Overweight people | Page 3 | Vital Football

Overweight people

Vill57 shine them locks and show em off like Brad pitt does cos i would if i still had hair at the front of my head where it died and retreated a couple of years back when the misses shaved my head one summer and it never came back, i reckon she did something the evil thing

What i would do aswell is wet my hair in the swimming pool and do one of them slow motion hair flicking moments as i rose out of the water arrr them was the days ;(

What irritates me is that bulimia and anorexia are treated with sympathy and empathy but obesity is sneered at as if they should just eat less!

I'm not saying that overweight people aren't to blame for their problems but surely there is more to it than simple greed! Nothing is black and white.

My sister, rest her soul, was a schizophrenic and the taboo around that illness is second to none. Drugs is to blame the doctors said, it had to be drugs I mean why would anyone simply become mental? Well that was the attitude that we came up against in the late 90's, hopefully it's moved on.

People can be sectioned for being mentally ill and being a danger to themselves, in some cases anorexia and bulimia but not extreme obesity?

Being morbidly obese is as dangerous as being anorexic and all things being equal should be covered by the same mental health laws, in my opinion.

Thats an eye opening good post and points facehead actually, not thought of it like that but yes there are certain illness's that are not taken as serious or classed as needing help for as others,

I think depression is bigger than many think in these hurried and rush rush times i call them, i mean everything is panic rush hustle n bustle no time for anyhting the time in the day just seems to go, you go shopping que after que people whacking into you with there trolley's you drive and people want to race and push you it seems to make you go faster, its all gone loopy imo thats whats causing the depression states of people im damn sure of it!

I know what you mean, certain people deal badly with certain situations (you obviously don't like queues lol) and it has a knock on effect.

I see the problems, we can't deal with crime say, in the empathetic way that we can with other social stigmas. But we are becoming a more intelligent society (slowly) and we need to understand that people don't choose to rob banks any more than someone chooses to become 50 stone and incapacitated.

I grew up with right wing attitudes but left to my own devices I am moving my thoughts very central and my tolerance level is increasing, I'm not preaching simply relaying my opinions.

Depression is an awful thing and needs to be taken more seriously, there should be psychiatrists employed at local surgery's to help people with their mental problems.

A lot of people 'comfort eat' in times of stress or depression. It's no myth that women hammer the chocolate at certain times of the month, my sister in law was telling me that they even include this inevitability with the diet programme she attends.
I therefore agree with the above posts, and moreso that if people do so, they should not be harassed, mocked and blamed.

thefacehead - 29/6/2013 20:06

What irritates me is that bulimia and anorexia are treated with sympathy and empathy but obesity is sneered at as if they should just eat less!

I'm not saying that overweight people aren't to blame for their problems but surely there is more to it than simple greed! Nothing is black and white.

My sister, rest her soul, was a schizophrenic and the taboo around that illness is second to none. Drugs is to blame the doctors said, it had to be drugs I mean why would anyone simply become mental? Well that was the attitude that we came up against in the late 90's, hopefully it's moved on.

People can be sectioned for being mentally ill and being a danger to themselves, in some cases anorexia and bulimia but not extreme obesity?

Being morbidly obese is as dangerous as being anorexic and all things being equal should be covered by the same mental health laws, in my opinion.

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: Well said. Alot of people don't have a good relationship with food, either by comfort eating or going the other way and becoming bulimic/anorexic.

1 problem I have never had is bulimia/anorexia thank God. I have had enough sh*t to deal with without that. I could never become bulimic as being sick terrifies me, I kid you not.

I am so rarely sick when it happens I get panic attacks. Anyway off that gross topic and onward.

At my lowest weight I was 7 & a half stone. No I wasn't anorexic. The extreme continuous stress I was under after fleeing the ex I burnt energy. I did eat, though not well, however I was on a constant 4th gear plus and my weight just plummeted from 8 & a half stone.

Today I am a tad overweight. I am now back healthy eating since we have been on holidays and got that back in balance again and feel better for it. Want to shift some access weight this year however that is for the weight loss thread.

Dealt with the smoking. That's over a year. Now it's time to shift some weight which won't be easy with my health issues however when I put my mind to something I follow through

Ooooh boo hooo. Poor people and their food addictions.

What a wispy washy liberal lefty load of crap!

People just stuff their faces then whinge and whine and pour their fat onto disability scooters with half their belly covering the steering wheel.

Enough of the psycho babble. Eat less, move more, you'll be fine.

Sit and stuff your piggy face like a piggy in pig land and you'll be a big fatty fat fat from fats vile.

:56:

(That looks like it was answering kefkat, it wasn't, it was to all you fat bastards)

:15: :19:

The Fear - 30/6/2013 19:40

Ooooh boo hooo. Poor people and their food addictions.

What a wispy washy liberal lefty load of crap!

People just stuff their faces then whinge and whine and pour their fat onto disability scooters with half their belly covering the steering wheel.

Enough of the psycho babble. Eat less, move more, you'll be fine.

Sit and stuff your piggy face like a piggy in pig land and you'll be a big fatty fat fat from fats vile.

:56:

:19: I don't mind if i do, now back to these iced ringed donuts from Morrisons one four pack for me, and a biscuit each for the kids :5:

Huh well thats what you get for being fitter and healthier, no pain no gain as they say, oh i hope thats recycled Cardboard with a non carbon footprint :14:

:19: Thats just it face dude, Fear has the knack of bullying without offending or upsetting us fatty's i mean well built blokes, and its the same as someone who is about to rob you if they smile and are polite about it somehow its not as bad,,,catch my drift :17:

I saw lots of people in mobility scooters today, been into Skegness. All were incredibly fat, most were eating! Spooky how these things are connected

Talking of mobility scooters Skeg have you or anyone seen the so called disabled people who have these brand new jeeps like Range Rovers etc and you see them jumping out of these things whilst holding there walking sticks under there arms lol i have to laff as you see there diabled badge stickers in the windowns of these brand new jeeps yet can climb in and out of them better than i could lol