Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 166 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

What a sad shell of the player we had. Unbelievable really how far he has fallen.

For me it’s his general attitude to the game. He not he sort of player to bust a gut to get a result as that’s probably mirrored in his own game, like coming back from injury - does he put the extra hours in to get match fit outside of training? Doubt it.

Could’ve been a top, top player, had all the attributes to do it but he hasn’t even plateaued he’s gone backwards.

He seems to have devolved onto a one dimensional, bumbling target man. This was a bloke who scored pretty much every type of goal for us. Tap ins, towering headers, smashing them in from distance, acrobatic bicycle kicks, one on one's, solo goals. He should have gone on to be one of the best in Europe. Now he's not the best striker at crystal Palace ffs.

For me it’s his general attitude to the game. He not he sort of player to bust a gut to get a result as that’s probably mirrored in his own game, like coming back from injury - does he put the extra hours in to get match fit outside of training? Doubt it.

Could’ve been a top, top player, had all the attributes to do it but he hasn’t even plateaued he’s gone backwards.

To be fair he was back from serious injury early twice for us, to his own detriment because we needed him more than any other player. He's a surly bugger for sure though.

For me it’s his general attitude to the game. He not he sort of player to bust a gut to get a result as that’s probably mirrored in his own game,

And he has that "doesn't look like he gives a shit" demeanour favoured by Jordan Ayew, and our own Jimmy Danger - body language is poor and doesn't help fans' views on a player.

Shame.

Benteke was quality for us. And would be e continued to be had a stayed. Just another player who had a good thing going and had never going to recapture the form of mutual respect he had with us.

I am boycotting Midlands Today from now on.

The sport led with a load of Sandwell inbreds celebrating their goal-fest from Saturday, mainly delighted because they could count the number of goals on the fingers of one hand.

Then followed Wolves and then f**king Stoke! Stoke! Utterly disgraceful behaviour from the BBC.

Funny enough I am now boycotting Talkshite after today . Too much to list but topped off today by that fat Neanderthal Alan Brazil making light and jokes of the woman that spent 10 hours in the sea after falling from the cruise ship. Poor taste.

Funny enough I am now boycotting Talkshite after today . Too much to list but topped off today by that fat Neanderthal Alan Brazil making light and jokes of the woman that spent 10 hours in the sea after falling from the cruise ship. Poor taste.

Alan Brazil is a f**king disgrace - vile man. Fair play to you - I gave up on Talkshite years ago. Quality of presenters is piss-poor to say the least.

Alan Brazil is a f**king disgrace - vile man. Fair play to you - I gave up on Talkshite years ago. Quality of presenters is piss-poor to say the least.

it's about 4 years since I stopped it, couldn't stand Goughie and that other no mark twat and their made up nighty arguments just to get clowns dialling in.
Absolute rubbish

He seems to have devolved onto a one dimensional, bumbling target man. This was a bloke who scored pretty much every type of goal for us. Tap ins, towering headers, smashing them in from distance, acrobatic bicycle kicks, one on one's, solo goals. He should have gone on to be one of the best in Europe. Now he's not the best striker at crystal Palace ffs.

Perhaps the problem is that other managers see him simply as a one-dimensional target man and set the team up that way. He was never played in that way with us. He was given full licence to do what the hell he wanted. How often have you seen him run with the ball, battering defenders out of the way, since he left? That’s what I remember most about him during his time with us.

I would have Tekkers back on loan
Always dangerous going back to players. Never quite as good as we remember them. Same with Managers - GT had a terrible second coming (of course there are different circumstances but his second stint was short and ugly). Henry back to the Gooners, Rooney at Everton.

Times change, circumstances change, people are older and teams are different.