Overweight people | Page 2 | Vital Football

Overweight people

Villan Of The North - 28/6/2013 10:42

Frankus - 28/6/2013 05:05

Kefkat - thyroid issues can also affect weightloss - i.e. hyperthyroidism.

And indeed hypothyroidism.

Yeah! You can either have an under active or over active thyroid issue

What worries me is the fascination in todays media drivern world in what other people want to do, eat, drive, live you name it there is always someone who thinks someone should not do this or that,

I say if we all concentrated on our own lives we would all be better for it, my nan and grandad was both big always worked eat well my grandad smoked 40 park drive a day and he died 82 years old not from smoking,

My mate from school never smoked drunk heavily nor swore he was gentle polite passed all his uni exams and died of cancer after a long running battle in the end at the age of 21 bless his soul, so dieting exercise vitamin pills does not gurantee anything as my nan used to say, when your numbers up is your time,

Just wish people in todays world would realise there will always be big little small tall people for as long as mankind exists,

But there is an epidemic of man made illnesses now from poor diet, sugar loaded foods. Obesity is massively on the increase and therefore so is the burden on the NHS and DHSS or whatever the dole organisation is called these days.

And yes, there are extreme cases, for instance me at 21 fit as a fiddle, training, sport, loving life and boom, brain aches.

But that really really really is an aside to the modern weight problem.

I would say 3/4 of the folks up in the redditch shopping centre today were at best overweight and a good few obese. Plus a few going around on mobility scooters. Not sure when eating yourself stupid became a disability to be honest.

Speaking from someone who wishes getting rid of brain aches apwas as easy as shutting your mouth a little more and using your legs a little more!

And yes, SOME over weight people are because of health issues. I bet the percentage is pretty low though.

One illness people do have these days is excusivitus. (Making excuses!!!!)

ClivetheVillan - 28/6/2013 20:37

What worries me is the fascination in todays media drivern world in what other people want to do, eat, drive, live you name it there is always someone who thinks someone should not do this or that,

I say if we all concentrated on our own lives we would all be better for it, my nan and grandad was both big always worked eat well my grandad smoked 40 park drive a day and he died 82 years old not from smoking,

My mate from school never smoked drunk heavily nor swore he was gentle polite passed all his uni exams and died of cancer after a long running battle in the end at the age of 21 bless his soul, so dieting exercise vitamin pills does not gurantee anything as my nan used to say, when your numbers up is your time,

Just wish people in todays world would realise there will always be big little small tall people for as long as mankind exists,

:1: :1: :1:

Absolutely correct Clive. Sometimes people carry on as if people can live forever and we can't. We can help ourselves yes but as you say people will live as long as they live.

I have no regrets that my Mom life was saved in 1996 by her surgeon when she had bladder cancer. Mom had another 14 years. She didn't die of cancer. She was 85 and had dementia. Horrible way to see her go.

Whilst that has gone off the subject of being overweight yes I do believe to when you time is up it is up

The way i have decided to live life is help others if you can and if they want it, you can not stop people doing what they want to do Fear, we can shout point fingers blame etc but they will do what they want to if they enjoy it,

Howe many of them people you saw in Redditch walking round overweight eat cos they enjoy it or comfort eat due to other illness or losing a loved one some are greedy but its there right, we all need to take a step back and realise the web/media has made the world seem smaller so things get noticed far more,

I ain't defending overweight people im saying isn't it our right in a supposedly free democratic society in which case if an adult wants to enjoy life they have a right too, we all make mistakes or do thongs done things we wished/shouldn't have sometime in life but some will make out they never have or will thats all,

I say ''live and let live'' and let adults decide there own things, when it comes to the NHS and the drain on it i can see that side of the argument but that would mean also people that weight train or jog should be classed as a drain as they are prone to heart attacks or people that fly a lot or ride motor cycles are all a risk and will need the hospital for what they love to do and choose to do in life, this is my opinion anyway

kefkat - 28/6/2013 20:48

ClivetheVillan - 28/6/2013 20:37

:1: :1: :1:

Absolutely correct Clive. Sometimes people carry on as if people can live forever and we can't. We can help ourselves yes but as you say people will live as long as they live.

I have no regrets that my Mom life was saved in 1996 by her surgeon when she had bladder cancer. Mom had another 14 years. She didn't die of cancer. She was 85 and had dementia. Horrible way to see her go.

Whilst that has gone off the subject of being overweight yes I do believe to when you time is up it is up

KK Glad you got that extra precious time with your mom,

Thats just it we have to want to help ourselves as in life some do some don't, i don't buy into all this ''lack of education'' crap the government keeps waisting money on advertising etc

People ain't as dumb as they think just some want to do what they want to do while they are here, and who are we to dictate to them what we think they should be doing with there life?

