Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

Paulo Gazzaniga - Player Thread

I actually don't see the point of talking about the defence and midfield with regards to assessing Gazza. They are mutually exclusive.

Gazza had a clear sight of the shot for the first goal and failed to save it even though it was nowhere near the corner. I'm not necessarily expecting him to save all these goals but he is getting nowhere near them. It's as bad as it was when we had a 40 year old Brad in goal with his slow reactions. His balance also seems all wrong and his positioning is questionable.

Agree with RD about the communication piece as well. You can tell just watching on TV that the calming influence of Hugo behind the back four has gone. A GK should be seeing everything in front of him and advising his back four. I don't see that.

Im not taking all the blame from Serge, but the first again Chelsea and the second last night you could see Gazza didnt say a word.

He simply isn't a pure shot stopper and doesn't command the box. I will say he is gaining serious experience though and would be a damn fine #2 to whoever our starter will be.

Im not taking all the blame from Serge, but the first again Chelsea and the second last night you could see Gazza didnt say a word.

After the second there is only one thing he could say ,,,, Serge you c--t.
Toby had it covered , had Gazza rushed put he may have hampered that.

I have watched to Aurier own goal a few times.....Gazza had no chance whatsoever.

Agree.

Watch it again and give me your assessment of Moura's role in the goal. It clearly wasn't written into his Spurs contract that he has to go with runners or protect his full-back, even with fresh legs. He's almost back on the half way line when Aurier scores the OG.

This is the disease that is rife in our club at the moment and some really tough love is needed on players like Moura.

Another 2 goals he is very weak on.

Get in a champ keeper.

I just saw a saves video of him. As I was bored I wasted 12 plus minutes of my life.

It's easy to see why his saves % is so high. Easily over half are shot right at him. He fumbles quite a lot of them too. Some are mid height lower corner shots. Standard saves.

I counted 2 out of close to 60 shots that were very good saves. The rest were literally saves any Pro GK should be making.

It's time to sign the next best up and coming Goal Keeper. No guarantee Hugo will come back yet either.

Onana of Ajax, Lafont of Nantes, Donnarumma of Milan, Meret of Napoli look the best out there.

A shame Nubel of Schalke has just signed for Bayern. He is a top GK.

There was a massive hint dropped in the Jose press conference this week. It was all about Lloris and him being a fantastic talker as the last line of defence. I felt it was as much aimed at Gazza not being up to scratch in that area.

I bet Jose can't wait to get that calm voice back.

I just saw a saves video of him. As I was bored I wasted 12 plus minutes of my life.

It's easy to see why his saves % is so high. Easily over half are shot right at him. He fumbles quite a lot of them too. Some are mid height lower corner shots. Standard saves.

I counted 2 out of close to 60 shots that were very good saves. The rest were literally saves any Pro GK should be making.

It's time to sign the next best up and coming Goal Keeper. No guarantee Hugo will come back yet either.

Onana of Ajax, Lafont of Nantes, Donnarumma of Milan, Meret of Napoli look the best out there.

A shame Nubel of Schalke has just signed for Bayern. He is a top GK.

We would have at least 5 points for if it wasn’t for him.

There was a massive hint dropped in the Jose press conference this week. It was all about Lloris and him being a fantastic talker as the last line of defence. I felt it was as much aimed at Gazza not being up to scratch in that area.

I bet Jose can't wait to get that calm voice back.

Stays on his line, till the 1 in 100 times he comes rushing out to kick the ball in his box.

Defenders have no idea what to do.

Another goal he didn't move for. I have never seen a GK just not move for so many goals conceded.

I have noticed he tends to plant the wrong leg on a lot of these goals meaning he doesn't have the time or momentum to move quick enough.

An inch to the left and he saves Firmino goal. He is such a frustrating GK.

Another goal he didn't move for. I have never seen a GK just not move for so many goals conceded.

I have noticed he tends to plant the wrong leg on a lot of these goals meaning he doesn't have the time or momentum to move quick enough.

An inch to the left and he saves Firmino goal. He is such a frustrating GK.

Doesnt even react to close down the angle - complete wasteman

all his "fantastic saves" were bog standard

also the shot in the first minute goes through him

I was thinking during the game how Peter Schmeichel would have reacted as Firminho shaped to shoot. He would have made his body as big as possible and taken a step forward. He might not have saved it, but it wouldn't have looked so damn easy.

I'm not sure we need any more evidence or convincing that Gazza is not a PL keeper or of the standard we need. I dont think Lloris is either !!

I was thinking during the game how Peter Schmeichel would have reacted as Firminho shaped to shoot. He would have made his body as big as possible and taken a step forward. He might not have saved it, but it wouldn't have looked so damn easy.

Even does a hand gesture to point the direction where to put it.
I'm not sure we need any more evidence or convincing that Gazza is not a PL keeper or of the standard we need. I dont think Lloris is either !!

Lloris is fine.

He just doesn’t have a clue where the posts are or how to close down the angle. Or ,as you say , make himself bigger . I’ve never seen him attack the ball ........... oh yeah , he did once, against the chavs ,. That worked out well

Doesnt even react to close down the angle - complete wasteman

all his "fantastic saves" were bog standard

also the shot in the first minute goes through him

Out of the two big saves one was right at him the other if he was in the right position in the first place he would have been able to catch the ball. Instead he parried it right into the penalty area. 🤦‍♂️