Oxford tomorrow | Vital Football

Oxford tomorrow

TRUE BELIEVER

Vital Football Hero
Anyone want to talk about the game tomorrow instead of our off field problems.

Looks like Tilt will be alongside Obi at the back and Palmer will be back in midfield. Gardner has also been passed fit and could play on the left.

Any other suggestions?

Big Joe hat trick. Three Bart Latics.
With everything else going on we almost forget there's a season going on.
Bring on the Spanish and hopefully an end to Covid (more importantly) then hopefully we can save this season, but as we know the season only starts in February.

Last edited:
Seems people are more interested in the off pitch goings on than the fact we have a game tomorrow.

Further info is that LR has not been taking training over the last couple of days due to family reasons. Hope everything is ok for him.

Gregor Rioch looks to be in charge.

As a fact check Oxford haven't beaten us since 1983 seven games, 1 draw and six wins. Not a bad record, hope we maintain it.

A nice little update on Gregor Rioch.

Anyone else think he was desperately trying not to say some things.

I for one certainly don’t think he was saying “the players were buoyant, and happy as a direct result of that miserable little sod’s departure” .....oh dear me no .....certainly not

I’ll probably invest the tenner again ....I’m hopeful for something better, the younger players are gradually getting more experienced.
We really must stop giving freebies away at the back and we have a chance.
Oxford stunk the place out midweek and Robinson lashed them ....so let’s hope their player‘s ‘reaction‘ is like our lads response to Smiler Sheridan.

We need a WIN, not just for the points, but to stop the rot of losing
and put some confidence in the team and lift the spirit of the fans,
who can talk about something positive for a change.

Can't see a win just yet, but I'll take a draw.
Thank goodness Winnall is injured, bit of a mismatch against Obi, although I have hopes that the young man will come good in time.
I'll pay my tenner and look for positives, irrespective of result.

Paid my tenner and hoping for either 1 or 3 points. The Oxford supporter on PWU podcast didn't sound too positive. Seems as though Robinson doesn't have Plan B or C.

Can't see a win just yet, but I'll take a draw.
Thank goodness Winnall is injured, bit of a mismatch against Obi, although I have hopes that the young man will come good in time.
I'll pay my tenner and look for positives, irrespective of result.
Sam Winnall? Surely not? How much are they paying him?

I don't think Rioch said anything that was particularly telling about Sheridan going. It was the generic type of think a caretaker would say after a string of bad results.

Gary Roberts was defending Sheridan on his way out the door when fans were slating him when he had nothing to gain by doing so. There is no doubt Sheridan wasn't getting results and the players weren't playing well but i'm not sure it was down to losing the dressing room. Think it was probably more down to substandard players making basic mistakes every games and a sub standard manager not able to fix the problems.