Nah for me this media driven world we live in is too prying and we need to focus more on whats really important ourselves rather than others,

I was once told a story about a bloke who travelled to see a wise doctor to ask him how he could ensure he'd live til was 100.
The doctor told him to eat healthily, go to bed early, not to drink, smoke, take drugs or indeed any risks. To stay close to home, exercise routinely and not do anything that could cause stress.
The man thanked him for the advice and said "and if I do these things I will live to 100?"
To which the doctor replied "I'm not sure, but it'll certainly feel like it!!!"

James06 - 28/6/2013 22:40

I was once told a story about a bloke who travelled to see a wise doctor to ask him how he could ensure he'd live til was 100.
The doctor told him to eat healthily, go to bed early, not to drink, smoke, take drugs or indeed any risks. To stay close to home, exercise routinely and not do anything that could cause stress.
The man thanked him for the advice and said "and if I do these things I will live to 100?"
To which the doctor replied "I'm not sure, but it'll certainly feel like it!!!"
Excellent

ASPINALL - 28/6/2013 23:04

Fat people should be shot.

No excuse.

Give you an example as to why that ain't a good thing lol

My grandad who was a big bloke (very) worked on the rolling mills in enginerring, til he retired in his 60's in the 90's but what he did was bike every day about 4 miles to work and back to teach the apprentice's for free how to do the job which the owner of the work was grateful for as he passed on his knowledge to them and he did this until his hip wore out and he could not get about no more as the doctor told him to stop biking to work due to his hip,

Now because my grandad smoked heavily and was big be shot lol

Some people are naturally big ive seen it freinds and family they are on the go all the time but just big, really surprised some people don't get that

People who do not work in jobs that are active need to go to the gym but others who lead active jobs and lifestyles but still big do not need the gym surely?

Sorry guys but I cant stand the roundys! Lazyness is the cause of 90% of roundness imo and the other 10% may very well be down to medical conditions.

ASPINALL - 28/6/2013 23:21

So he smoked AND ate heavily ?

Come on mate - no excuse.

No nit ate heavily just ate well like Beef Pork etc everyday, but he paid his way through life and never needed the NHS until his hip wore out through helping the young kids learning them, he died of stress on his heart through the pain he received from his hip which never got right

All im saying is he never drained the NHS of nothing, he went in the army worked from he age of 12 yet he was a big bloke all his life how can he be classed as a drain on society when he never needed the NHS but paid his taxes and pensions all his life

I think its easy to categorise people today when we should realsie not every big person is bad lol

I have sidetracked a little off the subject a bit lol but Fat people ain't just for christmass

I guess there is a big difference between being fat and being obese. We're all a bit fat but I always grimace when I see obese people waddling around. It must feel fucking horrible going around like that.

It is so easy to be lazy though these days. Can't be bothered to cook? Let's order a Chinese. On the way home in the car, spot McD (or similar) and decide it's easier to do that that to go shopping and cook yourself. I live 20 minutes away from work by foot and have to force myself to not take the car if the weather is crap or I just feel plain lazy. To my credit, though, I have been in this place for two years and haven't weakened. 40 mins walking a day ain't a bad thing even though I don't think I will ever have to worry about obesity!

Clive your grandd sounds like a top bloke to me, wish everyone had that outlook on, and approach to life.

I couldn't give a monkeys what size people are. From what I hear it is the thingies that cause more problems to the nhs than the fatties anyway. Not that I would judge anyway, all sorts of people require the nhs for all sorts of reasons, many of them perfectly healthy specimens one minute, then not the next. On the subjetc of 'being active' sporting injuries certainly clog up a and e whenever I've had to go there!

I can tell you there are just as many self righteous skinny fuckers in the cemetry as there are fat people.
I can't understand why so many people are bald , I have a decent head of hair at 55 and it's still brown not grey , couldn't possibly be my genes it's because I wash it and comb it and look after it like a temple. :17:

James06 - 29/6/2013 16:54

Clive your grandd sounds like a top bloke to me, wish everyone had that outlook on, and approach to life.

I couldn't give a monkeys what size people are. From what I hear it is the thingies that cause more problems to the nhs than the fatties anyway. Not that I would judge anyway, all sorts of people require the nhs for all sorts of reasons, many of them perfectly healthy specimens one minute, then not the next. On the subjetc of 'being active' sporting injuries certainly clog up a and e whenever I've had to go there!
Cheers James he was a respected bloke around the area but tbh he was a mean bugger with it aswell, used to belt me and my cousins for not very much lol