to go and play football down the local park now.

I still think it's madness to resume, but without there are around 45% of PL clubs who are unlikely to survive, it's now crystal clear, no football, no second media payment - that said, the PL does have the capacity to borrow a significant sum that would be able to fill most, but not all of the end of season financial gap - but what it won't do is be able to fund transfer payments, so that will kill the big transfer spends stone dead in much of europe.

Millions of businesses are going under, if any football club goes under so be it.

A ball in the back of the net is not an essential job. It's a luxury.