Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread

Another 2 goals I’m putting down to him

You would. How about the gaping hole created in the middle of the pitch for the Norwich players to run into unopposed, due to Ndom and Eriksen coughing up possession. Meanwhile, Toby is backing off giving the attacker more time to pick his spot. How is that solely Gazzaniga's fault?

You would. How about the gaping hole created in the middle of the pitch for the Norwich players to run into unopposed, due to Ndom and Eriksen coughing up possession. Meanwhile, Toby is backing off giving the attacker more time to pick his spot. How is that solely Gazzaniga's fault?

Sorry, I expected to much for a goal keeper to stop a shot directly at him.

Shoots happen in games

It’s 100 percent his fault

Gazza's copping a lot of unnecessary flack on here, he did alright today.

How so?

At fault for at least 1 goal

Refuses to leave his line even for balls in 6 yard box

Zero communication.

Did he make 1 save?

I blame the breakdown in MF which Richmond has already highlighted & then i blame Aurier for just being Aurier.

So you don’t expect a keeper to stop a shot directly at him from out side the area

Ask yourself why Serge is having to deal with a ball into the box that close to the goal, any decent keeper communicates with the defender and takes the easy claim.

So you don’t expect a keeper to stop a shot directly at him from out side the area

Ask yourself why Serge is having to deal with a ball into the box that close to the goal, any decent keeper communicates with the defender and takes the easy claim.
I believe he would have claimed the ball only he was afraid of taking out Aurier. Of course i would've prerred it if he had done so & saved myself & countless others a blinding headache everytime i see the man's stupid face.

I believe he would have claimed the ball only he was afraid of taking out Aurier. Of course i would've prerred it if he had done so & saved myself & countless others a blinding headache everytime i see the man's stupid face.

Again. A good keeper would.

But as we have already seen he’s not a brave keeper either.

Again. A good keeper would.

But as we have already seen he’s not a brave keeper either.
The lad's been placed in a difficult position. He's certainly no Hugo but he isn't a complete shambles either as many have been saying. Given the circumstances we find ourselves in i believe he's the least of our troubles.

The reasoning behind his infamous karate kick will forever bewilder me. Now that was a shocking piece of keeping.

The lad's been placed in a difficult position. He's certainly no Hugo but he isn't a complete shambles either as many have been saying. Given the circumstances we find ourselves in i believe he's the least of our troubles.

The reasoning behind his infamous karate kick will forever bewilder me. Now that was a shocking piece of keeping.

I don’t blame him, if you are going to be given a pay rise and be promoted above your station would you say no?

Mopo “can’t improve the squad” the clown signed him - it’s on him

I don’t blame him, if you are going to be given a pay rise and be promoted above your station would you say no?

Mopo “can’t improve the squad” the clown signed him - it’s on him
I think he's got a safe pair of hands which makes the Chelski incident even more bizarre. He should work on his positioning however as he's been found wanting on a couple of occasions. Barring that i think he'd done alright tbh.

I think he's got a safe pair of hands which makes the Chelski incident even more bizarre. He should work on his positioning however as he's been found wanting on a couple of occasions. Barring that i think he'd done alright tbh.

Have to disagree.

I’ve seen nothing close to safe hands mainly because anything either side of he doesn’t get near!

I actually don't see the point of talking about the defence and midfield with regards to assessing Gazza. They are mutually exclusive.

Gazza had a clear sight of the shot for the first goal and failed to save it even though it was nowhere near the corner. I'm not necessarily expecting him to save all these goals but he is getting nowhere near them. It's as bad as it was when we had a 40 year old Brad in goal with his slow reactions. His balance also seems all wrong and his positioning is questionable.

Agree with RD about the communication piece as well. You can tell just watching on TV that the calming influence of Hugo behind the back four has gone. A GK should be seeing everything in front of him and advising his back four. I don't see that.