Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1366 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

So funny, "well we didnt suggest it so we're not that bad". Madrid were massively involved and I am sure Barca were too. JP Morgan funded Madrids stadium upgrades and were footing the bill for prize money so I am pretty sure they all had an equal hand in it.
You're probably correct, but remember the ManUre (NFL) and Dippers (MLB) owners are both majority owners of teams in leagues where relegation is not even a thing....

I see one of the NFL guys has come out as gay. I would have thought that football was progressive enough to accept a gay footballer by now but obviously the gay footballers don't think so.

I read the guy did say that he hopes these statements aren’t needed in the future, when it becomes more accepted. I actually think the red tops and magazines care more about a gay footballer than the real fans.

I see one of the NFL guys has come out as gay. I would have thought that football was progressive enough to accept a gay footballer by now but obviously the gay footballers don't think so.

Some of the cretins don't even accept black players, let alone gay ones, beyond any sane persons comprehension that it matters to people in this day and age doesn't it?

Some of the cretins don't even accept black players, let alone gay ones, beyond any sane persons comprehension that it matters to people in this day and age doesn't it?

I don't know about that. When was the last time you heard racist abuse directed at a player at an English football ground. I know it happens online but does it still happen in person. By that I mean do real football fans have a problem with people who are in some way different or is it all weirdos online?

I don't know about that. When was the last time you heard racist abuse directed at a player at an English football ground. I know it happens online but does it still happen in person. By that I mean do real football fans have a problem with people who are in some way different or is it all weirdos online?

Didn't just say English mate. The monkey noises rattling around in Eastern Europe is all too recent. And didn't just say on the pitch, I meant everywhere, including online abuse.

The Konsa song wasn't exactly an upstanding chant either.

There is still a lot of ignorance in society, and therefore within the football community.

Didn't just say English mate. The monkey noises rattling around in Eastern Europe is all too recent. And didn't just say on the pitch, I meant everywhere, including online abuse.

There is still a lot of ignorance in society, and therefore within the football community.

Yeah, obviously, I'm not a footballer so I don't know what it's like. I feel that the fans of English clubs who go to matches would be supportive of an openly gay player. I'm sure the internet trolls would have a field day on social media. It's a big burden to carry though.

Yeah, obviously, I'm not a footballer so I don't know what it's like. I feel that the fans of English clubs who go to matches would be supportive of an openly gay player. I'm sure the internet trolls would have a field day on social media. It's a big burden to carry though.

Not sure if the oppo would, people will fling silly names not thinking, it isn't always meant to be offensive, but I guess if you are on the receiving end and hear it time and time again, it would be offensive.

I agree eastern Europe is like England in the 60's , did anyone ask Ezri if he liked his song or are we doing the normal white man thing of getting offended for him.

I think the whole media circus that will follow after they come out would put a few off as well. Some of the tabloids are desperate for it to happen so they can get the exclusive interviews.
Every time I see Hitzelsperger in the media now he's labelled gay ex-footballer. Just call him ex-footballer. I cant see many people wanting that sort of publicity following them around forever

I see another manager has turned Spurs down; Lopetegui of Sevilla. This is getting more than embarrassing. I almost feel sorry for Spurs fans; no club deserves this sort of shambles.

Klinsmann says he wants the job. But hasn't heard from Levy.

I see UEFA have had a 'hold my beer' moment tonight.

Turning the stadium into colours isn't political, but requesting permission to turn the stadium into colours is political against the Hungary international side, when it's nothing to do with the Hungary international side, it's to do with their right wing Gov's discriminatory stance.

Right thanks UEFA for clearing that up perfectly given people misunderstood 'political' before.

200w.gif