Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread

Didn't watch the Wolves game, but it sounds like he was greatly improved?
Not from what I saw . Positioning is still poor . Reaction time and management of the area still needs work .
I actually do think he could and should have saved Traore’s shot if he had been in the right position . But that’s just my opinion , which as we all know , counts for nothing .
we will see if Jose thinks he is doing alright or not . I cannot see him pussyfooting about with this position longer than he needs to .

Doesn’t know he can use his hands

It was a horrible moment in Gazza's career. The way his brain computed the scenario seems to show he couldn't judge the pace of the ball played, had no clue where his 18 yard box was and was slow reacting to the situation. The worse bit is he thought like an outfield player, not a GK and went with his feet, not his hands. The only scrap of support I can give him is perhaps he thought the long ball would have exposed them. That is totally clutching at straws though.

It was a horrible moment in Gazza's career. The way his brain computed the scenario seems to show he couldn't judge the pace of the ball played, had no clue where his 18 yard box was and was slow reacting to the situation. The worse bit is he thought like an outfield player, not a GK and went with his feet, not his hands. The only scrap of support I can give him is perhaps he thought the long ball would have exposed them. That is totally clutching at straws though.

He got away with doing the same at OT as well.

I think he is just a coward, scared to get hurt.

Good keeper but he's not our number 1, maybe a half decent number 2.

If he's happy with it we should be looking to sell Hugo, buy a new number 1 and keep him as back up.

Good keeper but he's not our number 1, maybe a half decent number 2.

If he's happy with it we should be looking to sell Hugo, buy a new number 1 and keep him as back up.

How is he good?

In the Premiership era for us who has been worse than this joker?

You can't name one because he is the worst by a million miles.

You fans defending this guy need to wake the hell up.

He was doing alright for us until Poch got sacked and he has looked like he is waiting to get sacked himself since then. This has shown his weak mentality. He never gonna be good enough.

He has had A good run, had his chances, didn't take them, being in Vorm and hurry back hugo....
Agree Total Except about playing Vorm . He isn’t going to be fit , even keepers need match fitness of some sort .
Hugo seriously worries me when he is passed fit to come back into the reckoning .
The goalkeeper position us just another very serious concern for us
IMO

He will be a damn good backup to our starter whether that is Lloris or whoever...this is valuable experience.