Overweight people | Page 6 | Vital Football

Overweight people

James06 - 3/7/2013 12:37

kefkat - 3/7/2013 12:20

my 2nd son is viral asthmatic and has no problem with his weight. Infact when his bi-polar is unstable he loses weight because he can't eat, which he can't afford to.

Couldnt you give him some grub if he's struggling?

or even just a quid for a bag of chips?

Haha badly worded by me. Should have said 'he can't afford to lose weight' The other part I was being pedantic

Skeggy 3 of us have health problems. The other 3 are fine, meaning there is only 1 of my youngsters that has health problems

James06 - 3/7/2013 12:28

Whether or not your legs worked or not, it would be the bus that killed you, would it not.

I doubt a coroner would say ''death was caused by a stray bullet from a bank robber's gun. Mr Jones was in the bank paying his tv licence therefore some of the responsibility for his death must be blamed on the BBC.''

Do you not remember studying the law of tort, James, and the concept of "causation"? There are lawyers out there who might fancy having a pop at the BBC.

kefkat - 4/7/2013 08:38

James06 - 3/7/2013 12:37

kefkat - 3/7/2013 12:20

my 2nd son is viral asthmatic and has no problem with his weight. Infact when his bi-polar is unstable he loses weight because he can't eat, which he can't afford to.

Couldnt you give him some grub if he's struggling?

or even just a quid for a bag of chips?

Haha badly worded by me. Should have said 'he can't afford to lose weight' The other part I was being pedantic

Skeggy 3 of us have health problems. The other 3 are fine, meaning there is only 1 of my youngsters that has health problems

Haha, I'm glad to hear that half of you are alright. I was beginning to think your family was the one all those Romanians are writing about.

Genuine question/request Carol. I need some money mangement tips from you. Me and my mrs both work full time and there is no way we could afford 3 weeks in Kefalonia.

How do you do it?

£1200 self catering Jim for 3 weeks in Kefelonia where we go. Spread that over a year is just over £20-00 a week which we put away and pay off the holiday to the travel company once a month. 3 weeks is cheaper than 2 weeks with the deal we get. We don't go in school time either which makes it cheaper.

Holiday spending money = all change in a jar at the end of the day and my Hub puts away money each week for it.

We are also doing an extra envelope of £10 per week which will be over 2 years to go and see my daughter in Canada next year all being well.

Same applies with spending money.

Remember Jim we don't drink. Neither of us do. Neither of us smoke now so that saves a wad also. If we drunk we couldn't afford holiday/s. If we hadn't have stopped smoking we would be struggling to to go away.

What does the average drinker spend on a night out per week? It costs less than half of that for our holidays from what I have been told of the cost of a night out per week.

We lead simple lives at home. We don't spend extravagantly and budget for everything we have.

If you want to go abroad look round the net. There are great deals for families with children. Often the families deals include children going free. Going for 2-3 weeks is cheaper than a week.

When you have got some average prices budget it over 52 weeks and put that money away. The airports are full of people traveling with children who use this type of formula to go away.

It is cheaper to go abroad than holiday in this country.

When you budget in for spending money remember you will already have so much of your weekly food electric and gas allowance. If your not using it at home then that is already spending money for abroad to use.

I wouldn't go anywhere that wasn't self catering. All inclusive ties you to times and their food. If you don't like the food you are stuck. If you buy your own and make it or eat out then you have your own choice.

Oh and P.S. The other thing we save on too is we don't own a car. We don't need 1. Wanting and needing are 2 different things. We can hire if we genuinely need too for a specific reason. Otherwise tax's etc. over a week budget to running a car work out far cheaper if we need to go anywhere specific.

We also in a car type of pool for shopping etc. sort of thing.

We can afford because of where we choose to spend our money. There is 3 things we DON'T do that cost which are drinking/smoking and running a car. They still work out more expensive than our holidays

I hope that helps anyone who would love to go abroad and thinks they can't. It's looking at where you can save money and the things you do or don't.

