Overweight people | Page 4 | Vital Football

Overweight people

Disability is not always in the legs.

Anyway, I take offence at this thread.

I feel victimised and bullied and... Oooh cake..

I work with someone who is 23 stone.

She complains about being fat whilst drinking high sugar drinks and eating chocolate, crisps and cake.

Trekker - 1/7/2013 23:01

I work with someone who is 23 stone.

She complains about being fat whilst drinking high sugar drinks and eating chocolate, crisps and cake.

A good example of the vicious circle that has been spoken about Trekker.

So long as she doesnt get victimised and she gets support as and when she needs it (eg. encouragement to help her through tough times, as opposed to a winch to help her up) then everything should be okay.

Encouragement as in everyone standing around cheering and saying 'come on fatty, you can eat another cake, we know you can do it'

?

:17:

Genuinely though, she is depressed because she's fat, and she eats because she's depressed.
These people are just as much victims as anyone else with physical and/or mental disabilities. Taking the piss out of them is not going to resolve their issues.

But Mr Blobby was just sooooo funny and that is what they have modeled themselves on.

Oh and the word 'victim'

It is the modern poor me generation, excuses, excuses, excuses, everyone says 'poor you dear' and become enablers.

James06 - 2/7/2013 10:50

Taking the piss out of them is not going to resolve their issues.

No, more exercise and less eating will do that. :17: :17:

I could put my over eating/weight problems down to a very shit childhood.

but I've not been a child for 12 years now so it's def down to being lazy and greedy.

It don't help that I'm so good looking and still pull chicks and have landed girlfriend after girlfriend and now very happy with a fiancé and a baby..

I tend not to get on the scales anymore because the scales don't measure sexy.

Prepared - 1/7/2013 22:49

Disability is not always in the legs.

Anyway, I take offence at this thread.

I feel victimised and bullied and... Oooh cake..

No disability isn't always in the legs but its only right to assume if you have a motability car and are in possession of a blue disabled parking badge your disability has an adverse affect on your ability to walk

yeah, but to be fair it isn't always strength of legs (ie mine often look fine and dandy then they start gimping and people think I'm drunk!)

But also severe asthmatics etc, obviously they can move their legs normally but can't walk far due to the limitations of the condition.

It is the cashpoint cripples that do my nut in!

Attachments

• disabled.jpg
    disabled.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Oh and on the point of disability, it is often easier in a more upright type of car, like the 4x4's than the lower cars that can be hard to climb out of when the legs aren't right!

Only wimps suffer from asthma and hay fever

I have said your ability to walk not merely bad legs there is a world of difference

My GF suffered a stroke, she could have a badge if she wanted even though she is mobile and can use both legs fine.

SKEGGY - 2/7/2013 11:17

I have said your ability to walk not merely bad legs there is a world of difference

Asthma is a killer.

Bad legs are not.

They are if you have a leg spasm up a ladder.

Prep because she's had a stroke it doesn't automatically entitle her to anything. It's how the stroke affects her ability to walk. Someone may have lost a leg but with an artificial leg can walk miles but someone with a bad knee might be unable to walk more than 50 metres. One would qualify they other wouldn't

James06 - 2/7/2013 11:48

SKEGGY - 2/7/2013 11:17

Asthma is a killer.

Bad legs are not.

They can be Jim. Mr K has a recurring condition connected to his diabetus called cellulitus that is a disease of the skin. He has had to be treated for it in hospital last year. Not treated and he dies. It also affect his walking

Yeah but surely it's the diabetes that could kill him, or the skin rashes becoming infected, which would more likely lead to amputation before death.

Whereas one asthma attack and you can be brown bread.

Asthma suffers were always the fat wheeze kid who couldn't play football when I was at school!