Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 168 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Remember before Dean Smith was flavour of the month everyone on here wanted Gary Rowett!

:lol::lol::lol:

Can't stand the bloke. He'll be sacked soon enough.

Yes there is a notable silence now r.e getting Rowett in. C'mon peeps. If you have previously posted that you wanted Rowett, come back and give us your thoughts now. Be generally interested to know.

Still think he is a good manager and Stoke will be there or there abouts when he settles it down

Blues fans were surprised but glad when he left.

Derby fans didn't like him.

Stoke fans don't like him.

Sounds just what we need with our patient fanbase. lol

Reactions: OVB
I think he was a bit like Bruce is here, at Blues in that he split the fans.

Obviously they were massively over acheiving in terms of league position but i think a lot of fans found his football very dull and turgid to watch.

All the Blues fans I know were glad when he went, although in hindsight probably wish he had stayed.

Just goes to show... be careful what you wish for.

Yes there is a notable silence now r.e getting Rowett in. C'mon peeps. If you have previously posted that you wanted Rowett, come back and give us your thoughts now. Be generally interested to know.

Since Rowett's been at Stoke he's changed the team dramatically and as we know from experience, it can take a time for players to settle in and for players already at a club time to get used to a new managers idea's and style of play.
Rowett has got previous teams he's managed to play reasonably attractive football, normally on a small budget. He did wonders at City for example, before new owners wanted a 'name' as manager.

Rowett teams playing attractive football?!?! Are you serious.

Not being funny 1958, but some of the things you come out with make me wonder if you even watch football.

As said, all the Blues fans I know were glad to see the back of him because like us they wanted good football above results and Rowett was not providing good football despite their lofty league position.

At Derby it was the same... keep it tight and boring, hope to nick a win.

And as for changing things dramatically at Stoke..... what? They are favourites to go back up BECAUSE they managed to keep the core of their squad.

Butland
Edwards
Shawcross
Pieters
Fletcher
Allen
Berahino
Adam
Crouch
Bojan

Managed to keep hold of the lot, and most of them are good premiership players, and only bought 5 players in + 3 on loan. Hardley MASSIVE changes.

Since Rowett's been at Stoke he's changed the team dramatically and as we know from experience, it can take a time for players to settle in and for players already at a club time to get used to a new managers idea's and style of play.
Rowett has got previous teams he's managed to play reasonably attractive football, normally on a small budget. He did wonders at City for example, before new owners wanted a 'name' as manager.

I accept that he was harshly sacked from Blues. But we must remember that he had not actually done anything other than keep Blues up and take them to 7th halfway through the season. They may or may not have stayed there but to suggest he was 'successful' is stretching it. He failed twice at getting Burton promoted. Yes getting Burton anywhere near the play offs is good but still failed. Failed with getting Derby promoted and now failing with Stoke. On top of that piss poor football. Re- Watch our game with Derby and then their play off games v Fulham if you don't believe me.
Just another in a long line of having a decent season or two and all of a sudden you are great. Nah... need to be doing more than that to get hyped up in my humble.

I accept that he was harshly sacked from Blues. But we must remember that he had not actually done anything other than keep Blues up and take them to 7th halfway through the season. They may or may not have stayed there but to suggest he was 'successful' is stretching it. He failed twice at getting Burton promoted. Yes getting Burton anywhere near the play offs is good but still failed. Failed with getting Derby promoted and now failing with Stoke. On top of that piss poor football. Re- Watch our game with Derby and then their play off games v Fulham if you don't believe me.
Just another in a long line of having a decent season or two and all of a sudden you are great. Nah... need to be doing more than that to get hyped up in my humble.

Melon I did not use the word 'successful'. I pointed out that he'd managed to get teams he'd managed to play reasonably attractive football. I did say he'd worked wonders at City. If you consider where they were when he took over and where they were when he was replaced, I'd consider that as being well on the way to being successful considering the lack of backing he got from the clubs owners.
Derby were playing some great football under him, albeit with some spectacular 'bottle jobs', against some surprising teams.

Melon I did not use the word 'successful'. I pointed out that he'd managed to get teams he'd managed to play reasonably attractive football. I did say he'd worked wonders at City. If you consider where they were when he took over and where they were when he was replaced, I'd consider that as being well on the way to being successful considering the lack of backing he got from the clubs owners.
Derby were playing some great football under him, albeit with some spectacular 'bottle jobs', against some surprising teams.

Derby did not play great football.

That is a fact.

Rowett is just a young Pulis. Managers like him are only tolerated so long as they get results but if they don't get them then the fans lose patience quickly.

The Stoke fans were going ballistic last night.

Pmsl laughing at some that say Rowett needs time and the Stoke fans should be patient yet at our own club we are not patient with Bruce despite his win record.

I think Deano that most people get pissed at Bruce for the same reasons I do.
It's his apparent unwillingness to change things that everyone can see is wrong.
Yes he'll come out at interviews and say all the right things but, the next game is exactly the same problems. And it's not just this season, its been the same since he arrived.
It's his insistance on playing 'square pegs in round holes'. Like 3 out of 4 of the back-line being played out of position. It's obvious to anyone who's got a guide dog that it isn't working and yet he refuses to alter it. Playing Jedinak at centreback will, if it carries on much longer, destroy Chesters confidence because, as it is he's having to keep trying to cover for Jedi's errors which is detracting from his own performances.