Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1368 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I see UEFA have had a 'hold my beer' moment tonight.

Turning the stadium into colours isn't political, but requesting permission to turn the stadium into colours is political against the Hungary international side, when it's nothing to do with the Hungary international side, it's to do with their right wing Gov's discriminatory stance.

Right thanks UEFA for clearing that up perfectly given people misunderstood 'political' before.

I might agree with you but it is interesting they have picked on one small country rather than Turkey and Russia whose laws are somewhat more draconian whether you are gay, woman or Kurd.

I might agree with you but it is interesting they have picked on one small country rather than Turkey and Russia whose laws are somewhat more draconian whether you are gay, woman or Kurd.

Agree, they'd have made UEFA work harder if they were doing it full stop and regardless of opponents.

Its just more recent as the tosser in charge of Hungary just passed a load of ridiculous laws targeting gay people. The sort of thing these types of dickheads do to distract their people from whatever actual issues they have, like whenever the Argies start rattling sabres over the Falklands its normally coincides with the presidents approval rating dropping.

Tesco bags have appointed Valerien Ismael as head coach.

Did an incredible job at Barnsley. Came in with them struggling in first part of the season and they ended up in the play offs.

Can't say I'd like watching the type of football he produced there week in week ouy though. He's basically a French Big Sam or Pulis. Absolute dedication to long balls, winning throw ins and set plays then piling everyone into the box. Apparently last season in the championship you could use 5 subs and he uses all 5 every game because they basically run themselves into the ground for 90 minutes. Any Albion fans expecting anything other than grinding out narrow wins through attrition is going to be very disappointed.

Did an incredible job at Barnsley. Came in with them struggling in first part of the season and they ended up in the play offs.

Can't say I'd like watching the type of football he produced there week in week ouy though. He's basically a French Big Sam or Pulis. Absolute dedication to long balls, winning throw ins and set plays then piling everyone into the box. Apparently last season in the championship you could use 5 subs and he uses all 5 every game because they basically run themselves into the ground for 90 minutes. Any Albion fans expecting anything other than grinding out narrow wins through attrition is going to be very disappointed.
New Bielsa then

Dont know if this has been posted, but EUFA have cancelled the away goals rule for European competitions, going now for extra time and penalties.
Massive backwards step. More playing time for players, who already have too many commitments and will we go back to boring 0-0 draws as was the case before the away goal rule.
It was one of the very few things they have ever got right.

It looks like Nuno to Spurs might be happening after all. The Spurs fans aren't happy about it. Apparently, it shows a lack of ambition after every other manager in the world turned them down.

Nuno is about as good as Spurs are going to get, they really do live in cloud cuckoo land. I don’t think he’s particularly negative, he’s direct and there will be balls flung to the right corner of the pitch for a 100m sprinter to chase but that’s just his style.

I think he might actually be a good shout for Spurs to simply consolidate their position which is a success, they’re in danger of falling further backwards.

Dont know if this has been posted, but EUFA have cancelled the away goals rule for European competitions, going now for extra time and penalties.
Massive backwards step. More playing time for players, who already have too many commitments and will we go back to boring 0-0 draws as was the case before the away goal rule.
It was one of the very few things they have ever got right.
I did'nt know that. I am suprised that nobody else posted that.

Imagine being the 6th or 7th choice to manage Spurs and everyone knows that.

And you just know the Tesco bags appointment will end in tears particularly with the one-dimensional hoof style of play from the new manager and an owner who doesn't like to spend (or hasn't got the money to spend which is more likely?)

My heart bleeds for them both................I'm sure:hmmm::shake:

Last edited: