On this day | Page 11 | Vital Football

On this day

Congratulations Biggles.

Happy birthday, you deserve a medal for perseverance, loyalty, fortitude,resilience and commitment to the cause.
Hopefully this time next year you can celebrate with a combined promotion & birthday party but, as I am sure you have been told before,-DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!

None of us are here for the glory...

May 26th isn't a great day in United's history, Crystal Palace and Wolves playoff defeats as well as Huddersfield. Remember they were cracking days out two in London one Cardiff, good food, great alcohol and plenty of craic, unfortunately the games took the gloss off the days. Maybe we can break the hoodoo one day.

But one of our players was given MoM mate. It's just that is it inconvenient to
accept it.

It's not inconvenient at all Chips, we have lost every play final I think only Brentford have a worst record.
Obviously it was Simonsen he saved two pens didn't he, not that it matters. Never blamed him for the defeat, the 10 outfield players didn't do enough to win a game of football, win as a team lose as a team is spot on no time for people who scapegoat individual players. We just don't do finals and we also struggle in cup semi-finals, maybe we can improve who knows.

It's not inconvenient at all Chips, we have lost every play final I think only Brentford have a worst record.
Obviously it was Simonsen he saved two pens didn't he, not that it matters. Never blamed him for the defeat, the 10 outfield players didn't do enough to win a game of football, win as a team lose as a team is spot on no time for people who scapegoat individual players. We just don't do finals and we also struggle in cup semi-finals, maybe we can improve who knows.
I know I've been to all our last 9 big loses. But the last one is what we were talking about mate.

In 2021 we appointed the stand out candidate for the vacant managers job well done blades :clap:

Wasn't many candidates. Blessin couldn't get a work permit, Heckingbottom said he didn't want it (might have been telling porkies). Would be interested to learn the other candidates. Lennon and Howe were mentioned but were they interviewed.

Wasn't many candidates. Blessin couldn't get a work permit, Heckingbottom said he didn't want it (might have been telling porkies). Would be interested to learn the other candidates. Lennon and Howe were mentioned but were they interviewed.
There were at least 4 others as we had a 5 man short list I don’t think it was up to much though cos we appointed someone who wasn’t on it 🤣