I get exactly the same question from alot of people I know out of virtual world and this is the same type stock answer I give.

We know people who moan yet go down the pub every weekend. We don't.

It's where a person chooses to spend their money. I know Jim you will have more expense with having young children. Mind you having said that mine still think we are ATM's they can borrow off anytime any place. I still get cries of Mom can you help from the 2 living abroad.

Skype, mobiles and technology have made that easy..

We hardly ever eat or drink out (and never drink in the house), we dont smoke and I bet our 1 year old doesnt get through anywhere near as much grub as your son(s).

Dont get me wrong we could scrape together 20 quid a week, but neither of our jobs would allow for a three week vacation anyway.

We also havent got a 'house full of technology' like you say you have.

I honestly dont know how you do it.

We both have good professional careers and above average incomes, but once you take out the mortgage, the bills, nursery fees, cars and food - there isnt much left to play with.

James06 - 4/7/2013 15:29

We hardly ever eat or drink out (and never drink in the house), we dont smoke and I bet our 1 year old doesnt get through anywhere near as much grub as your son(s).

Dont get me wrong we could scrape together 20 quid a week, but neither of our jobs would allow for a three week vacation anyway.

We also havent got a 'house full of technology' like you say you have.

I honestly dont know how you do it.

We both have good professional careers and above average incomes, but once you take out the mortgage, the bills, nursery fees, cars and food - there isnt much left to play with.

There is a few answers you have given yourself: You have 2 cars, obviously you need and nursery fees. We also don't pay for the upkeep IE clothes etc for the youngsters anymore as they are all grown. Those are a few things we don't have to pay for, you do. I didn't have holidays when the children were young abroad.

Also our lads have never not paid there way at home. They contribute weekly towards there keep for food, bills. They don't pay rent. Just lodge, hence why neither have been in a hurry to leave home. Damo has only just left properly recently to live in Sheffield where he now works

It's only the running costs and maintenance for the cars (there is no finance payments), so it's gonna be a similar figure to using other means of transport when it comes to expenditure. When i last purchased a transport pass it was bloody expensive I seem to remember (over 100 quid a month)

Therefore we pay nursery fees, in addition to what you pay out.

But your bills and general expenditure must be much higher than ours? More washing/drying, more food, more tech etc...

Even taking into consideration the contribution from you sons, that surely doesnt compare to the money we bring in from our salaries.

And back to wobble bottoms please folks.

I was enjoying watching the fatty fat fats justify why they are all wobbly.

I will inbox you Jim. I am not discussing any more of our finances on a public page than I already have. I am not comfortable with doing it publicly for the world and his wife to see. I have given more info here than I want to as it is. Finances are personal.

Back to wobble bottoms yes JF. Got to keep the gaffer happy ;o)

James06 - 4/7/2013 23:47

It's only the running costs and maintenance for the cars (there is no finance payments), so it's gonna be a similar figure to using other means of transport when it comes to expenditure. When i last purchased a transport pass it was bloody expensive I seem to remember (over 100 quid a month)

Therefore we pay nursery fees, in addition to what you pay out.

But your bills and general expenditure must be much higher than ours? More washing/drying, more food, more tech etc...

Even taking into consideration the contribution from you sons, that surely doesnt compare to the money we bring in from our salaries.

James06, one thing you need to include in your calculations and comparisons with public transport is the depreciation on the cars. Cars depreciate almost as quickly as software. In Australia, a new $30,000 car depreciates by almost 20% in the 1st year, and by 50% or more of total value after 5 or 6 years. Some car makes have better resale value than others of course, but these figures would probably ring true on average.

And back on topic - of course overweight people use more fuel getting from point A to B in their vehicle!

And take up more space in the shops Frankus, so really they should be charged a little bit more for what they buy than we are?!? :14:

On the other hand, overweight people tend not to live as long and are less of a drain on the exchequer in terms of pension payments.

Yes but ware and tare on pavements etc BBJ, they are heavier so damage more stuff whilst they are about!